Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 20th January 2013, 01:10   #16521  |  Link
ChldsPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
The BD-25 preset sets the target size to about 23,500 MB, so that might explain why you get the same result with a custom target of 23,500 MB. Why don't you try a custom setting of 22,500 MB and see if that gets it to fit?
Yeah, a lower custom setting worked. Did the settings change on a recent version? Everything used to come out at 21.8 GB using the BD-25 output.
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 03:38   #16522  |  Link
omegaman7

Oversized BD's is not uncommon. Or Dvds for that matter. Depends on various factors. Total Recall 2012 had a substantial run time counting extras. Plus the 117 individual video streams(substantially more than the usual). No doubt something to do with it
Old 20th January 2013, 04:08   #16523  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Did the settings change on a recent version? Everything used to come out at 21.8 GB using the BD-25 output.
As Omegaman said, the final size depends on a number of variables. The target is just that, a "target". We would hope that the encoded result ends up exactly the same as the target, but it will inevitably be a little larger or smaller. I don't believe that anything has changed recently regarding this sizing calculation.

Personally, I find that the BD-25 default ends up a little smaller than I'd like, so I generally use a custom size of 24,200 MB, and I end up with discs that are usually 98% full according to ImgBurn. TotalRecall2012 has proven to be an unusual title in a number of respects, so the fact that it ends up oversized is not at all surprising. I just bumped the target down a bit and ran it again.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 07:40   #16524  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
kk, fully understand. December was an expensive "gifts giving" month, and in jan the bills start flowing in again I'll await new when you have it
A small part of why I don't celibate "Christmas" and prefer Gift giving when I see/feel something to give; year 'round. Bye, bye stress and more. Meanwhile, some of the debuggers have great advice even when Jdobbs isn't able to help and I'm sure Jdobbs appreciates it, especially when used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWK View Post
I don't want to say this but the clown who upload on file sharing site don't know what they are doing regarding BD (rips) and the don't follow specs at all. If you are using these sources don't expect any help.
Sometimes parents aren't aware of what their kids, friends, family members, etc are doing..or aware of what's running in the background of the computers. Please try to be less judgmental.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
I haven't seen "HD" in any blu-ray disc title. OBVIOUSLY it would be HD. I doubt very seriously that they'd use that scheme Must be an import, eh?
THAT was Funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
It's become clear, that the quality setting will affect the overall output size. I started using the slowest setting, because I've been noticing that while using DGDecNV, the video quality isn't as good as it could be. I think I understand why. Would be difficult to explain though :S
Thanks. I'm not the only one. I see the quality differences usually, and often use(d) Very Slow from many early tests I could see the differences. I explained why many earlier posts before. However, I've noticed some differences between High Quality (Default) and Very Slow recently. I was wondering about myself, a little, heh... I don't have an nVidia board, yet, but am going to check into what's happening more soon (Maybe even buy an nVidia board). I've been focused in other areas.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 20th January 2013 at 07:55.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 17:27   #16525  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish

Hi jdobbs,

in BD-RB Setup I have chosen English (eng) and German (ger) as my two audio and subtitle options.
In the .INI File it is written:

Code:
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;ger;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=eng;ger;
But nevertheless which BD I am opening, BD-RB always only selects english for both audio and subtitle.
I had this with older versions of BD-RB and now with the newest one also.

I deleted my whole BD-RB installe folder and configured BD-RB from scratch, but the error stays the same.

Any suggestions?
FreaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 17:31   #16526  |  Link
berndy2001
DVD-RB User

Try "AUDIO_TO_KEEP=deu;eng;ger;"
Old 20th January 2013, 18:59   #16527  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by berndy2001 View Post
Try "AUDIO_TO_KEEP=deu;eng;ger;"
Exactly. I don't know why they have two ISO 3-letter distinctions for the German language -- but they do. I would have assumed "deu". French also has two (fre/fra), as does a few other languages.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th January 2013 at 19:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 19:12   #16528  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

so does the the dutch language. it has "nld & dut". But we over here in belgium speak that too, i'm surprised they havent used a "bel" code yet
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2013, 19:58   #16529  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish

Thanks berndy. Will try that.

Edit: That worked.

Edit 2: I just discovered some behaviour I do not really understand.

If I load a complete BR into BD-RB and want to blank titles it depends on the target size how many titles I got presented from BD-RB.

eg: BD has 10 titles. I choose BD5 or BD9 I get all titles presented. If I choose BD25 I only get 3 titles. Main Movie plus some commercial. But the I also want to blank some of the seven not presented titles. If I choose custom target size it depends on the value how many titles I got presented.
Why is BD-RB behaving so in the Full-Backup Mode?

Last edited by FreaQ; 20th January 2013 at 22:35.
Old 21st January 2013, 19:56   #16530  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish

Hi, maybe my edit wasn't seen.

I just discovered some behaviour I do not really understand.

If I load a complete BR into BD-RB and want to blank titles it depends on the target size how many titles I got presented from BD-RB.

eg: BD has 10 titles. I choose BD5 or BD9 I get all titles presented. If I choose BD25 I only get 3 titles. Main Movie plus some commercial. But the I also want to blank some of the seven not presented titles. If I choose custom target size it depends on the value how many titles I got presented.
Why is BD-RB behaving so in the Full-Backup Mode?
Old 22nd January 2013, 14:24   #16531  |  Link
sosotiit

Problem with converting DVD

Did many Blurays over the last few years with no problems,

I tried the recently added feature to have DVD as sources and I am always getting part of the film choppy.
Tried to BR output, to mkv output with auto setting, with CRF...

tried with two different movies...

is this a known behavior ? or I have a bug somewhere in the settings ?

tia
sosotiit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 05:38   #16532  |  Link
setarip_old

Regarding problematic Total Recall 2012

Posted at Blu-ray.com:
Quote:
Total Recall 2012 BD Disc Exchange Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay so a gentleman from Sony called me today and said he will be sending me an email on how to fix this issue.. it looks like they will be doing an exchange program..

heres the information everybody

Quote:
Dear Valued Consumer,

We apologize for any inconvenience regarding the sound quality with the release of Total Recall Bluray disk. We are currently in the process of re-producing Bluray disks that will not have these sound issues.

There is a work around available for your current disk. The best way to work around this issue is change your audio output settings on your Blu-ray player. You should be able to change your player's output from "Bitstream" to "PCM". Each player is going to be a little different, but this can typically be done in the player's menu or settings. If you have any questions on this process for your player, please contact the manufacturer of your player.

If adjusting you audio settings does not work, Sony will be offering an exchange for your current disk with the new re-mastered disk. To receive a replacement disk please reply with:

The UPC number from the case:

Your Name:

Address (No PO's):

Contact Phone Number:

You will then receive an email with instructions to return your disk to us.

The exchange process can take 3 to 5 weeks (or longer depending on the date the replacements are available).

Regards,

Consumer Affairs
consumer@sphecustomersupport.sony.com
.800-860-2878
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 15:55   #16533  |  Link
unrox

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@unrox

Hi!
Please clarify, you just installed the new version of what? (There hasn't been a new version of tsMuxeR in more than two years)

What original, commercial Blu-ray discs are you trying to process?
Thanks for the reply, I installed the new version of BD RD, then uninstalled and re-installed, no change.
unrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2013, 19:04   #16534  |  Link
setarip_old

@unrox

Once again, what original, commercial Blu-ray discs are you trying to process?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 11:41   #16535  |  Link
sandrino3867

Blu-Ray 3D

please make the program bdrebuilder to compress and Blu-ray 3D
sandrino3867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 16:24   #16536  |  Link
alfalaval

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrino3867 View Post
please make the program bdrebuilder to compress and Blu-ray 3D
yes yes please
alfalaval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2013, 19:01   #16537  |  Link
Sharc

^^^^
This thread is for bug reports only
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2013, 16:46   #16538  |  Link
laminar

Hi,

I have been using this nice tool for 1 week, and I faced various problems when my source is a MKV file (audio/video synchro, no subtitles, failed to create BD structure).
Around 30% of the files I tried are failing in some way.
Did this feature (MKV to BD) suppose to work fine ? If yes I could provide more details.
Note that all the original MKV files work fine with VLC.
Also I tried inspect tool and everything seems OK. I'm using version 0.42.08.
laminar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 15:15   #16539  |  Link
MuttLover

My first post here in years as I recently got ticked with my BDs failing and decided to back them all up. @laminar, you might want to try converting your mkv files to BD using tsmuxer gui, then letting bdrebuilder have a go at those.
MuttLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2013, 17:26   #16540  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

That is one option, BUT remember such conversions fall under "preprocessed" sources and do not qualify for bug report support.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote