Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 29th March 2016, 03:27   #2201  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
I thought it was the same error, but my memory failed . I just tested by taking out the full path and it gives error=0x7e , just curious what that one means ? It loads fine with avspmod - ie. it's specific to vdub and ffms2 C-Plugin. Adding full path works for that error
126 (0x7E) ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND
The specified module could not be found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
What would cause a 0x5 ? Possibly a permissions issue ?
Usually it's a permissions issue, yes. Dunno what else can cause it.

Last edited by TheFluff; 29th March 2016 at 03:30.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2016, 06:53   #2202  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

126 (0x7E) ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

It seems to use a lot of external dll's, check it out with Dependency Walker or Groucho2004 Avisynth Info tool (for missing requirements).

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2016, 12:40   #2203  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Usually it's a permissions issue, yes. Dunno what else can cause it.
I am on XP-32, file system on my system partition is FAT32. This should pretty much rule out a permissin issue.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2016, 18:42   #2204  |  Link
Tima

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
Still crashes for me on my samples above (tried VapourSynth only).
Tima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2016, 21:56   #2205  |  Link
asarian

Just out of curiosity, why can't FFVideoSource be frame-safe after all these years?! I'm using DGSource again (for my more demanding projects, that use QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise and such), so I'm okay; but just wondering why that can't happen with FFVideoSource (it's indexing, after all).
Old 1st April 2016, 19:02   #2206  |  Link
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by asarian View Post
Just out of curiosity, why can't FFVideoSource be frame-safe after all these years?! I'm using DGSource again (for my more demanding projects, that use QTGMC and MCTemporalDenoise and such), so I'm okay; but just wondering why that can't happen with FFVideoSource (it's indexing, after all).
Nobody really works on it these days. In fact, nobody's done that for years. There are a few corporate users who make sure that it keeps working with new versions of ffmpeg and they also occasionally fix the odd bug, but that's it. As far as I know, supporting interlaced H264 would require some special case code that nobody wants to bother writing. In transport streams there's also timestamp discontinuities to worry about. Someone might or might not be interested in doing something about that. It's not really hard if you know what you're doing, it's just that nobody wants to bother. It's the same with a bunch of Avs-MT issues like those non-reentrant resizers in Avs-MT that were broken for like a decade until someone solved it in the least sophisticated way possible recently, or that silly QTGMC slowdown thing that's been going on since forever because nobody who actually knows how to debug anything has bothered looking at it.

Last edited by TheFluff; 1st April 2016 at 20:22.
Old 2nd April 2016, 03:33   #2207  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Nobody really works on it these days. In fact, nobody's done that for years. There are a few corporate users who make sure that it keeps working with new versions of ffmpeg and they also occasionally fix the odd bug, but that's it. As far as I know, supporting interlaced H264 would require some special case code that nobody wants to bother writing. In transport streams there's also timestamp discontinuities to worry about. Someone might or might not be interested in doing something about that. It's not really hard if you know what you're doing, it's just that nobody wants to bother. It's the same with a bunch of Avs-MT issues like those non-reentrant resizers in Avs-MT that were broken for like a decade until someone solved it in the least sophisticated way possible recently, or that silly QTGMC slowdown thing that's been going on since forever because nobody who actually knows how to debug anything has bothered looking at it.
Thanks. That was a very comprehensive answer.
Old 2nd April 2016, 06:52   #2208  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Still unnecessary to full-quote it, for just one sentence as reply...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2016, 10:33   #2209  |  Link
Selur

Quote:
Still crashes for me on my samples above (tried VapourSynth only).
Same here with Avisynth (Win10) , FFMS2 C-plugin r1110+98 still crashes with UT Video and lagarith samples. (LWLibavVideoSource works)
Old 2nd April 2016, 17:30   #2210  |  Link
TheFluff

You should probably report problems on Github, not here, if you want to be sure someone sees them. I don't think anyone who actually fixes ffms bugs reads d9 with any regularity anymore.
Old 5th April 2016, 12:57   #2211  |  Link
Bzor

Build ffms2 dll?

It's happiness, 5 days passed!

Hi! I have problem to build FFms2 with shared DLL with Minwg64 in Msys2. This is my config
--prefix=xxx --enable-shared --disable-static CXXFLAGS='-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -Wl,-Bstatic -lpthread -lwinpthread'

error: undefined "___imp_pthread_once"

use flags to import static libgcc and libwinpthread. Its working for another source but not working for ffms2.

Its successful when i used config --enbale-static --disable-shared to build only ffmsindex.exe

Am i wrong or is that bugs? Please help!

Thank you!
Bzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2016, 18:07   #2212  |  Link
jackoneill
unsigned int

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bzor View Post
It's happiness, 5 days passed!

Hi! I have problem to build FFms2 with shared DLL with Minwg64 in Msys2. This is my config
--prefix=xxx --enable-shared --disable-static CXXFLAGS='-static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -Wl,-Bstatic -lpthread -lwinpthread'

error: undefined "___imp_pthread_once"

use flags to import static libgcc and libwinpthread. Its working for another source but not working for ffms2.

Its successful when i used config --enbale-static --disable-shared to build only ffmsindex.exe

Am i wrong or is that bugs? Please help!

