Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 19th January 2009, 11:58   #41  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

- Ability to cut at end or to apply lower bitrate to end credits

info about encoding on final ISO/disc:
Not sure if this is within the spec, but if there is an area on the disc which will allow a text file to go un-noticed and not break spec, then it would be great to write an encode info text file with all the info about how this BD was encoded. For now the log file would probably be sufficient. But it would also be nice if the user could supply a movie title and their own comments that could be included in this file.

The below suggested features are more final touch features and make the software easier to use rather then truly necessary.

movie playlist and stream descriptions for each movie:
I am thinking that the biggest sticking point may be for non-techie people to be able to decide which options to pick for main movie, or extras to remove, etc. I am thinking that for each title their would be some way for expert users to create XML file that identifies all these and then Rebuilder is able to load these based on a unique discID. This way the user sees audio streams identified as AC3 German, Directors Commentary with..., Actors Commentary. And streams as Main Movie, Unrated Cut, Making of, etc. Then in the options there is an URL that could be supplied to download hosted master versions of these. Or to point a directory where these are stored.

ability to view/listen to streams to decide what to remove:
similar to Nero Recode today where one can choose any stream and view it or scroll thru it quickly with the arrow keys. And ability to choose audio stream and listen to it. This feature might make the above unneccessary.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2009, 20:52   #42  |  Link
mochevolete

if the option : "- Option to retain original HD Audio. DTS-HD, DTS Master, True-HD, LPCM, etc." would be really welcome,
I'd add the option : "Downconvert HD / Lossless Audio to DTS Full Rate", very often the LPCM audio is way too big

Nik

Last edited by mochevolete; 23rd January 2009 at 20:54.
mochevolete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2009, 23:34   #43  |  Link
anaboland

Options to keep original TRUE HD audio tracks and maybe an option to convert/down sample other selected 5.1 audio tracks to 2ch 192kbps, PLZ

Last edited by anaboland; 24th January 2009 at 15:18.
anaboland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 01:44   #44  |  Link
Sophocles

Ok I know that this is going to sound stupid to those of you who face greater than 10 hour reencodes, but if possible I would like to see a return to batch encoding. I figure that overnight and during the time that it takes me to get home from the real world I can easily do at least 3 to 4 BD movies depending on length.

Last edited by Sophocles; 24th January 2009 at 01:57.
Sophocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2009, 22:17   #45  |  Link
tyte_E_YT

How about a pause button so we don't have to lose any progress on the current encode?
tyte_E_YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 16:25   #46  |  Link
m1482

Even that I am very happy with this beta program, this additional features would make it even better and faster.

1-Ability to choose encoders (for example, mpeg2 for menus and additional features, and h264 for main movie).
2-Different resolution options for each title and/or menu.
3-Ability to delete some titles.

Thanks for the good work!!!
m1482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2009, 17:09   #47  |  Link
VistaVick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyte_E_YT View Post
How about a pause button so we don't have to lose any progress on the current encode?
Can't you just save the current project before aborting and load it again later to resume?
VistaVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 16:35   #48  |  Link
k-c-ksum

ability to edit the avs file before encoding would be handy, especially to help those 2-3 hour movies that would struggle to hold together on a dvd9
Old 26th January 2009, 21:41   #49  |  Link
dre111nl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyte_E_YT View Post
I'm not an expert in details of the encoding, but a pause-button would be very much appricated!

Great tool, by the way!
dre111nl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 07:30   #50  |  Link
Sharc

It could be helpful to indicate in the log the type of encoder used for the original stream, e.g.

- [20:08:12] Collecting video information [00297]
Video: 1920x1080, 29.970fps, VC-1
- Bitrate: 9,185 Kbs
- [20:08:16] Reencoding: VID_00297, Pass 1 of 2
- [20:08:16] Reencoding: VID_00297, Pass 2 of 2
- Error [01:-1073741819] returned from encoder. Retrying.
- Error [02:-1073741819] returned from encoder. Retrying.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 20:54   #51  |  Link
tyte_E_YT

Quote:
Originally Posted by VistaVick View Post
Can't you just save the current project before aborting and load it again later to resume?
You will lose any progress on a current encode when you save and abort. A pause button would be great for those times when you are in the middle of, say for example, the main movie.
tyte_E_YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 17:55   #52  |  Link
Sharc

I wish to find the value of the x264 rate factor in the bd_rebuilder.log. AFAIK it should be available from x264 after pass 1 of an encode.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 18:29   #53  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonexsp View Post
Not even movie only PLeeeasee lol!!
You can do movie only yourself no problem. Preperation to turn it into a Bluray compatible stream only takes a few minutes. just run the source EVOs through eac3to with no switches. Check what stream number corresponds to what you want in your bluray...

example...

eac3to feature1.evo+feature2.evo 2: c:\film\video.vc1 3: c:\film\audio.ac3

Run tsmuxer and add the streams you extracted, then save as Bluray structure. Load the structure into BD-RB, sorted.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2009, 18:32   #54  |  Link
Furiousflea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochevolete View Post
if the option : "- Option to retain original HD Audio. DTS-HD, DTS Master, True-HD, LPCM, etc." would be really welcome,
I'd add the option : "Downconvert HD / Lossless Audio to DTS Full Rate", very often the LPCM audio is way too big

Nik
Not possible as there is no freeware DTS encoder, certainly no "good" one anyway to my knowledge.
Furiousflea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2009, 20:21   #55  |  Link
crocked

I have used bd_rebuilder to convert several mkv files (first converted to blu ray format) in which the the video has been cropped to 1920 * 800. Inserting an addborders(0,140,0,140) into the video.avs file while x264 carries out the first pass has worked to set the video to the correct resolution. A facility in the program to add borders of a user defined size would be useful addition to this excellent program

Last edited by crocked; 27th February 2009 at 17:35.
crocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 07:43   #56  |  Link
redfox

DVD to BD

Any chance of adding the ability to also back up DVD's to BD? I know this can be (partially) accomplished with DVD-RB, but I'm sure BD-RB has the potential for providing better support for this.
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 17:11   #57  |  Link
GaPony

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox View Post
Any chance of adding the ability to also back up DVD's to BD? I know this can be (partially) accomplished with DVD-RB, but I'm sure BD-RB has the potential for providing better support for this.
I'm very curious why someone would want to do that?
GaPony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 17:36   #58  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaPony View Post
I'm very curious why someone would want to do that?
Because you can re-encode ordinary Std Def DVDs to x264, and retain original quality on a DVD5, vs. most comml DVD-9s or even some movies which span multiple discs (e.g. Titanic special, LOTR, Pearl Harbor, etc).
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 17:36   #59  |  Link
jdobbs

It would retain virtually 100% of the original quality because of the increased efficiency of X264.

[edit] Hmm... too slow on the trigger.
Old 27th February 2009, 22:14   #60  |  Link
redfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Because you can re-encode ordinary Std Def DVDs to x264, and retain original quality on a DVD5, vs. most comml DVD-9s or even some movies which span multiple discs (e.g. Titanic special, LOTR, Pearl Harbor, etc).
Or put a whole TV series onto a BD-25 (or even a DVD-9).

So, jdobbs, how about it? If I'm not mistaken, the concept of BD-RB actually sort of grew out of an original request for precisely this feature, in this thread.
redfox is offline   Reply With Quote