Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > Forum / Site Suggestions & Help

Old 25th May 2010, 16:13   #1  |  Link
Chetwood

Hosting the DVD Shrink FAQ on Doom9

I've been last man standing on the official (with dvdshrink's blessings that is) DVD Shrink forums for a couple of years now. The admin has gone AWOL for about the same time and does not respond to pm/mails. Being only a moderator I cannot update the forum soft (better captcha routine) nor set it to moderated. Thus the forum is overrun by spambots which I kept under control using a Greasemonky script but for a while they apparently upped the ante resulting in 2000+ spams per day. So I'm abandoning ship for the time being, hoping to be able to host the Shrink FAQ as a sticky here in the "One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation" subforum. Although traffic's gone slow there as well I still think it's the right place to be, what do the powers that be think? Thanks.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:41   #2  |  Link

Sounds fine to me. Move it over and I'll stick it for you (send me a PM with the link when available). Thanks for your work on it. I'm sure it's frustrating to have the admins disappear on you. I doubt you'll have to worry about Doom9 and Swede disappearing, except for short periods at specific times of year.

And of course we are ruthless to spammers here.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 21:43   #3  |  Link
Nick
One click is all it takes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetwood View Post
So I'm abandoning ship for the time being, hoping to be able to host the Shrink FAQ as a sticky here in the "One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation" subforum. Although traffic's gone slow there as well I still think it's the right place to be, what do the powers that be think?
Whilst I'd hardly consider myself a "power that be" (more of a spam janitor these days ) I would be in agreement that this would be the correct place for it. I think traffic is slow there for no other reason than that this forum community largely keeps with the times of video encoding technology and one-click DVD software is a long way from the bleeding edge in this HD era.

Nevertheless, given the Shrink forum is no longer viable, I agree that this forum would be a good place to maintain it for the forseeable future at least.
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote