Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 22nd July 2013, 08:40   #101  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Question to developers:
1 - can you merge this 2 menu items section :
[IMG]
Then it would be convenient to switch the built-in and external subtitles in the menu
Could you give a "mock-up" example of how you would like them merged/grouped, as I'm still a bit unclear with that image?

I'll need to look back, since Zoom Player had special requirements for grouping of these menus and api which we implemented in xy-VSFilter (VSFilter.dll) last year.

Quote:
2 - Where can be find source(full or just for interfaces)? It's need for better integration with MPC-BE.
The current revision of the subtitle interface can always be found at SubRenderIntf.h. Currently a revision is under discussion for changing how auto-loading behavior is handled. If you have an opinion one way or another about loading behavior, or would like other changes to the subtitle interface, please express your desires here.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 22nd July 2013 at 08:45.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:41   #102  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

@cyberbeing, there currently doesn't seem to be an easy way to get debug symbols for XySubFilter? At least there's no link in the first post. I've just received a madVR crash report which was really a crash in XySubFilter.dll. Due to missing debug symbols the crash report is of no use because there's no XySubFilter callstack...
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:03   #103  |  Link
Toku

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
@cyberbeing, there currently doesn't seem to be an easy way to get debug symbols for XySubFilter? At least there's no link in the first post. I've just received a madVR crash report which was really a crash in XySubFilter.dll. Due to missing debug symbols the crash report is of no use because there's no XySubFilter callstack...
I think this might have been mine. Was the contact name given Alex? After sending the report I uploaded the problem file to my server and posted it here, but got a message saying my post had to be moderated (Probably because it was a direct link)

Ah yes, that was me. Just received your email. I'll reply with the link of the file.
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:10   #104  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

I've added a link to the first post with the PDB debug symbols for XySubFilter Beta.

Debug Symbols for XySubFilter 3.1.0.546
Old 22nd July 2013, 09:57   #105  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Could you give a "mock-up" example of how you would like them merged/grouped, as I'm still a bit unclear with that image?

I'll need to look back, since Zoom Player had special requirements for grouping of these menus and api which we implemented in xy-VSFilter (VSFilter.dll) last year.

The current revision of the subtitle interface can always be found at SubRenderIntf.h. Currently a revision is under discussion for changing how auto-loading behavior is handled. If you have an opinion one way or another about loading behavior, or would like other changes to the subtitle interface, please express your desires here.
Can you made that XySubFilter show all internal + external subtitles list and a can select it from API.
Now a can select subtitle stream, example of code:
Code:
			if (SUCCEEDED(pDVS->get_LanguageCount(&nLangs)) && nLangs) {
				bool fHideSubtitles = false;
				pDVS->get_HideSubtitles(&fHideSubtitles);

if (!fHideSubtitles) {
					int iSelected = 0;
					pDVS->get_SelectedLanguage(&iSelected);
					iSelected = (iSelected+(nID==0?1:nLangs-1))%nLangs;
					pDVS->put_SelectedLanguage(iSelected);

WCHAR* pName = NULL;
					pDVS->get_LanguageName(iSelected, &pName);
				}
			}
But subtitle's stream from LAV/MPC MPEGSplitter not in this list and only show from tray menu of filter.
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:31   #106  |  Link
nautilus7

Hi cyberbeing, can I use xysubfilter in avisynth scripts like I did with xy-vsfilter? Thanks.
nautilus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:55   #107  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Can you made that XySubFilter show all internal + external subtitles list and a can select it from API.
Now a can select subtitle stream, example of code:
I passed this along to our developer. The following was his interpretation of your problem:

Quote:
Source filters like LAVFilter expose only one subtitle output pin and that is treated as one language in VSFilter/XySubFilter. He can NOT select embedded subtitles using the IDirectVobSub interface. However the XySubFilter's systray does allow one to do that. The embedded subtitles list in systray popup menu comes from source filter in such cases.
If the above is a correct interpretation, his response was:
Quote:
He wants to enumerate all languages using IDirectVobSub interface? Hmmm... maybe it is possible. But I feel that using the IAMStreamSelect interface would be better. IAMStreamSelect of XySubFilter currently can NOT list all embedded subtitles either. It can be changed.
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:03   #108  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

cyberbeing
It's easy support select stream use IAMStreamSelect(as you do throw tray menu) inside IDirectVobSub interface. Is currently being used is a similar in MPC-BE and we see audio & subtitle in ONE(Single) menu. But to complicate it further and to support XySubFilter i think wrong way, better do it's on you side
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:07   #109  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
Hi cyberbeing, can I use xysubfilter in avisynth scripts like I did with xy-vsfilter? Thanks.
Unfortunately, no.

But speaking of this, we are looking for a developer who would be willing to assist in updating our Avisynth plugin to support the new colorspaces in version 2.6, as well as write us a VapourSynth plugin. This is not our area of expertise, so we feel it would be more efficient to outsource it to a developer who is already familiar with writing such plugins.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 22nd July 2013 at 13:21.
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:22   #110  |  Link
clsid

@cyberbeing
The tray icon enumerates IAMStreamSelect from other filters in the graph. That can make it a bit messy, for example if ffdshow video decoder is used (which copies list from other filters). It would probably be best to disable this behavior and only show a list for the subs handled by xy*filter itself.
Relevant code can be found in systray.cpp, CSystrayWindow::OnNotifyIcon
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:41   #111  |  Link
Telion

Aleksoid1978
cyberbeing

It would be very nice to be able to switch subtitles through MPC-BE hotkeys/button menu at last. I hope you come to a decision allowing this, and also backport it to xy-VSFilter if possible.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:27   #112  |  Link
karamancho
black stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
Aleksoid1978
cyberbeing

It would be very nice to be able to switch subtitles through MPC-BE hotkeys/button menu at last. I hope you come to a decision allowing this, and also backport it to xy-VSFilter if possible.
you can do this in MPC-HC with the 's' key, it shouldn't be much different in MPC-BE.
it works with internal subs, but does nothing with the external ones (well maybe it does but I never have more than one sub loaded so I wouldn't know)

it would be great if you could add an 'subs off' state with external subs in xy-VSFilter. that way we could enable/disable external subs with the keyboard (without leaving the fullscreen)
karamancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:38   #113  |  Link
Asteague

Quote:
Did you remember to disable the MPC-HC ISR by unchecking "Auto-load subtitles" under "Playback" in MPC-HC settings?

Are you positive the external subtitle files have an identical file name to your video? Please double-check by renaming one to the other with copy/paste (not including file extension).
Yes, I'm positive on both accounts.
The ISR is disabled, has been for ages since I started using xy-subFilter.
The file name is correct, it worked perfectly before with xy-vsfilter or when enabling ISR. Only xySubFilter has problems with it, for whatever reason, and sporadically it does work, although I haven't managed to reproduced it reliably.
What I forgot to mention: xySubFilter doesn't even seem to load, at least it doesn't show up in the Filters list in the context menu. Also doesn't change if I explicitly set xySubFilter as a preferred external filter.

Last edited by Asteague; 22nd July 2013 at 16:28.
Asteague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:42   #114  |  Link
Telion

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamancho View Post
you can do this in MPC-HC with the 's' key, it shouldn't be much different in MPC-BE.
Unfortunately it is, MPC-BE authors removed this function for external splitters.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 15:48   #115  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

I'm just wondering coz I didn't found anything on this yet, does the xy-VSFilter/xySubFilter still have an Avisynth interface ? If so, how to manage it ?

Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 16:29   #116  |  Link
Navitron

Just wanted to say what a great job you guys have done and are still doing! Keep up the great work.
Navitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 16:47   #117  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise View Post
I'm just wondering coz I didn't found anything on this yet, does the xy-VSFilter/xySubFilter still have an Avisynth interface ? If so, how to manage it ?

The answer (if I didn't misunderstand something).

GL
GrofLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:23   #118  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
Unfortunately it is, MPC-BE authors removed this function for external splitters.
Where did you get that info ?
The MPC-BE is perfectly switches the audio and subtitle tracks with hot keys, besides all the audio and subtitle organized in a common menu.
Old 22nd July 2013, 23:45   #119  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Yes, those are SRT subtitles. I don't see the problem though, our style override dialog functions just fine on that sample.

Override Style
1) Open your sample in MPC-HC

2) Pause video

3) Right-click MPC-HC window -> Filters -> XySubFilter -> Properties

4) Click "Styles"

5) Click the "Default" tab

6) Edit to bogus value like "Border Width = 10"

7) Click "Ok" to style Dialog

8) Click "Apply" to main setting dialog [note: the need to press Apply here first seems to be a bug]

9) Click "Okay to main setting dialog

10) Style with "Border Width = 10" is applied to subtitles.

OR

Force Default Style
1) Open your sample in MPC-HC

2) Pause video

3) Right-click MPC-HC window -> Filters -> XySubFilter -> Properties

4) Click "Styles"

5) Click the "Global Default" tab

6) Edit to bogus value like "Border Width = 10"

7) Click "Ok" to style Dialog

8) Check "Force Default" in main setting dialog

9) Click "Okay to main setting dialog

10) Style with "Border Width = 10" is applied to subtitles.

11) Exit MPC-HC

12) Re-open your video

13) "Border Width = 10" is still applied to subtitles
That worked fine and it's finally working correctly for those subs. There may not be a logical reason to it and couldn't reproduce it on a vm, but font size and style had no effect (Arial bold 72 looked identical to Arial narrow 8) until the font changed then everything started working. The few other subs tested style/size worked. This is the first time xysubfilter was installed, vsfilter was never installed on a windows 7 x64 as a non-admin user, the problematic subs were the first subs tested. Probably a fluke?

Quote:
We currently have no intentions of adding a bitmap resizing function within XySubFilter. The actual resizing code should exist in madVR, even if we ourselves trigger use of such code.
Oh well, could really make subfilter stick out. A DVD/BD with small subs currently requires ripping, extracting the subs, resizing the subs with bdsup2sub, muxing them back together, playing the muxed file. Could take well over an hour for a BD as opposed to a few seconds adjusting zoom of the sub renderer.

Quote:
madVR has much to do with the subtitle interface used by XySubFilter. Unless madVR adds such code to madVR, and offers a way for us to trigger such functionality, there is nothing we can do. You need to make a case to madshi for why he should support such a feature in madVR and the subtitle interface.
It doesn't bother me and there's no need for a third party to get involved but it's comparable to subfilter having options to control madvr's refresh rate changer.

Is there any way to get subfilter to use the same size font independent of the aspect ratio. 1.33:1 subs are much larger than 2.35:1 at the same 'font size'. Examples at http://www.sendspace.com/file/hsaiei
Old 23rd July 2013, 01:30   #120  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
This is the first time xysubfilter was installed, vsfilter was never installed on a windows 7 x64 as a non-admin user, the problematic subs were the first subs tested. Probably a fluke?
Can you reproduce this if you delete the entire XySubFilter registry key? We don't write settings to the registry until the setting dialog is closed for the first time, so maybe that could be related.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gabest\xysubfilter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
Is there any way to get subfilter to use the same size font independent of the aspect ratio.
Not currently, since our scale function in XySubFilter is based around VSFilter behavior, which adjusts font size based on frame height + layout resolution. This only works in MPC-HC ISR since they always render based on a fixed frame size (and hence fixed relative font size), while XySubFilter renders directly to target size. Maybe we could look into such an option for SRT and other plaintext subtitles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteague View Post
Yes, I'm positive on both accounts.
The ISR is disabled, has been for ages since I started using xy-subFilter.
The file name is correct, it worked perfectly before with xy-vsfilter or when enabling ISR. Only xySubFilter has problems with it, for whatever reason, and sporadically it does work, although I haven't managed to reproduced it reliably.
What I forgot to mention: xySubFilter doesn't even seem to load, at least it doesn't show up in the Filters list in the context menu. Also doesn't change if I explicitly set xySubFilter as a preferred external filter.
No idea. madVR is in currently in charge of loading XySubFilter into the graph for external subtitles, so if XySubFilter doesn't even show up in Filters, it could be a madVR bug. I'd suggest creating a new bug on madshi's bug tracker about this, and attach a madVR debug log. Depending on what madshi has to say, we'll see where to go from there.

What happens if you uninstall XySubFilter, xy-VSFilter, LAV Filters, and Haali Splitter, madVR and then:
  1. Install CCCP Beta RC3-2013-07-22
  2. From CCCP Settings run "Reset User Settings" & "Repair CCCP"
  3. Install XySubFilter
  4. Install madVR
  5. Run the MPC-HC build provided with CCCP
  6. Select madVR as video renderer
  7. Attempt to reproduce the issue

Does that resolve the problem?

Also be aware of this issue. We have a workaround in place for MPC-HC based media players, which currently requires the app name contain "mpc-hc". Does this issue occur with other media players like Zoom Player with "Smart Play" disabled? If not, maybe our workaround has an intermittent issue on Win8, in which case I *really* hope MPC-based players can add an exception, so our workaround could be removed from future releases.

Last edited by cyberbeing; 23rd July 2013 at 01:49.