Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12th November 2014, 02:48   #1621  |  Link
sparkyar

my english sucks, sorry

Hi jdobbs, maybe Im asking too much but would it be possible to have an option under the "Audio Encoding Options" to only keep HD Audio for the main audio track?

for example...

If I want to keep intact the main DTS-HD english audio track, but I want to encode the french DTS-HD and commentary DTS tracks to AC3.

An option like "Only Keep HD Audio for First/Main track" or "Keep First/Main Audio intact" would do

Anyways... THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WORK YOU PUT INTO BD REBUILDER!
sparkyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 04:34   #1622  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi jdobbs, hope youŽre well, i was thinking about if you can make some button just for do "clic" "Pause" and "Continue" some job on any Bd rebuiler process? An example, i currently ripping some bluray movie and i have to stop temporaly the job but i donŽt want to miss all the process, so, if there just could be a button to pause temporaly and later continue, that will perfect. IŽll wonder if you can do that button.

Dear jdobbs, can be this possible?

Anyway thank you for your time!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2014, 06:21   #1623  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi jdobbs, hope youŽre well, i was thinking about if you can make some button just for do "clic" "Pause" and "Continue" some job on any Bd rebuiler process? An example, i currently ripping some bluray movie and i have to stop temporaly the job but i donŽt want to miss all the process, so, if there just could be a button to pause temporaly and later continue, that will perfect. IŽll wonder if you can do that button.

Dear jdobbs, can be this possible?

Anyway thank you for your time!!
You can do this already now:
When you cancel / abort a running job and restart BD-RB it will ask if you want to start from scratch or if you want to resume (continue) the prevoius job.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 06:37   #1624  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
You can do this already now:
When you cancel / abort a running job and restart BD-RB it will ask if you want to start from scratch or if you want to resume (continue) the prevoius job.
Thank you sharc, yes, but if I cancel any job for example in the middle (of the time line of process) and when I just resume, the job just start from the beginning.

For example, if right now IŽm reencoding some movie Reencoding: VID_00001 and the time left is about 3hs but I do cancel that and later resume that, the entire process of that file will start from the beginning and iŽll lose the hours of entire jobs. You know what I mean?

I mean about some button to resume the file job just where it was canceled
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 06:42   #1625  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Thank you sharc, yes, but if I cancel any job for example in the middle (of the time line of process) and when I just resume, the job just start from the beginning.

For example, if right now IŽm reencoding some movie Reencoding: VID_00001 and the time left is about 3hs but I do cancel that and later resume that, the entire process of that file will start from the beginning and iŽll lose the hours of entire jobs. You know what I mean?

I mean about some button to resume the file job just where it was canceled
That's been requested several times. I don't recall the exact answer, but designing the program to do that, is either impossible, or extremely difficult. And even if it is possible, pausing is highly ill-advised. It could cause artifacts(or a multitude of glitches) in the encode. Plus now, he'd be coding for multiple decoders/encoders. I sure wouldn't want the task lol.
Old 22nd November 2014, 07:27   #1626  |  Link
DoctorM

Are there plans for separate output and work directories? I saw it requested on this thread, but nothing after that.

ATM the final copy/building is pretty slow and HDD intensive since it copies it all happens on the same drive.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 08:14   #1627  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Are there plans for separate output and work directories? I saw it requested on this thread, but nothing after that.

ATM the final copy/building is pretty slow and HDD intensive since it copies it all happens on the same drive.
Something that helps capitalize on this is if you can afford to thrown an SSD drive in your computer, then all the reading / writing / processing done on that disc usually goes SIGNIFICANTLY faster!

I took the plunge here about 6 months ago and bought a Samsung EVO 250 Gig SSD. It was only about $120 or so (Amazon) and I now ALWAYS make sure that I rip to that drive and do ALL processing on it. I try to use it exclusively if possible for MKVMerge, TSMuxer, BDRB, or any re-encoding of any kind. It REALLY saves a lot of time!

Secondarily, if you wanted to, you COULD abort BDRB right after it finishes the encode and just before or just after the start of the rebuilding phase. Then, simply use TSMuxer (which BDRB likely uses anyway) and output to a different conventional HDD if you want. That would spare you what you are talking about, which would be reading / writing / and rebuilding using the same physical drive.

Hope that helps somewhat...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 13:42   #1628  |  Link
gonca

Quote:

HIDDEN_OPTS

OUTPUT_FOLDER=n, where n must exist
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2014, 23:44   #1629  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
HIDDEN_OPTS

Oh, nice. I wasn't aware of that
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 15:42   #1630  |  Link
jdobbs

It really doesn't save much time though...
Old 23rd November 2014, 20:47   #1631  |  Link
DoctorM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
HIDDEN_OPTS

Cheers. Can't wait to try that. Does BD Rebuilder create a subdirectory with the BD's name or does it place the BDMV folder directly in the OUTPUT_FOLDER path?
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:07   #1632  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

It uses the disc volume name as visible in the bdrb window

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:36   #1633  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
It uses the disc volume name as visible in the bdrb window

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk
Or the name of the folder holding the BDMV subfolder when encoding from a hard drive.
Old 23rd November 2014, 21:59   #1634  |  Link
DoctorM

Cool. Then using the Desktop would an ideal directory.
Old 24th November 2014, 16:29   #1635  |  Link
jdobbs

As long as you create a folder on the desktop that has a meaningful name. I, myself, just create working folders on the drive that make it easy to access. (Ex: D:\WORKING\MOVIENAME\BDMV\...)
Old 24th November 2014, 17:09   #1636  |  Link
DoctorM

That actually brings me to another request. Could outputted discs have an extension added to denote it's the re-encoded disc?

I've occasionally wanted to use the same input and output location, but then the original disc would be overwritten.
Ex.: Source: c:\WORKING\MovieName, Output: c:\WORKING\MovieName_BDRB
Old 24th November 2014, 17:35   #1637  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
That actually brings me to another request. Could outputted discs have an extension added to denote it's the re-encoded disc?

I've occasionally wanted to use the same input and output location, but then the original disc would be overwritten.
Ex.: Source: c:\WORKING\MovieName, Output: c:\WORKING\MovieName_BDRB
I could probably add a hidden option, but I don't think it would be used very often.
Old 2nd December 2014, 06:43   #1638  |  Link
DoctorM

I tested my first Quick Play menu today and thought it looked good. I was surprised that the selections were all top justified with a lot of empty space below it.

I understand dynamically sizing the overlay region where the text appears is probably not simple, but I wouldn't mind seeing the text centered vertically within it.
Old 2nd December 2014, 16:00   #1639  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I tested my first Quick Play menu today and thought it looked good. I was surprised that the selections were all top justified with a lot of empty space below it.

I understand dynamically sizing the overlay region where the text appears is probably not simple, but I wouldn't mind seeing the text centered vertically within it.
I tested that -- and it looked pretty ugly when it was centered vertically, especially when there were only a few items.
Old 2nd December 2014, 20:09   #1640  |  Link
AmigaFuture

I know time cannot be saved or banked, so to me OUTPUT_FOLDER=p is a sweet option for a different target drive other than directory on the same drive.

The look of the Quick-Play menu is really useful with its features. A very sweet bonus is, and respect to multiAVCHD, you didn't force, or make by default any automatic music/noises. The only thing I'd like to see added, but don't expect it, would be an option for chapters. That way either a movie from Alternate MKV or...iDevice movies could have chapters. From a programmers view, I can see where that might be a lot more code than you might be willing to add. LOL!