Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 1st July 2016, 18:00   #61  |  Link
Hironimo

I'm providing information of my LITE-ON drive

Quote:
+ VENDOR # PRODUCT-IDENTIF. # REV. # FIRMWARE CR. # INTERFACE # DRIVETYPE # BusEncryptionCapable # BindingNonceGeneration # VENDOR SPECIFIC # FEATURE DESCRIPTOR # COMMENT
| LITE-ON | BD B LH-2B1S | AL09 | | Serial ATAPI | BLURAY/DVD/CD-WRITER | 0 | 0 | R___ | 01 0D 01 04 00 00 03 01 |

Btw, the default URL to procdump.exe does not work anymore, and apparently http does not work on live.sysinternals.com (I could get the file manually from https://live.sysinternals.com/tools/procdump.exe and put it in the tools folder, thoogh).
Maybe include https support for the downloader?

On a similar topic, it did find the DVDFab executable, gut mentions:
"Untested DVDfab App Version found >9.3.0.5<"
I guess that version works though as I could get my VUK.

Other Questions:
0) Will FindVUK also automatically upload the found VUK to the online database of aacs-updater or do I need to do that myself?

1) Where do the makers of DVDFab get their keys?

2) I only got a trial of DVDFab for now that will expire. Would I need to pay for it to have a program that works with FindVUK or is there another way?

2) After FindVUK added the key to KEYDB.cfg, I tried to play the movie with VLC, but it does not work.
How do I know if I did something wrong with setting up VLC correctly (vlc 3.0.0 nightly with lib files fromaacs-updater) or if VLC just does not support that specific disc (Deadpool) yet?

3) Is there a nicer way than "Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.5" to decrypt the .m2ts files, where you have to manually find the VUK for that disk?
Old 3rd July 2016, 14:47   #62  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hironimo View Post
Btw, the default URL to procdump.exe does not work anymore, and apparently http does not work on live.sysinternals.com (I could get the file manually from https://live.sysinternals.com/tools/procdump.exe and put it in the tools folder, thoogh).
Maybe include https support for the downloader?
Just tested it on my computer - for me the included URL is still working and if I change it to https... in the ini file the download is also working, the used component is already capable of handling https connection.

Quote:
On a similar topic, it did find the DVDFab executable, gut mentions:
"Untested DVDfab App Version found >9.3.0.5<"
I guess that version works though as I could get my VUK.
This notification only means that I've not tested FindVUK with this version - when I released FindVUK I thought that it would be necessary to adjust certain parameters for different releases of DVDfab products - but this has never been necessary in the meantime, so I stopped releasing new FindVUK versions just for the sake of including new 'tested' release numbers.

Quote:
Other Questions:
0) Will FindVUK also automatically upload the found VUK to the online database of aacs-updater or do I need to do that myself?
The latest version does this - although I'm honestly disappointed by the lack of updates from starbuck ... nobody can take advantage of the new keys until starbuck releases them to the public.

Quote:
1) Where do the makers of DVDFab get their keys?
No idea - I guess they're using official processing-keys extracted from either software or hardware bluray players...

Quote:
2) I only got a trial of DVDFab for now that will expire. Would I need to pay for it to have a program that works with FindVUK or is there another way?
At the moment you can get a 1 year license for free - take a look here: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...21#post1771221

Quote:
2) After FindVUK added the key to KEYDB.cfg, I tried to play the movie with VLC, but it does not work.
How do I know if I did something wrong with setting up VLC correctly (vlc 3.0.0 nightly with lib files fromaacs-updater) or if VLC just does not support that specific disc (Deadpool) yet?
Did you copy the libaacs.dll to the correct folder? And I just noticed my german Deadpool Bluray is BD+ protected - so playback isn't possible at all with VLC because BD+ is still not solved.

Quote:
3) Is there a nicer way than "Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.5" to decrypt the .m2ts files, where you have to manually find the VUK for that disk?
Well - it shouldn't be that hard to create a small tool that simply decrypts single files from blurays (this is what FindVUK does to verify a VUK - just that it only decrypts 1 block instead of a whole file... )

Is there demand for such a tool?
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2016, 12:15   #63  |  Link
Hironimo

Hey. Thanx for your answers.
I got the free 1 year license, thanx

As to a tool that actually uses the keys comfortably:

Until recently I had used AnyDVD HD, where I purchased an unlimited license.
However the company had to close but some of the people working there decided to keep on, unfortunately the older versions where the license works cannot be used as it tries to connect to a server that does not exist anymore.
I considered buying the new version but they don't offer paypal or the credit card type I have.

So I researched some more and got to a trial of dvd fab, but the program is not really to my liking (ok to use with FindVUK, though) and a proper license is very expensive.

I tried several versions of VLC with the libaacs.dll copied, did not work, but that is due BD+ not being supported (to bad VLC does not provide a clear reason for the error, though, you don't even know it does not recognize the bd standard on the disc).

VLC still can play the decrypted m2ts files, but for that I need a tool that uses keys to decrypt.
While "Blu-ray Disc Ripper 1.5" does this, it is very inconvenient since it does not tell the id of the blu-ray and the KEYDB.cfg database does not contain the name of the disc in many cases.

So basically i'm searching for an "make it simple/stupid" tool to decrypt data on a blu-ray, that is a bit more comfortable than entering the VUK, but uses the KEYDB.cfg.

