Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 25th April 2018, 04:06   #1  |  Link
doomleox999

One Click Encoder log problem

Hi everyone. The One Click Encoder (OCE for future references) tool is amazing, it saves me a lot of time and works well, I have no problem with it, but everytime I use it I get this in the log:

Again, nothing goes wrong and the result is OK, I just want to know why that happens.

On a side note, is it possible to encode a mkv to mp4 with hardsubs using OCE? Because when I load a mkv with embedded subtitles, OCE doesn't allow me to choose mp4 as output format.

On a second side note, is it possible with MeGUI (or other software) to encode a mkv that has embedded subs and fonts (as attachments) to a hardsubbed mp4 without having to extract the subs and fonts?

What I always do is:

- extract the subs and fonts from the mkv,
- install the fonts in my system
- load the mkv with File Indexer in MeGUI
- load the extracted subs at the bottom of the "Filters" tab in AviSynth script creator
- encode and get a harsubbed mp4

I'm basically asking for an easy and lazy way to encode and hardsub. I'm honestly curious to know if it is possible and if it's not, if it could be implemented in a future MeGUI update.

That's all. To summarize, 1) log issue with OCE, 2) hardsub with OCE and 3) lazy hardsub with fonts and all.

Thanks in advance!
doomleox999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2018, 19:28   #2  |  Link
hello_hello

The source detection works well for mpeg2/DVD video, but I don't recall having much luck with scanning other formats. If you know the source is progressive, just disable the automatic de-interlacing.

I don't use the OneClick encoder, but if an MKV includes ass subtitles you can't select MP4 as the output format unless unless you remove the subtitles from the subtitle field. I suspect that's because MP4 doesn't support muxing ass. For batch encoding you'd probably have to create a OneClick profile that doesn't include subtitles, assuming you can.

I've no idea about automatically hard-subbing embedded subtitles. Until that feature is added to the OneClick encoder, I think you're doing it the easiest/only way, unless there's another GUI that'll do it?
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hardsub, megui, mkv to mp4, one click encoder