Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd July 2013, 08:53   #1  |  Link
galinette69

MPC-HC 24p stuttering

Dear all,

As I am bored with 24p stuttering, I tried yesterday to switch my display (GF 9800GT plugged on a Panasonic projector via HDMI) to 24Hz. After some time searching for custom timings as my Nvidia control panel had no stock 24Hz mode, I successfully configured a 1080/24p mode, which my projector liked (the info menu displays the hdmi input mode, which changed from 1080@60p to 1080@24p)

But the video (Tree of Life Bluray) was completely laggy, about 50% of the time it looked as if it was displayed at 12Hz or so. Sometimes it looked well for a few seconds. It looked like the decoding was too slow, but it's not the case, as the movie is perfectly decoded on a 60Hz display (with only 2% processor use)

I'm using the default EVR-CP renderer, with no custom settings. The audio output is DTS pass-thru to the amplifier.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Etienne
galinette69 is offline   Reply With Quote