Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 3rd September 2009, 08:53   #4941  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by leChameleon View Post
It was my understanding that a Blu-ray disc requires the CERTIFICATE folder and contents as well, no?
BD-Rebuilder doesn't create a CERTIFICATE, BDMV\AUXDATA, BDMV\META, BDMV\JAR, or BDMV\BDJO folders when you enable (check the block) for "Strict compliance with AVCHD for Movie Only Copies"

You created an AVCHD disc, not a Blu-Ray disc. If you want the \CERTIFICATE folder, either uncheck the block, or enable ImgBurn to create it.

Its been discussed a dozen times in this thread...
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 08:56   #4942  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Guy View Post
If you mean the log drmih, there's nothing out of the ordinary there.

The disc has 2 "parts" which means there's two separate, m2ts files, probably 17GB each. I can "grab" either of those 2 files with tsMuxeR & build it into a BD-25. If I burn & play that, it's SMOOTH as BUTTER, so it's not the de/remux.

I'm thinking "BBC stuff" was originally shot "PAL" & it was then converted to NTSC (25 to 29.97fps??). Now you mess with it with x264, & it makes your SAP go HAYWIRE!

I'm gonna ask Oppo what would make the vid stutter so bad.
Not in the Log. If you select your source and then chose the 'Stream' tab, it shows all of the parts it is going to encode. If there are asterisks against any of the video streams then it will be using mkvmerge.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 09:23   #4943  |  Link
leChameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post
BD-Rebuilder doesn't create a CERTIFICATE, BDMV\AUXDATA, BDMV\META, BDMV\JAR, or BDMV\BDJO folders when you enable (check the block) for "Strict compliance with AVCHD for Movie Only Copies"

You created an AVCHD disc, not a Blu-Ray disc. If you want the \CERTIFICATE folder, either uncheck the block, or enable ImgBurn to create it.

Its been discussed a dozen times in this thread...
Hi GaPony, Thank you for your comment. I guess what was not clear to me was it the output was set to BD25 then BD-RB would result in blu-ray however if BD-9 was selected then AVCHD would be the result. i.e. One could enable "Strict..." in the Settings and depending on the output size then it would take affect or not.

Perhaps at some point it may be advantagous to document this more clearly and post/print it in the setup/help files.
leChameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 11:51   #4944  |  Link
worknstiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
I just checked Fighting and it also has four playlists, with two playlists, one extended and one theatrical, that has only two chapters....while the other two, one extended and one theatrical, that has the full array of chapters.
This seems to be a new tactic or method they are using. All so far have been VC-1.

Hopefully this is welcome info for JD. It appears that BD-RB, 'and' TSMuxer was indeed doing their jobs, just the extra bogus playlists seem to be what's causing the chapter navigation issues.
GREAT CATCH, MikeyBK & Capsbackup, Finally I know what is going on with these titles that caused a big reject stack on my desk. WOW! I hate to waste even one and lately I have wasted a lotof them. I will preview from now on. Adding 15 minutes of prep time on the front end is better than wasting 10 hours on the back. Thanks Again! Congrats to Both of You & Jdobbs too.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:44   #4945  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Regarding the hidden "trigger" code for HDDVD compliance that you added in 0.28.04 (instead of directly entering the two lines of code), you said only the following:

It might be worthwhile to reiterate that this will only function properly if two-pass modes are selected (Selecting ANY one-pass mode [including "One pass CRF encoding"] will negate this function).
Hmmm... I'll go back and look at it and correct it to work with single pass modes (if possible).
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:46   #4946  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Hi GaPony, Thank you for your comment. I guess what was not clear to me was it the output was set to BD25 then BD-RB would result in blu-ray however if BD-9 was selected then AVCHD would be the result. i.e. One could enable "Strict..." in the Settings and depending on the output size then it would take affect or not.

Perhaps at some point it may be advantagous to document this more clearly and post/print it in the setup/help files.
Documentation? You got documentation? Real men never read that stuff.

The best thing you can do is search this thread for whatever it is you're looking for. You may have to use a few different keywords, and several searches, but eventually you'll find what you need.

Given the early development of the program, I'm sure jdobbs would rather concentrate on stability and functionality, than on writing documentation and specs, at the moment. Which makes alot of sense, since there's always a huge possibility that fundemental changes will occur.
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:51   #4947  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBK View Post
I just checked Fighting and it also has four playlists, with two playlists, one extended and one theatrical, that has only two chapters....while the other two, one extended and one theatrical, that has the full array of chapters.
This seems to be a new tactic or method they are using. All so far have been VC-1.

Hopefully this is welcome info for JD. It appears that BD-RB, 'and' TSMuxer was indeed doing their jobs, just the extra bogus playlists seem to be what's causing the chapter navigation issues.
I'll pick up a copy of "Fighting" and do some investigating. Maybe I can programmatically pick this out and save the manual labor...

By the way, this is very definitely not related to the issue I found in WATCHMEN. It only has two choices, the movie and the commentary.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd September 2009 at 19:44.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:11   #4948  |  Link
leChameleon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post
Documentation? You got documentation? Real men never read that stuff.

The best thing you can do is search this thread for whatever it is you're looking for. You may have to use a few different keywords, and several searches, but eventually you'll find what you need.

Given the early development of the program, I'm sure jdobbs would rather concentrate on stability and functionality, than on writing documentation and specs, at the moment. Which makes alot of sense, since there's always a huge possibility that fundemental changes will occur.
Based on the result it would appear that the BD25 iso I made and played in a Sony BDP-350 shows that it is not AVCHD format it is BD format. When I ran the same test and burned a DVD9 dvd that shows the AVCHD format.

So either there is a bug that if [x] Strict... is set and either output size should be AVCHD format as you say then its not being encoded that way. Otherwise if you're incorrect and only when the DVD9 size is selected then it will encode AVCHD, and when BD25 is selected it will disregard the setting and output blu-ray format.
leChameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 17:30   #4949  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Based on the result it would appear that the BD25 iso I made and played in a Sony BDP-350 shows that it is not AVCHD format it is BD format. When I ran the same test and burned a DVD9 dvd that shows the AVCHD format.

So either there is a bug that if [x] Strict... is set and either output size should be AVCHD format as you say then its not being encoded that way. Otherwise if you're incorrect and only when the DVD9 size is selected then it will encode AVCHD, and when BD25 is selected it will disregard the setting and output blu-ray format.
Please take this kind of irrelevent stuff to another thread, ok? It's not a bug, and that has been explained to you.

Your player says that because of the disc type (BD-25) -- Sony players are notorious for being wrong. Hell, my player can't even make up its mind between two discs of the same type. BTW -- this has also been discussed further back in this thread.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd September 2009 at 17:36.
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:15   #4950  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Regarding HD-DVD compatibility:
Quote:
Hmmm... I'll go back and look at it and correct it to work with single pass modes (if possible).
Although that would be wonderful, in my personal opinion, don't take time away from your efforts regarding "real" bugs. Considering what I presume will be the limited usage of this particular capability, I'd suggest that rather than spending your time trying to enhance it, you simply have your program generate an "informational popup notice" if someone attempts to select both a one pass mode and the HDDVD compatibility "trigger"...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:16   #4951  |  Link
drmih

@jdobbs

Did you get chance to look at those Gladiator files as I wonder if it's the same problematic playlists as on 'Fighting'?
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2009, 18:37   #4952  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
@jdobbs

Did you get chance to look at those Gladiator files as I wonder if it's the same problematic playlists as on 'Fighting'?
I was putting that one off until the commercial release (which was Tuesday) -- but have been real busy with the paying job the last few days and haven't had time to work it as yet.
Old 3rd September 2009, 21:37   #4953  |  Link
pbeumer2001

