Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th February 2014, 00:42   #19261  |  Link
slvrsrfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I just posted a new version. It's the one I used for the last couple of test runs. I don't think it will change anything from your end... but you never know.
I just started reloading Windows - so I'll grab this version once the updates finish. I'll give up if it doesn't work w/ just Windows and the the BDRB relevant apps.
slvrsrfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 01:11   #19262  |  Link
Sharc

@jdobbs
Thank you for the new release.
I notice that BD-RB 0.46.13 still wants to add the sky background Clip as an Extra to the Quick-Menu. It happens after importing, when launching the Quick-Play Menu Editor and Save:
Code:
[Titles]
Title=SCRATCH
Threshold=27000000
00001=BC1
00002=BC2
00003=03. Disc Extra: [00:00:01.042]
[Position]
00001=1
00002=2
00003=3
[Selected]
00001=-1
00002=-1
00003=-1
It's a minor issue. One just has to manually unselect it or get it as a surprise on the burnt disc.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 01:22   #19263  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
@jdobbs
Thank you for the new release.
I notice that BD-RB 0.46.13 still wants to add the sky background Clip as an Extra to the Quick-Menu. It happens after importing, when launching the Quick-Play Menu Editor and Save:
Code:
[Titles]
Title=SCRATCH
Threshold=27000000
00001=BC1
00002=BC2
00003=03. Disc Extra: [00:00:01.042]
[Position]
00001=1
00002=2
00003=3
[Selected]
00001=-1
00002=-1
00003=-1
It's a minor issue. One just has to manually unselect it or get it as a surprise on the burnt disc.
I guess I don't understand. Why would you do a Quick Menu backup of an imported disc? The menu has already been created during the import. The intention was to do a full backup after importing. You'd also have to set the Quick Menu threshold really low...

But I'll look at it and make changes as necessary.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th February 2014 at 01:24.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 02:17   #19264  |  Link
HWK

Jdobbs, do we need option write to iso file with imgBurn anymore. Since tsmuxer can do that just fine.

Also I was thinking frimdecode can decode MPEG2, H.264 AVC, H.264 MVC (3D) and VC1 as well, by adding that option for frame-serving it would provide another option.

Last edited by HWK; 17th February 2014 at 02:27.
HWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 05:55   #19265  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Jdobbs, do we need option write to iso file with imgBurn anymore. Since tsmuxer can do that just fine.

Also I was thinking frimdecode can decode MPEG2, H.264 AVC, H.264 MVC (3D) and VC1 as well, by adding that option for frame-serving it would provide another option.
TSMUXER can only do it for a movie-only encode. IMGBURN can do a complex disc such as full backups.

The downside to FRIMDecode (and FRIMSource) is speed compared to other methods. Right now I'm thinking X264's LAVF might be a better option for decoding. Both, though, have quite a few downsides -- especially in the areas of resizing, deinterlacing, iVTC, hybrid sources etc... AVISYNTH gives a lot of power that is difficult to do without. If you set FRIMDecode as an option -- you have to disable a lot of capability in order to use it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th February 2014 at 06:01.
Old 17th February 2014, 11:50   #19266  |  Link
HWK

Quote:
TSMUXER can only do it for a movie-only encode. IMGBURN can do a complex disc such as full backups.

The downside to FRIMDecode (and FRIMSource) is speed compared to other methods. Right now I'm thinking X264's LAVF might be a better option for decoding. Both, though, have quite a few downsides -- especially in the areas of resizing, deinterlacing, iVTC, hybrid sources etc... AVISYNTH gives a lot of power that is difficult to do without. If you set FRIMDecode as an option -- you have to disable a lot of capability in order to use it.
Oh, I see you point of view. Yeah without avisynth help lot of things are limited. Silly me I didn't take that into account.
Old 17th February 2014, 14:40   #19267  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
Oh, I see you point of view. Yeah without avisynth help lot of things are limited. Silly me I didn't take that into account.
It really would be simpler, though, to have a package that doesn't rely on proper installation of AVISYNTH, FFDSHOW, and HAALI.
Old 17th February 2014, 16:02   #19268  |  Link
DVD Maniac

"Blank this Item" - Blanked!

