Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion

Old 9th February 2019, 07:37   #1  |  Link
jealousy91

Problem with Guide for "How to prepare a Blu-ray for editing in a NLE"

I'm following the guide here on how to prepare a Blu-ray file for any non-linear editing software and installed all the necessary softwares.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163649

In the section that reads Mount the AVS file it says to right click on the AVS file extension and click on “Quick Mount” and a folder should appear. But this does not happen for me, instead a "PFM Mount' appears and when I click on it a Mount options box appears and and when I click Mount it says the file cannot be mounted as it is not of a supported file format.

I've tried asking for help here but nothing worked.
https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...rking-Properly
jealousy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2019, 11:09   #2  |  Link
manolito

As someone at Videohelp already pointed out, this guide uses an older (and IMO more reliable) version of AVFS. I uploaded it here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/0owoff

Make sure to uninstall your version of AVFS and PFMAP before installing this older version.

Good luck
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 05:02   #3  |  Link
jealousy91

When I right click on the avs file now it says "Quick mount" like it's supposed to. But when I click on it says "File cannot be mounted. It is not of a supported file format."

Old 10th February 2019, 07:41   #4  |  Link
lansing

Don't use "quick mount"
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2019, 11:00   #5  |  Link
manolito

On your screen shot it looks like you are trying to mount an MKV instead of an AVS script. This cannot work of course. Or did you configure the Windows Explorer to not show known file extensions?

Anyways, you need to post the content of your AVS script here. And you should try to open this AVS in VDub or a DirectShow based player (like MPC-HC or WMP). Do you get an error message? What does it say?

And contrary to what lansing said "Quick Mount" is the way to go.
Old 10th February 2019, 12:06   #6  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Or did you configure the Windows Explorer to not show known file extensions?
Of course. The .mkv is show like 1KB Size and Type AviSynth Script.
@jealousy91 please configure Windows Explorer to show always extensions

Quote:
Anyways, you need to post the content of your AVS script here. And you should try to open this AVS in VDub or a DirectShow based player (like MPC-HC or WMP). Do you get an error message? What does it say?
See the videohelp forum.
Old 11th February 2019, 05:43   #7  |  Link
jealousy91

https://forum.videohelp.com/forums/11-Video-Conversion

With advice from a user on videohelp, I enabled to show the extensions to see what the files really are

Then I installed the x86 versions of VirtualDub2 and AviSynth and then added a 32-bit plugin of ffms2.dll to avisynth plugins directory and the avs file now works

But when I try to Quick mount it I get the same error message. Here's a video demonstrating it.
https://vimeo.com/user94960228/revie...300/898b1ae362

manolito had said that I'm trying to mount an MKV instead of an AVS script and that this obviously cannot work.

Last edited by jealousy91; 11th February 2019 at 05:46.
Old 11th February 2019, 12:40   #8  |  Link
manolito

If you can now open the AVS script in VDub or a software player, this is real progress...

For the mounting error I don't know, your vimeo link does not work here (Germany). Some things to try:

The AVFS readme says that you need to register the DLL after installing Pismo with this command:
Quote:
pfm register c:\windows\avfs.dll
The other thing you can try is add a color conversion command to the end of your script:
Quote:
You may need to add a ConvertToRGB24() to the end of your script in order to generate an AVI file that most things understand.

Cheers
manolito
Old 11th February 2019, 14:09   #9  |  Link
jealousy91

OK. If not Ill try an older version of Pismo.

Last edited by jealousy91; 11th February 2019 at 14:48.
Old 11th February 2019, 15:29   #10  |  Link
manolito

You already have an older Pismo version in my uploaded package. This one does work with AVFS 1.0.0.5.
Don't forget to register the avfs.dll.
Old 11th February 2019, 17:44   #11  |  Link
jealousy91

I tried to register AVFS with cmd using c:\windows\avfs.dll and got this message

Did I type the wrong command?
Old 11th February 2019, 20:39   #12  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousy91 View Post
I tried to register AVFS with cmd using c:\windows\avfs.dll and got this message

Did I type the wrong command?

yes, wrong command . You need pfm register

as per the instructions

Code:
pfm register c:\windows\avfs.dll
You might need to be logged in as administrator or elevated priviledges
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2021, 04:42   #13  |  Link
jealousy91

I've gotten a new PC now and I'm currently reinstalling all the necessary programs for this, but I don't remember which older version of PFMAP was provided by manolito here as the link for it has expired

If anyone knows which previous version of PFMAP is needed and can provide a link for it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by jealousy91; 25th October 2021 at 08:32.
Old 25th October 2021, 09:26   #14  |  Link
jealousy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousy91 View Post
I've gotten a new PC now and I'm currently reinstalling all the necessary programs for this, but I don't remember which older version of PFMAP was provided by manolito here as the link for it has expired

If anyone knows which previous version of PFMAP is needed and can provide a link for it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm using PFMAP build 180 and it shows Quick Mount when I right-click on an avs file.

