Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 10th February 2010, 22:33   #6841  |  Link
kalle2k3

Just a short question: Is wpredp used during the encoding in BD25 mode and if yes is it set to 2 ?
Thanks for your kind help.
kalle2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 22:50   #6842  |  Link
jdobbs

X264 doesn't have a setting called "wpredp" of which I'm aware. I think that's probably a MEGUI thing? My guess is that you're talking about weightp? If so, BD-RB disables weightp because there are some players that don't seem to be able to handle it (even though they should).
Old 10th February 2010, 23:14   #6843  |  Link
kalle2k3

Thats exactly what i wanted to hear from you..thanks alot. And i guess you are staying with weightp disabled..right ?
Btw, great prog !
kalle2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 23:19   #6844  |  Link
Bystander

Reporting back that the Nordic Sound did process correctly with the DTS MA HD track instead of a DD re-encode with the latest BD-Rebuilder version. Thank you.
Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 23:35   #6845  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalle2k3 View Post
Thats exactly what i wanted to hear from you..thanks alot. And i guess you are staying with weightp disabled..right ?
Btw, great prog !
Yes, until something indicates that it isn't an issue anymore. But I don't see that happening any time soon.
Old 10th February 2010, 23:37   #6846  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
Reporting back that the Nordic Sound did process correctly with the DTS MA HD track instead of a DD re-encode with the latest BD-Rebuilder version. Thank you.
Every now and then I do something right. The sun even shines on a dog's butt sometimes.
Old 11th February 2010, 01:20   #6847  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The sun even shines on a dog's butt sometimes.
The knowledge I get from this thread, priceless!!
Your sense of humor is warmly welcomed and received.
And thanks for the new release, which I continue to have much appreciation for.

EDIT:
Maybe you could start a new trend for Groundhog Day, since Punxsutawney Phil has been deemed to being treated cruelly for his observance!

Last edited by Capsbackup; 11th February 2010 at 01:28.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 02:48   #6848  |  Link
Capsbackup

@jdobbs;
Just trying out the new release and I noticed that on my rips that have PiP and DTS Express audio for the secondary audio, the audio no longer has an "X" next to it. Did I miss something, or is there now the ability to include this type of secondary audio for full backups that have PiP?
It is not changeable, that is I cannot "X" it out like the other audio streams that are listed.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 05:52   #6849  |  Link
Duppie

@jdobbs

Thanks for the update. Just to report back. With this release, x264 encoding fails every time? The previous x264 version does work if replaced. I have attached the logs. Also, I think the x264 build is not good. The usual size of the executable is usually between 1 and 2 MB. Why is this x264 build over 6 MB in size?

Thanks again for a great app.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WORKING.zip (168.4 KB, 30 views)
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 06:28   #6850  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppie View Post
@jdobbs

Thanks for the update. Just to report back. With this release, x264 encoding fails every time? The previous x264 version does work if replaced. I have attached the logs. Also, I think the x264 build is not good. The usual size of the executable is usually between 1 and 2 MB. Why is this x264 build over 6 MB in size?

Thanks again for a great app.
The newer versions include the FFMPEG library in them -- that's why they're bigger. I've done numerous encodes with this release -- hmmm.. that's troubling that you're seeing issues. Maybe a processor difference?

Anyone else having encoding problems with the X264 in this release?

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th February 2010 at 06:31.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 06:28   #6851  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@jdobbs;
Just trying out the new release and I noticed that on my rips that have PiP and DTS Express audio for the secondary audio, the audio no longer has an "X" next to it. Did I miss something, or is there now the ability to include this type of secondary audio for full backups that have PiP?
It is not changeable, that is I cannot "X" it out like the other audio streams that are listed.
Hmmm... I hope I didn't screw that up. You shouldn't be able to select DTS Express. I'll look at it.
Old 11th February 2010, 07:00   #6852  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:
The newer versions include the FFMPEG library in them -- that's why they're bigger. I've done numerous encodes with this release -- hmmm.. that's troubling that you're seeing issues. Maybe a processor difference?

Anyone else having encoding problems with the X264 in this release?
I tested it on 2 different Windows XP SP3 PC's that worked previously. I will also test it this afternoon on my home PC on which I never had any problems with BD-RB.
Old 11th February 2010, 12:34   #6853  |  Link
tonimacarronis

Hi, thanks a lot for all your works (BDRebuild and DVDRebuild). I have some problems with english words, iŽll try.

Last beta: problems with x264, crash and must to close???

[03:38:09] BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)
- Source: UNDERWORLD_EVOLUTION
- Input BD size: 32,54 GB
- Approximate total content: [03:38:06.856]
- Target BD size: 22,66 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
- [04:04:14] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 24,000fps, 152.998 frames
- Bitrate: 20.900 Kbs
- [04:04:14] Reencoding: VID_00016, Pass 1 of 2
- [04:04:14] Reencoding: VID_00016, Pass 2 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying.
[09:43:53]PHASE ONE aborted by user request

p.s. i must to say with 31.06 beta version the encode succes after record with imgburn and see in ps3 the viewing is not so good the image have some cuts everytime, i wait for this new release to prove at new...
tonimacarronis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 13:45   #6854  |  Link
Race Guy

Quote:
Hmmm... I hope I didn't screw that up. You shouldn't be able to select DTS Express. I'll look at it.
Also on 31.07 audio setup, even though I have "English (only)" & "Limit To One Track" checked, I get ALL the English enabled on the streams tab when the project loads.

I had no prob with the new x264 on a movie only to 9.
Race Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 14:25   #6855  |  Link
Validator70

Hi.
In order to work with WinDVD 9 there has to be a "JAR" folder in the "backup" folder.
Sure, I can create it manually but I want to meantion this.
Validator70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 15:45   #6856  |  Link
Duppie

@jdobbs

Just to confirm. I have just tested the new x264 (BD-RB 31.07) on my home PC and it works fine. My Home PC has an AMD 7750 processor. The issue I have reported this morning was on 2 HP PC's with Intel Processors and x264 worked fine in BD-RB 31.06 on these HP's. Very Strange!!!
Old 11th February 2010, 17:06   #6857  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
I tried latest on X-Files 2 and it "aborted" on the DTS Express track, which I subsequently searched-on here and learned it's not something that can be fixed or worked-around.

I had instructed BD-RB to keep all English audio tracks.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 18:04   #6858  |  Link
jdobbs

I'll look at it today and get another version posted. Right now I'm trying to fix an issue with Trend Micro Internet Security. It's blocking Internet Explorer -- and I have to disable it to browse. It has to be caused by the code I added that fixed the AC-3 encoding glitch.

I know they're a necessity -- but I really, really hate anti-virus software. I'm not thoroughly convinced they aren't mroe of a pain-in-the-ass than viruses are. When they're not blocking legitimate software from running, they're simply slowing you down to a crawl. I switched to Trend a few months ago because McAfee was such a headache.

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th February 2010 at 18:08.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 18:52   #6859  |  Link
writersblock29

@Jdobbs

Have you tried Avast? It's free, and works great. I junked Norton years ago in favor of it, and haven't been antivirus-shopping since. The only pain in the butt about Avast is the need to renew your registration yearly (why that's needed in a free software is beyond me), but it doesn't slow down your system or get overly annoying about letting you know it updated itself.

http://www.avast.com/index if you're interested.
Old 11th February 2010, 18:56   #6860  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by writersblock29 View Post
@Jdobbs

Have you tried Avast? It's free, and works great. I junked Norton years ago in favor of it, and haven't been antivirus-shopping since. The only pain in the butt about Avast is the need to renew your registration yearly (why that's needed in a free software is beyond me), but it doesn't slow down your system or get overly annoying about letting you know it updated itself.

http://www.avast.com/index if you're interested.
Thanks. I'll check it out. I just uninstalled Trend and then reinstalled it, and now it allows my browser to run. Not sure what happened all at once (it was working yesterday), automatic update I guess, but it sure ticked me off.