Hi jdobbs
When in Full Backup mode I just can't seem to get the title blanking feature to work. Read the various posts on this and added the ENABLE_TEST=1 line to the .INI file but still no joy. Happens with all BD sources, right click any title and the Preview works fine but the "Blank this item" option is always greyed out and not selectable.

Options Settings as follows -

[Options]
ENABLE_TEST=1
RESIZE=0
MODE=0
TARGET_SIZE=8032
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;spa;
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=0
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=0
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=3500
ENCODE_QUALITY=2
AUTO_QUALITY=0
ONEPASS_ENCODING=0
OPEN_GOP=1
DEINTERLACE=0
AC3_192=0
FULL_AVCHD=0
REMOVE_OUTPUT=0
USE_FILTERS=0
MOVIE_ONLY_LOOP=1
BDMV_CERT_ONLY=0
USE_LAVF=1
IVTC_PULLDOWN=0
VERSION=0.46.0.13
SD_TO_1080=0
CONVERT_WIDE=0
ASSUME_DVD_PAL=0
AUTO_BLANK=0
UNMASK_CHAPTER=0
COMPLETION_BEEP=0
DGDECNV=0
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=1
RESIZE_1440=0
OUTPUT_3D=0
RESIZE_720=0
NEROAAC=0
MOVIEONLY_TYPE=11
ALTCRF=18
ALT_TARGET=18000
ALTMETHOD=0
ALTAUTOCROP=0
IGNORE_3D=0
OUTPUT_SBS=1
SUPTITLE=0
DVD Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 16:11   #19269  |  Link
gonca

Try adding ENABLE_BLANKING=1 as well.
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 17:30   #19270  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Source: BD with 4 Episodes + Extras

Case 1: (working correctly)
Import/Quick Play Settings: Thresholds = 10
=> The 4 episodes are shown in the Menu Editor
=> The Extras are skipped, as expected
Backup and Quick-Menu are all ok.

Case 2: (Problem)
Import/Quick Play Settings: Thresholds = 6
=> The 4 Episodes + Extras are listed in the Quick-Play Menu Title Editor, as expected. The Preview of the Episodes and Extras is also correct.
Now I deselect the Extras in the Editor and Save
=> Importing starts, but only the deselected Extras are imported, and the selected Episodes are skipped.

So something gets messed up.

Case 3: (working correctly)
Same as case 2, but instead of deselecting all the Extras I select the Episodes and keep at least one of the Extras
=> Import and Menu creation are correct

So the problem seems to exist only when I unselect all the Extras.
The cases are reproducible.

Edit:
I seem to have been too optimistic with Case 3.

In General:
- The Quick-Menu proposal when importing a BD, let's call it 'Version A'
- My Quick-Menu edit (text edit and titles selection) is 'Version B'
- What gets then imported into the IMPORT Folder is 'Version C'
- What I finally get -- as a surprise -- on the burned disc is 'Version D'

So the only method which seems to work reliably is Case 1 above, i.e. selecting the import threshold high enough such that only the episodes are selected, and forget any Extras.

The issue is probably related to the weird menu & playlist structure of this disc, I believe.

Edit2:
Hmm.... could the screwing up be caused by the truncation (max. number of characters) of the Quick-Menu text strings ...?
Well, I finally found out what was causing this and fixed it for the next release. Too bad I didn't catch it yesterday and it could have been fixed in v0.46.13. The interesting thing is that this bug has been there for a long time -- and it just wasn't noticed by anyone. It only affects BD imports. I guess that tells me how many people actually import BDs and edit the import list.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th February 2014 at 17:32.
Old 17th February 2014, 18:35   #19271  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
Try adding ENABLE_BLANKING=1 as well.
Thanks! Working fine now and trying a first experiment. I notice that you cannot select Alternative File output with blanking which is a shame as I much prefer the single file MKV result (better quality vs file size IMHO and easier to work with). Ideally I would like a multi title + custom blanking + menu in MKV format - I assume that is not available!
Old 17th February 2014, 19:34   #19272  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
I guess I don't understand. Why would you do a Quick Menu backup of an imported disc? The menu has already been created during the import. The intention was to do a full backup after importing. You'd also have to set the Quick Menu threshold really low...

But I'll look at it and make changes as necessary.
Sorry for not being clear.
My scenario is to import a couple of files (videocam, TV recordings) and to create a Quick-Menu. All goes well until -- before pressing the 'Backup' button -- I decide to edit the quick menu via Mode/Quick-Play Backup/Edit Quick-Play Menu. The menu editor opens and the menu background file (the default night sky video) is appended to the menu items as an "Extra" (the thresholds are set to 10, so I would not expect the sky video to be included as an Extra in the Quick-Menu)
Not a critical issue but I thought it's probably not intentional, and it might be the root cause for the weird menu creation reported earlier.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 21:21   #19273  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD Maniac View Post
Thanks! Working fine now and trying a first experiment. I notice that you cannot select Alternative File output with blanking which is a shame as I much prefer the single file MKV result (better quality vs file size IMHO and easier to work with). Ideally I would like a multi title + custom blanking + menu in MKV format - I assume that is not available!
As far as I know you are correct
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2014, 23:42   #19274  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
It wouldn't work anyway. Blanking doesn't allow you to remove only a portion of a playlist.
Old 18th February 2014, 14:12   #19275  |  Link
DVD Maniac

Quote:
It wouldn't work anyway. Blanking doesn't allow you to remove only a portion of a playlist.
Doesn't the blanking feature work at individual m2ts file level rather than playlists?

Also I noticed that the list of video titles displayed in the stream tab is restricted. The cut off point seems to be file sizes less than 10kb? In the test I ran the annoying copyright / fbi stuff is less than this cutoff so I did not get the option to blank them.

Tried the following in the INI file - "MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0" which does not make a difference..... I guess there is something obvious i'm missing
Old 18th February 2014, 15:08   #19276  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Doesn't the blanking feature work at individual m2ts file level rather than playlists?

Also I noticed that the list of video titles displayed in the stream tab is restricted. The cut off point seems to be file sizes less than 10kb? In the test I ran the annoying copyright / fbi stuff is less than this cutoff so I did not get the option to blank them.

Tried the following in the INI file - "MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0" which does not make a difference..... I guess there is something obvious i'm missing
It can't. You'd be removing a piece of what should be a complete unit. Also, a single M2TS may be a component of many playlists (over 100 on some discs).

Look for MIN_M2TS_SIZE in HIDDENOPTS.TXT. MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS only applies to the selection of other movie-only playlists (in the popup dialog).

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th February 2014 at 15:13.
Old 19th February 2014, 01:19   #19277  |  Link
Stigmatta

Burning a dvd-r

Hey, so i made a backup of game of thrones using Full Backup BD-5/DVD-5 option. I burned the files using Imgburn. When i try to play the dvd-r in my bluray player or in PowerDVD, its giving me an error saying it cant read the disc...This is my first time backing up a TV series type bluray with BDR. Is there a specific way to backup these type of blurays? Am i missing some special settings in the ripping or burning? Should tv series type blurays not use full backup option? Any tips? Ive never had an issue with NON-Series type blurays.

Other settings im using
*Use 448 kbs
*Strict avchd for bd5/9 movie-only

thx for any help/tips
Stigmatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 01:24   #19278  |  Link
DoctorM

Downloaded 46.13 tonight. All discs:

- Error in attempt to extract audio/subs.
- Network Optix tsMuxeR. Version 2.6.12. www.networkoptix.com
[19:21:29] - Failed to retrieve audio, aborted

Zuh?
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 02:32   #19279  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

@Doctorm: where's the rest of the bdrb log. Jdobbs can't do a damn thing with 3 lines of text

@stigmata: it could simpy be that your player does not support BD5/9. Although burned to a DVD blank, the disc structure is still blu-ray
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 02:46   #19280  |  Link
Stigmatta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
@stigmata: it could simpy be that your player does not support BD5/9. Although burned to a DVD blank, the disc structure is still blu-ray
Nah cuz as i stated before ive never had any problems with backing up and playing everyday Movie Only bd5/9 rips. But these discs are a tv series and something seems to be not going right...
Stigmatta is offline   Reply With Quote