But I'm having an issue registering avfs.dll through the command prompt. When I enter the command pfm register c:\windows\avfs.dll it'll then say Registering formatter "pfm register c:\windows\avfs.dll".. with nothing happening and being unable to quick mount. I also tried the command regsvr32 avfs.dll by placing avfs.dll in the System32 folder and got this error message

The module "avfs.dll" was loaded but the entry point
DllRegisterServer was not found.

Make sure that "avfs.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try
again.

Am I using the wrong command? Did I place avfs.dll in the wrong file location? Or is it something else I'm doing wrong?

I'm using Windows 10.

Last edited by jealousy91; 25th October 2021 at 16:40.
Old 25th October 2021, 17:50   #15  |  Link
manolito

Hi,

I just reuploaded the older version from the second post in this thread. Download here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/k32v8m

I have not used this software for some time, just a few things to observe:

Do not mix versions. Uninstall all other versions of this software completely, then reboot your machine before installing this version.

Follow the instructions in the ReadMe to the letter.

I omly tested this version under WinXP and Win7. No idea how it behaves under Win10.

Good luck...

Last edited by manolito; 25th October 2021 at 18:30.
Old 25th October 2021, 18:57   #16  |  Link
jealousy91

I followed the installation instructions in the readme.txt with the proper version of PFMAP provided and got this

Before doing this, I uninstalled PFMAP v180 that I already had installed then restarted my PC

Last edited by jealousy91; 25th October 2021 at 19:27.
Old 27th October 2021, 09:51   #17  |  Link
tebasuna51

Read this thread https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...81#post1816181
Maybe can help you.
Old 28th October 2021, 00:16   #18  |  Link
poisondeathray

Why don't you just use the newer version ? Is context menu that important for you ? That old version only works with x86 avisynth

If you insist on using the old version - Are you sure the old PFMAP v180 is a good idea ? If you look at the changelog, many of the changes were related to win10 compatibility
https://pismotec.com/download/pfmap-192-readme.txt

avfs 1.0.0.5 is from 2010. 1.0.0.6 is from 2015.

The newest versions of avfs from 2021 run from commandline, and are bundled with vapoursynth installer. They support x64 avisynth and vapoursynth (instead of x86 avisynth only)

avfs with vapoursynth version has other benefits, including fourcc emulation of IYUV, UYVY, v210 . This means higher compatibility in some NLE's - less quality loss and mishandling.

For example you have vegas 19 in your screenshot. If you mount a YV12, or YUY2 script with the old avfs, it will be converted to Computer RGB, instead of Studio RGB in vegas. This has potential to clip data. In other NLE's like premiere that have YUV timelines, when you use the correct fourcc's - they are treated as YUV, instead of RGB - again, no clipping and RGB conversion

If you're only using this for import (not filtering or other manipulations) - if you use the native .m2ts container instead of mkv, you should be able to import directly anyways, without avisynth
Old 30th October 2021, 02:44   #19  |  Link
jealousy91

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
For example you have vegas 19 in your screenshot. If you mount a YV12, or YUY2 script with the old avfs, it will be converted to Computer RGB, instead of Studio RGB in vegas. This has potential to clip data. In other NLE's like premiere that have YUV timelines, when you use the correct fourcc's - they are treated as YUV, instead of RGB - again, no clipping and RGB conversion

If you're only using this for import (not filtering or other manipulations) - if you use the native .m2ts container instead of mkv, you should be able to import directly anyways, without avisynth
Since I'm doing this for that purpose, I went ahead and took your advice. I directly imported the .m2ts container.

But the wav files I extracted using Megui are not frame-synced with the .m2ts container

The audio plays out of sync with the video, even when I try to correct it on the timeline.

Last edited by jealousy91; 30th October 2021 at 04:08.
Old 30th October 2021, 04:48   #20  |  Link
poisondeathray

Don't extract the audio (leave it in the m2ts container) ? What kind of audio? Or was the the reason for demuxing it ? (vegas not supporting it)

Is it in sync if you create a script that includes audio with avisynth , in a media player ? e.g. mpchc ?