With the latest build I found that I have mayer undersize. Last disc I did was Children of Men. Output was 15 GB. Target was set at 24166 MB.
pbeumer2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 00:19   #4954  |  Link
bobodude

JDOBBS

Have been using your wonderful program for some time with little problems. Thank you very much. I have run into a movie that stops your program in its tracks. I tried shrinking The Last Starfighter and it failed. It didn't work on a early version 22 so I got your latest and it still didn't work. Here's the log

-----------------------
[15:25:02] BD Rebuilder v0.28.04 (beta)
- Source: LASTSTARFIGHTER
- Input BD size: 24.21 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:40:34.186]
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
[15:25:02] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [15:25:02] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [15:37:18] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [15:37:18] Collecting video information
- Video: 1920x1080, 23.976fps, 144,676 frames
- Bitrate: 25,000 Kbs
- [15:37:18] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
[15:37:21] - Failed video encode, aborted

I have it set to a BD-25 and most everything else is default. Any ideas?
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 00:29   #4955  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbeumer2001 View Post
With the latest build I found that I have mayer undersize. Last disc I did was Children of Men. Output was 15 GB. Target was set at 24166 MB.
If you want to get it corrected I need something to work with. Throw me a bone here. I have no idea what your settings were, I have no idea what mode you were in, I have no idea if it was two pass or one pass, no idea if it is a movie-only or full backup, no identification of the disc being worked... just that there was an undersize. For all I know the source was also 15GB and it was a perfect backup...

I like to think I'm pretty good at most of this backup stuff, but reading minds isn't something I do well.

Last edited by jdobbs; 4th September 2009 at 00:44.
Old 4th September 2009, 01:48   #4956  |  Link
Capsbackup

@ bobodude;
What OS are you using?
This movie appears to be VC-1. What are your ffdshow settings?
Do you have WMP11 installed?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 03:58   #4957  |  Link
jdobbs

To all those who reported issues with Gladator:

I bought this disc today and I cannot repeat the error reported (ScanDirectory() 00052). Somebody please tell me what you have to do to cause it -- because it sure seems to be ok to me... with the reports of bad quality (but to be honest I haven't even watched it yet) I'd hate to think I threw my money away...
Old 4th September 2009, 11:43   #4958  |  Link
sebishow

for GLADIAOR : The movie release on NG...is a bad rip...i have use TSMUXER with playlist mode for correct the error frame then i was able to bd rebuilder..with no problme...
sebishow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 11:56   #4959  |  Link
PurpleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post

I bought this disc today and I cannot repeat the error reported (ScanDirectory() 00052). Somebody please tell me what you have to do to cause it -- because it sure seems to be ok to me... with the reports of bad quality (but to be honest I haven't even watched it yet) I'd hate to think I threw my money away...
I was extremely excited when they announced that Gladiator release and I immediately pre-ordered it. Unfortunately, I was just too anxious to watch it so I, indeed, downloaded the complete disc ISO off usenet, thinking there's no harm in that since I bought it anyway (no flame wars please).

It played fine, but BD-RB gave that error we've discussed. The original disc arrived yesterday, so I was curious and compared the folders looking for something wrong with the downloaded ISO, and indeed I found that there was a file in the BACKUP\BDJO directory with an illegal character in its name. As soon as I've removed it, the error disappeared.

I did a complete backup of the ORIGINAL (self-ripped) disc today and it finished flawlessly. So I can conclude that there's nothing wrong with BD-RB (perhaps just needs better error messages?)

I didn't mention that it's a downloaded release because I know it's wrong and didn't want to violate forum rules. However, I was under the impression that even if the disc is bad and processed, BD-RB should still manage to read the directory so I thought it's a bug to report (was really only trying to help the software development).

I sincerely apologize, lesson learned.
PurpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 12:29   #4960  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post

What did you use to rip? AnyDVD HD? or DVD FAB HD? I'll rip mine again and see what happens.. Damn sorry if it was a bad rip :S
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote