Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 3rd April 2010, 12:09   #1  |  Link
peppi_le_piou

mp4 has 2 audio, need to convert

I have an mp4 that contains 2 audio streams, audio 1 is a foreign language and audio 2 is English. I have tried a few programs but they only convert by using the first stream so this is no good to me.

I eventually tried AVS4You which has the ability to select the English stream (in the Advanced menu) but it resulted in audio/video out of sync. I was able to correct this delay in VirtualDubMod by inserting an 150ms correction. This method is time consuming.

I am looking for a program that someone has tried (and do what I need) which will enable conversion to AVI and show ALL audio streams to select. Free or buy is of no real concern as long as it does a good quality conversion easily.
peppi_le_piou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 14:12   #2  |  Link

Where did you get the MP4 file?
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2010, 22:40   #3  |  Link
peppi_le_piou

Hi. I backup my own dvd's to preserve them and put the avi's onto one disk and take them with me when I go away on my job. I mistakenly converted one movie to mp4 (I need avi to play on standalones). I can do this one again, but since I'm at this point and as a learning thing I'd like to sort this out.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:05   #4  |  Link
Hiritsuki
Novice of AVS

Extract that mp4 and add you need to convert.
Old 4th April 2010, 10:38   #5  |  Link
peppi_le_piou

I want to use the most simplest and quickest method available and without having to demux audio and video streams then remuxing again. That is more tedious than repadding the audio method that I had tried earlier.

It appears that not too many have experimented with mp4 files and just stick to the proven avi's but as avi is gradually being replaced with mp4 container ppl should be doing a little research and experimentation.

There are a couple of programs that I had found which enable the mp4 file to be edited. These being Dumpster.exe and mp4UI.exe. I couldn't make Dumpster do what I wanted outright, but mp4UI did by loading the mp4 movie into it and selecting to delete the unwanted (default playing) audio language. This resulted in no audio being played and this is where Dumpster came to the fore. I changed the flag values to the ones that I had jotted down in the original file, before deletion and presto, my preferred audio plays.

Convert with my usual program and I am happy. Hint...... make a backup copy of your video file.
Old 5th April 2010, 10:54   #6  |  Link
peppi_le_piou

There are 8 different products under your suggested banner just on the first page of Google

"I am looking for a program that someone has tried" [unquote] ....... so which one have you tried that meets my requirements?

thanks!
Old 11th April 2010, 14:44   #7  |  Link
Inspector.Gadget

Yes, let's all recommend Pavtube, another one of 2 million FFMPEG ripoffs
Inspector.Gadget is offline   Reply With Quote