Thank you!
I had to patch winpthread when I compiled it static only:
Code:
--- mingw-w64-libraries/winpthreads/include/pthread.h	2014-10-26 04:11:33.000000000 +0200
+++ mingw-w64-libraries/winpthreads/include/pthread.h	2014-12-10 14:17:45.542746397 +0200
@@ -82,7 +82,9 @@
 /* MSB 8-bit major version, 8-bit minor version, 16-bit patch level.  */
 #define __WINPTHREADS_VERSION 0x00050000

-#if defined DLL_EXPORT
+/* No __declspec crap needed when winpthreads is static.
+ * In fact, it produces linker errors (can't find __imp_blah). */
+#if defined DLL_EXPORTzzzzzzzzzzz
 #ifdef IN_WINPTHREAD
 #define WINPTHREAD_API __declspec(dllexport)
 #else
Old 17th April 2016, 23:28   #2213  |  Link
Reino

Quote:
WinXP SP3 on an ancient AMD Athlon XP 3200+ here.
Today I've updated r944+69 to r1110+98, but only to find out that it doesn't work anymore, because AvsPmod and FFPlay now report: Unable to load C Plugin: "ffms2.dll", error=0x5.
So far r944+69 is the latest build that works for me, because I can't test r1015+85 and newer as their downloadlinks don't work anymore.
Old 18th April 2016, 00:37   #2214  |  Link
TheFluff

SSE2 and Vista+ are a minimum requirement for a lot of things these days - it's been fifteen years since SSE2 was introduced, so if you want to do anything that requires even a moderate amount of computing power today, you're kind of expected to have it. I don't think anyone (except possibly qyot27) will go out of their way to release builds that work on CPU's without SSE2. If XP support starts requiring even a minuscule amount of developer effort, expect that to disappear as well.
Old 18th April 2016, 00:42   #2215  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Here, Win XP32SP3 C plug r1110+98 working OK here (at least that is the recorded version number that I believe I have, 14,731,264 bytes. Just checked,
is same as one I'm using).

I'm not using AvsPMod and Intel CPU here (Core Duo).

EDIT: OK, Fluffy seems to have pin pointed problem.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 18th April 2016 at 00:44.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 01:19   #2216  |  Link
qyot27
...?

In the interest of full disclosure, I do very little in the way of anything video related on my Coppermine anymore, and the builds are mainly still built for it out of habit and that i686 is a fairly normalized baseline target for 32-bit; and it lets me test stability since older machines run into problems much faster if something starts eating memory for breakfast and sparks a crash. But for the last seven months I've mostly used a Silvermont-based mini-PC for my video tasks (along with most everything else; the Coppermine setup is now mainly a jukebox, storage area, and disc burner). Prices on similar machines are very affordable (read: I bought mine for $170), so the cost argument of staying on really old hardware isn't nearly as powerful as it once was - and it's a lot more powerful than the PIII is, although that should be pretty obvious. I can downscale from 720p to 720x480 with Lanczos4 for encoding with HCenc for DVD authoring and get usually in the 18-23fps range, compared to ~2fps on the Coppermine.

The weird nature of this particular situation makes me think it's something that changed somewhere deep in the MinGW-w64 or GCC parts, which would be a nightmare to untangle (and at some point I'm sure this will happen in regard to XP support; in which case the only hope is that ReactOS reaches general viability* before then). The most optimistic scenario is that I misconfigured something when building those pieces and all I'd have to do is rebuild them to fix everything.

*the key word there being 'general'; it seems to already be more or less capable of running the AviSynth and VapourSynth ecosystems and at least the CLI tools (which shouldn't be a surprise, since Wine has been able to do most of that for years now). It's just the rest of system that presents a challenge for everyday use at the present time.

Last edited by qyot27; 18th April 2016 at 01:23.
qyot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 10:53   #2217  |  Link
Reino

It seems the lifespan of my secondary computer is really approaching its end, because not only with AviSynth (plugins), but with a lot more software it's getting harder and harder to keep up-to-date.
Thanks for the legacy support this far, qyot27.
Old 18th April 2016, 12:58   #2218  |  Link
lvqcl

Quote:
The weird nature of this particular situation makes me think it's something that changed somewhere deep in the MinGW-w64 or GCC parts, which would be a nightmare to untangle
Try to recompile it with -mstackrealign option. Maybe it'll help, who knows...
lvqcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 15:11   #2219  |  Link
FranceBB
Broadcast Encoder

Sounds kinda weird 'cause the C++ Redistributable 2015 (the last released) works under XP, so, basically, it should run on XP.
I'm gonna try it as soon as I get home.

EDIT: I confirm it works in XP SP4.

p.s it's not a spam, but check MSFN for Win XP mods.

Last edited by FranceBB; 18th April 2016 at 17:01.
FranceBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2016, 19:08   #2220  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Sounds kinda weird 'cause the C++ Redistributable 2015 (the last released) works under XP, so, basically, it should run on XP.
I'm gonna try it as soon as I get home.

EDIT: I confirm it works in XP SP4.

p.s it's not a spam, but check MSFN for Win XP mods.
MinGW/GCC uses the MSVCRT.DLL (C-Runtime) that is an integral part of Windows, not the one specific to Visual Studio which needs to be installed separately. So, the Visual C++ redistributable is not required for MinGW.

Also MinGW/G++ does not use Microsoft's MSVCP.DLL (Standard C++ Library), it uses the Libstdc++ by GNU.

Finally, latest Visual Studio can still produce binaries for Windows XP, but does not do so by default. Not sure about latest MinGW (Mingw-w64), but I wouldn't be surprised if they start using API's not preset in XP sooner or later.

And, of course, the compiler (runtime libs) is only one side. If the application code or any of the third-party libs uses API's not present in XP, then the whole thing won't work on XP - regardless what compiler you use.

(BTW: AVX unavoidably requires Windows 7 with SP-1 or later, no matter what. Older Windows versions did not save/restore the AVX registers on task switch)

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 18th April 2016 at 19:21.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote