Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13th November 2009, 00:17   #6101  |  Link
tijgert

@BobZhome: Great suggestion, I never thought of the .cmd file... unfortunately that route would yield me a .ts or .m2ts file while I wanted an .mkv.
As you all know, MKVmerge does not support .sup or .sub subtitles and OCR is a major drag... hence my suggestion to have RipBot handle the audio and video and just have it merge already prepared video.
tijgert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 01:38   #6102  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Will these come in next updates?

- savable custom resolutions in select down menu
- savable custom color tweak in select down menu

having to change the resolution is really taking extra time when doing many little videos since it's not possible to just type in the desire resolution in the box but have to click on the arrow buttons. So I think that should be a high priority in next update. The color tweak isn't that important but will be cool if possible to implement it too.
MKVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 09:08   #6103  |  Link
Ga1j1n

Quote:
1. Direct stream copy for video, (or Null video) - Now implemented for audio only, but for video would be very handy feature in order to process audio and subs only without hours of unwanted video encoding.
I second the above, would be really handy, I'm in the midst of modifying some earlier created h.264 and AC3 stream filled Avi's that won't play on my PS3 (Avi's with AC3 are not supported) and to do that I have to:

1) De-Mux with Yamb
2) Re-Encode the AC3 to 5.1 AAC
3) Re-Mux with Yamb

A real pain, Direct Stream copy would be great as would a button to execute the audio encoding option you have selected independantly (StaxRip does this, It's the only thing I use it for!)
Ga1j1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 14:25   #6104  |  Link
stryker412

I still cannot get any movies strip the core tracks whether it be dts or ac3. Anyone have any ideas? I changed the .ini to only do mkvs.
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 18:22   #6105  |  Link
Joe-RequiresJob

>=v1.14.4 = No avi's

v1.14.4
Added: RipBot264 will force ffdshow as prefferd Xvid and Divx 4/5 decoder in Windows 7
Changed: Avi files will be decoded via DirectShowSource instead of OpenDMLSource (Reason: OpenDMLSource does not work well with Windows 7 RTM)
Changed: Avs files wiil be imported via Import() instead of DirectShowSource
Changed: Lossless audio is automatically selected instead of first audio stream in Demuxing window
Changed: Bitmap based suptitles are also allowed for none-standard resolutions (MKV)
Fixed: Blu-ray subtitles were not resized if user changed resolution after adding subtitles
Fixed: FLAC will be decoded by madFLAC instead of BassAudio due to weird problems on Windows 7 RTM (Avs script hangs if bassaudio.dll is loaded)
Fixed: temporary files will not be automatically stored on non-NTFS drives (external usb drive for example)
Fixed: 24fps subtitles were automatically converted to 23.976fps due to missing /fps:keep option
Updated: x264 r1251M, NicAudio 2.0.4, MediaInfo 0.7.21, Yadif 1.6, BDSup2Sub 3.9.7

After incrementally upgrading from v1.14.3 to v1.14.4 and later, I have had major issues with RipBot failing to load certain *.avi containers. All I'm greeted with is a MPC window with the message...

DirectShowSource i can't determine the frame rate of the video, you must use the "fps" parameter. (C:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)

After going through all the rigmarole of reinstalling AviSynth/Haali Splitter/FFDShow etc, I finally found the issue was all to do with the highlighted "fix" above.

So I guess my question is, am I stuck with using v1.14.3 or earlier, as all the later editions fail to load AVIs? I am running Vista 64, Incidentally.

Thanks
Joe-RequiresJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 19:25   #6106  |  Link
CyberTron88

hmm...encountered this problem with X Men 3. If I select DTS 6.1, I downmix it DD 5.1 or every copy. The default option are all 2.0. Can we allow downconverting to 5.1?
CyberTron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 20:42   #6107  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

send me 50MB sample. Use DGsplit and www.mediafire.com. I need .m2ts file.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 21:06   #6108  |  Link
stryker412

Atak, do any of your movies not offer Direct Copy for DTS/AC3? I've tried numerous movies of late, and nothing. I am using 1.14.5.

Here is GI Joe which has a DTS-MA track.

Last edited by stryker412; 14th November 2009 at 21:53.
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 21:30   #6109  |  Link
kikker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijgert View Post
As you all know, MKVmerge does not support .sup or .sub subtitles and OCR is a major drag... hence my suggestion to have RipBot handle the audio and video and just have it merge already prepared video.
MKV's can handle SUB/IDX just fine. You just have to import the IDX though.
kikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 03:01   #6110  |  Link
CyberTron88

Here's the first 50MB

http://www.mediafire.com/?y2jydmymjxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
send me 50MB sample. Use DGsplit and www.mediafire.com. I need .m2ts file.
CyberTron88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 09:37   #6111  |  Link
gohamstergo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker412 View Post
Atak, do any of your movies not offer Direct Copy for DTS/AC3? I've tried numerous movies of late, and nothing. I am using 1.14.5.

Here is GI Joe which has a DTS-MA track.

I would like an answer to this as well, since I've asked it before and it got buried.
gohamstergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 11:07   #6112  |  Link
Mihai_

For Atak_Snajpera:
My videos have AC3 audio and these are recorded with my video camera and have 448 Kbps (CBR) audio, but with RipBot I can convert to AAC only up to 320 kbps (ABR).
I want to preserve de audio at 448 Kbps.
You said: "320kbps is max what CT-AAC supports"
If so ... why you don't add Nero AAC as a second option ? Both CT-AAC and Nero AAC are freeware.
With Nero AAC other softwares can convert AC3 to AAC at 448 Kbpbs, 512 Kbps, 640 Kbps, and over ... while RipBot can convert with CT-AAC only up to 320 Kbps.
You can add Nero AAC Codec for audio (can encode to AAC over 320 kbps, while CT-AAC cannot)
Link for Nero AAC Codec test:
Two images shows for Nero AAC that the best audio quality, combined with a low size in MB, is at 700-800 kbps, when encoding Blu-ray with a 24bit 48kHz soundtrack ... to AAC:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/...hp/t68122.html

Last edited by Mihai_; 21st December 2009 at 11:47.
Mihai_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 20:04   #6113  |  Link
jacksback

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohamstergo View Post
I would like an answer to this as well, since I've asked it before and it got buried.
Same problem. Here's an image showing the X-Men 3 DTS soundtrack in the right window and the options I have in the left window. I have all the required DTS libraries in the Tools\ax\ArcSoft DTS Decoder\ directory but they don't help. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled but still only get AC3 as the default audio option. X-Men only gives me AAC so there's something up with the newer version of RipBOT

Any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited by jacksback; 15th November 2009 at 20:10.
jacksback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 21:33   #6114  |  Link
kikker

^ Yes, I have an idea, and it's a good one.

Because you have the Arcsoft decoder installed, you cannot direct stream copy. You wind up with the uncompressed audio instead. You then have the option of transcoding to the available audio formats presented.

If you remove that decoder from your system, you will then see the option to extract the core DTS file (copy stream).

I've asked Atak if he would be so kind to give us the option to extract the core AC3/DTS with a little check mark box when the source TrueHD and DTS-MA are present . I think it has fallen on deaf ears though.

This audio question gets raised over and over and leads to much confusion. Other than that, it's a great app.

Last edited by kikker; 15th November 2009 at 21:38.
Old 15th November 2009, 21:38   #6115  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

This is my final answer:
DTSMA -> wav -> AC 640kbps = DTS core 1,5 MBps in terms of quality.

Now tell me why would use DTS if you could get the same quality with smaller AC3??? Blind tests made by professional do not lie. Just use google.

@jacksback
I forgot to add proper downmix for 6.1 audio. You will have to wait for new version.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 15th November 2009 at 21:40.
Old 15th November 2009, 21:42   #6116  |  Link
gohamstergo

Quote:
This is my final answer:

Now tell me why would use DTS if you could get the same quality with smaller AC3??? Blind tests made by professional do not lie. Just use google.
ok so to achieve this, we would NOT select flac on the first screen, then when we get to the second screen select the 640kb option? I assume the "DTSMA -> wav" step is done automatically after the first screen, right?

Last edited by gohamstergo; 15th November 2009 at 21:44.
gohamstergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2009, 21:46   #6117  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
ok so to achieve this, we would NOT select flac on the first screen, then when we get to the second screen select the 640kb option? I assume the "DTSMA -> wav" step is done automatically during the first demuxing step right?
It does not matter if you have FLAC selected or not because FLAC is lossless (Free Lossless Audio Codec)
Old 15th November 2009, 21:52   #6118  |  Link
kikker

Quote:
This is my final answer:

Because many here, including myself, are audio purists and just want to keep either the core AC3 or the core DTS (depending on which is present on disc) to preserve that which was encoded directly by the studio without alteration. Increasingly, many are encoding with constant quality, not constant size, so any increase in audio size would not detract from the video size and quality.

Furthermore, it would eliminate a ton of audio confusion in this thread. I'm pretty sure all that would be required is to add an option for the --core argument to the eac3to command line. The option could be presented in the streams dialog box as an "extract core audio" checkbox, which would cover both TrueHD and DTS-MA.

Lastly, I understand your argument that AC3 quality with its smaller bitrate is equivalent to DTS, but even when only TrueHD is available on disc, the only way to obtain an AC3 track is to encode it, when it's already available straight from the disc and the way the producers intended it!

Otherwise, a fantastic app and my "go to" encoder.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:01   #6119  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Because many here, including myself, are audio purists and just want to keep either the core AC3 or the core DTS (depending on which is present on disc) to preserve that which was encoded directly by the studio without alteration. Increasingly, many are encoding with constant quality, not constant size, so any increase in audio size would not detract from the video size and quality. Furthermore, it would eliminate a ton of audio confusion in this thread. I'm pretty sure all that would be required is to add an option for the --core argument to the eac3to command line. The option could be presented in the streams dialog box as an "extract core audio" checkbox, which would cover both TrueHD and DTS-MA.

Lastly, I understand your argument that AC3 quality with its smaller bitrate is equivalent to DTS, but even when only TrueHD is available on disc, the only way to obtain an AC3 track is to encode it, when it's already available straight from the disc and the way the producers intended it!
Audio purist or not I don't care. I only care if I hear difference or not. There are also people encoding for DVD. It means that they get better video quality due to saved audio bits. Therefore I won't change my concept. By the way true purists do not encode video and audio at all. They just watch movies from original disks.
Old 15th November 2009, 22:09   #6120  |  Link
kikker

Yes, you're right. I guess I'm not that much of a purist then.

But, if the option were present, it wouldn't change anything for those who are encoding with constant size, to a DVD as you mention. They would still be able to encode to AC3 if a DTS-MA track were present.

BTW, what's the rationale for not extracting core AC3 then? That would be a wonderful addition in my humble opinion!! I can always stay away from the Arcsoft decoder to get core DTS, but I can't do anything about getting that core AC3 in Ripbot.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360