Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10th January 2019, 23:16   #11  |  Link
MasterMeNL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
Basically it sounds like a problem with your system when it's not even possible to copy those files with windows explorer.

Honestly I don't know how I can help in this case.

Maybe try to use a virtual windows with access to your drive? And see if you can copy the files there?

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk
When doing it in a Windows 10 VM one of the following happens:

* Native SCSI passthrough: same problem occurs when copying these files as native Windows;
* Emulated drive: access works, DVDFab works, FindVUK complains about it not being a Blu-ray drive and refuses to work (appears there is no way to ignore this check). If I remember correctly it complained because QEMU (the VM) emulates the drive as a CD-ROM drive and not a Blu-ray drive.

I also did some testing on Linux with wine-4.0-rc4

* 32-bit wine, 32-bit DVDFab: DVDFab works, procdump crashes;
* 64-bit wine, 32-bit DVDFab: DVDFab works, procdump64 works, FindVUK step one works completely, step two fails because "Drive is NOT a Blu-ray drive! Exit now!";
* 64-bit wine, 64-bit DVDFab: DVDFab crashes

It appears wine does not support probing for all device info currently, and returns some dummy info which happens to be not a Blu-ray drive:
002a:fixme:ntdll:server_ioctl_file Unsupported ioctl 2d1400 (device=2d access=0 func=500 method=0)

As the UnitKeyDEC is found successfully the most important functionality works fine. I have not found a way to skip the part 2 Blu-ray drive check. Could you add an option or argument to skip the check and assume the drive is a Blu-ray drive or allow for hardcoding drive features in the config file? Possibly changing the check mechanism could fix this. DVDFab reports for example, even with wine, "Disc media: Blu-ray (BDMV)". Alternatively I don't mind hacking the source a bit and submitting a patch, but as far as I can see FindVUK is closed source.

Initially I'd say a version that skips the check would be good for testing, could you upload a version that makes this possible?

Thanks.
MasterMeNL is offline   Reply With Quote