Are there other tools that maybe make use of KEYDB.cfg and libaacs.dll, preferabily to decrypt the data as it is from the disc?
You obviously cannot always rely on VLC to do everything.
Old 12th August 2016, 20:49   #64  |  Link
hubertlejaune

My drive

Code:
+ VENDOR   # PRODUCT-IDENTIF. # REV. # FIRMWARE CR. # INTERFACE              # DRIVETYPE                      # BusEncryptionCapable # BindingNonceGeneration # VENDOR SPECIFIC                                    # FEATURE DESCRIPTOR      # COMMENT
| ASUS     | BW-16D1HT        | 3.00 | 211511031110 | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY/DVD/CD-WRITER           |          1           |           1            | W006706SIK9HG4C8214                                | 01 0D 09 04 1F 01 02 01 |
hubertlejaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2016, 07:57   #65  |  Link
Starbuck2010
DVDx 4 Author

I will try to update the database every month, I've simplified my update process.

I still don't want to make auto-updateto avoid the database to be overflowed with spam stuff...

Last edited by Starbuck2010; 13th August 2016 at 08:02.
Starbuck2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2016, 20:55   #66  |  Link
gschmidl

I was told to post this:

Code:
+ VENDOR   # PRODUCT-IDENTIF. # REV. # FIRMWARE CR. # INTERFACE              # DRIVETYPE                      # BusEncryptionCapable # BindingNonceGeneration # VENDOR SPECIFIC                                    # FEATURE DESCRIPTOR      # COMMENT
| HL-DT-ST | BD-RE  BH16NS55  | 1.02 | 211512111440 | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY/DVD/CD-WRITER           |          1           |           1            | N000200SIK94G2PK155                                | 01 0D 09 04 17 01 02 01 |
gschmidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 14:22   #67  |  Link
dirk362

Code:
| HL-DT-ST | BD-RE  BH10LS30  | 1.00 | 201005121234 | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY/DVD/CD-WRITER           |          0           |           1            | (BS)(NUL)0705121098A8712906                        | 01 0D 05 04 01 01 01 01 |
dirk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 21:47   #68  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Just released a small tool that hopefully fulfills your needs:

BlurayTestAndDecrypt
Old 7th September 2016, 05:27   #69  |  Link
qlb1234

+ VENDOR # PRODUCT-IDENTIF. # REV. # FIRMWARE CR. # INTERFACE # DRIVETYPE # BusEncryptionCapable # BindingNonceGeneration # VENDOR SPECIFIC # FEATURE DESCRIPTOR # COMMENT
| VBOX | CD-ROM | 1.0 | | Serial ATAPI | BLURAY/DVD/CD-WRITER | 0 | 1 | 14/12/18 PIONEER | 01 0D 09 04 01 01 01 01 |
qlb1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2016, 14:19   #70  |  Link
nalor

Updated the drivelist with 3 new entries.
Old 5th December 2016, 10:08   #71  |  Link
kawarimi

2016.12.05 19:55:07 - Please post the following information into the doom9 forum thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=172914
| SAMSUNG | DVDWBD SH-B083A | SB01 | | Serial ATAPI | BLURAY-ROM+DVD/CD-WRITER | 0 | 0 | 0520 (NULx7) | 01 0D 05 04 00 00 02 01 |
kawarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2016, 22:55   #72  |  Link
xplt

Code:
| PIONEER  | BD-ROM BDCTD03RT | 1.30 |              | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY-ROM+DVD/CD-WRITER       |          1           |           1            |  11/12/07  PIONEER                                 | 01 0D 08 04 13 01 01 01 |
xplt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2016, 09:33   #73  |  Link
aLu

Code:
| PIONEER  | BD-RW   BDR-S09  | 1.33 |              | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY/DVD/CD-WRITER           |          1           |           1            |  15/12/09  PIONEER                                 | 01 0D 09 04 1B 01 01 01 |
@nalor: Could you add info to the FindVUK main page that procdump.exe (x86 version) has to go into the "tools" subfolder? ppl might prefer to download it manually, saves fiddling with firewall settings.
aLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 23:46   #74  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aLu View Post
@nalor: Could you add info to the FindVUK main page that procdump.exe (x86 version) has to go into the "tools" subfolder? ppl might prefer to download it manually, saves fiddling with firewall settings.
Done
Old 30th December 2016, 23:51   #75  |  Link
nalor

Updated the drivelist with 3 new entries.
Old 8th January 2017, 16:52   #76  |  Link
Frederic09

Hello,

Here's a new blu-ray drive you can add to your list.

Code:
| HL-DT-ST | BDDVDRW CH10LS28 | 1.00 | 201106071234 | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY-ROM+DVD/CD-WRITER       |          1           |           1            | 4(NUL)B10607119KCC1F5145                           | 01 0D 09 04 1F 01 01 01 |
Frederic09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2017, 21:39   #77  |  Link
nalor

Thanks! added it to the main list on the first page
Old 13th January 2017, 16:38   #78  |  Link
Sunlight88

New drive

Code:
| HL-DT-ST | BDDVDRW CH12NS40 | 1.00 | 211602231047 | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY-ROM+DVD/CD-WRITER       |          1           |           0            | N002202SIK9IG4JD482                                | 01 0D 09 04 16 00 02 01 |
Sunlight88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2017, 19:52   #79  |  Link
nalor

Thanks! Added it to the main list
Old 19th March 2017, 13:00   #80  |  Link
gigaSproule

Code:
| SAMSUNG  | DVDWBD SH-B083L  | SB01 |              | Serial ATAPI           | BLURAY-ROM+DVD/CD-WRITER       |          0           |           0            |   0520       (NULx7)                               | 01 0D 04 04 00 00 02 01 |
gigaSproule is offline   Reply With Quote