Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 25th February 2015, 04:04   #13381  |  Link
Epic007

PC Playback of x265 while using RipBot264

I love RipBot264 and prefer to use it.

I use the Shark007 codec pack. I have done some testing with the new x265 and RipBot, however I have to set PC Playback to use Haali's Splitter when doing the encodes with RipBot (required) and x265 then switch PC Playback to LAV to actually play the file. The file only plays audio with Haali enabled.

Any suggestions to get around the swapping?

Thanks
Epic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 11:55   #13382  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

use mpc-hc as media player. It has build in lav filters.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 18:41   #13383  |  Link
BigM

Hello,

i am using Ripbot264 for a little while now and I like it very much.
Is it possible to enable using two audio tracks? On some movies I like to keep the original audio as well as the dubbed audio.
Is there any way to do this with ripbot?
Or is there any chance that this will be a feature in future versions?
BigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 01:39   #13384  |  Link
burt123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM View Post
Hello,

i am using Ripbot264 for a little while now and I like it very much.
Is it possible to enable using two audio tracks? On some movies I like to keep the original audio as well as the dubbed audio.
Is there any way to do this with ripbot?
Or is there any chance that this will be a feature in future versions?
Thank you, BigM, for asking about this...I posted a comment a while back asking the same thing, and got no response.

Atak has mentioned in the past that this will be in a future release...the sooner the better, I say

Cheers
burt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 02:35   #13385  |  Link
Noisrevid

All my audio has been offsync pretty much every other or mostly all videos i've encoded with Ripbot.. Haven't changed a thing.. And I can't adjust the offset because once I offset it properly for a scene.. the sound gradually gets offset again.. Any ideas?
Noisrevid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 03:12   #13386  |  Link
kide13

Hello, sorry for my bad english.

Thanks you Atak_Snajpera, the distrubuted encoding is so cool.
I'm using Ripbot264 since a week on 3 PC, i had some crash but it's totally worth it

After converting my videos to 60fps with MeGUI, i encode them to x265 with PLACEBO preset crf 21
I'ill try to describe some problems i've encoutered.
my config: 3 pc windows 8.1
PC 1 (main): i7 12 threads
PC 2 (old pc): i7 8 threads
PC 3 (my brother's pc): i5 4 threads

Problem 1 (solved): the first was my bad, after waiting some hours the end of my first encode, epic fail ! i was using an outaded server version on my pc 2
Solution 1 : the client could check servers versions.

Problem 2 (semi-solved): my pcs were encoding 24/24 and every single day x265_x64.exe( i tried with several builds) crashed randomly when a chunk is at 100% eta 00.00.00 i got about 2 or 3 crash for 30 chunks everydays on pc 2 and 3, but it never happened on my main pc, so i think you can identify the problem.
When x265_x64.exe crash, the chunk is stuck at 100% and Ripbot264 client continue the other current chunks, then after some time all chunks are stucked so every morning Ripbot264 was stucked when i wake up then i had to restart it.
Solution 1: close the windows error dialog, if i close it fast, x265_x64.exe will just restart for the next chunk and all work well, but i can't click the night when i'm sleeping
Solution 2: modify with regedit the value of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\DontShowUI and set to 1. the video will be encoded without pause but this solution is not clean.
Solution 3: You can try to find the origin of this problem and correct it but i'm unable to reproduce it it's totally random.

Problem 3 (unsolved) rare problem fortunately, on the client i had some crash because "is not a floating point value" something like that sorry i forgot message :/

I didn't see anything about crash in the log folder, i just have completed jobs.

Now some uncomfortable things for me, before i was using handbrake and some comforts are missing.
1/ I've a lot of folders for my videos, each time i want to add a video in Ripbot, i navigate to the folder to select the video but the destination is not set to the same folder, so i have to renavigate to the video folder, it's a little boring. the destination is always set to the previous saved video folder, you could add a way to set the default folder like with handbrake, i just want to save my video where the source is localized, and maybe automaticly rename it with encoding preset.
2/ With handbrake you can pause your queue, that mean once the current job is completed the program will pause. You could do the same for a chunk, add a way to pause a server, so once a chunk is completed the server will pause, some chunk take 4h, when i use 2 servers to use 100% of my cpu, chunks take 6 or 7 hours, i often need cpu for others task.
For example i use Plex to share my videos to all my family so my cpu is often transcoding. i use often Megui too, so i need to planify some pause for 8pm for example, so if i can press a pause button at 2h pm i'm sure at 9pm my family will don't have lags

60fps x265 placebo videos require a lot of cpu to be played, i suggest to use PotPlayer for good performances. mpc-hc is very laggy for me.

Thanks you Atak_Snajpera, i hope you will continue to improve x265 options cause it's so awesome
kide13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 13:03   #13387  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Problem 2 (semi-solved): my pcs were encoding 24/24 and every single day x265_x64.exe( i tried with several builds) crashed randomly when a chunk is at 100% eta 00.00.00 i got about 2 or 3 crash for 30 chunks everydays on pc 2 and 3, but it never happened on my main pc, so i think you can identify the problem.
This looks similar to this issue
Description -> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...36#post1706836
Solution -> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...45#post1706945

Quote:
All my audio has been offsync pretty much every other or mostly all videos i've encoded with Ripbot.. Haven't changed a thing.. And I can't adjust the offset because once I offset it properly for a scene.. the sound gradually gets offset again.. Any ideas?
Most likely video is detected as 29.97 fps while it should be 23.976 fps. You can force correct fps in script.

Quote:
Thank you, BigM, for asking about this...I posted a comment a while back asking the same thing, and got no response.

Atak has mentioned in the past that this will be in a future release...the sooner the better, I say

Cheers
So far I have working demuxing of extra audio.

Added extra UI elements for extra audio

I have also separated audio script from video script

Things go slowly not because it is difficult to add support for extra audio but because I have other things to do in RL and day has only 24h

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 26th February 2015 at 13:07.
Old 26th February 2015, 22:11   #13388  |  Link
soneca

Cool! And the release date?
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 15:53   #13389  |  Link
dslr-rookie

"Title" field in target MKV optional empty

Hello Atak,

I have a suggestion for a next version:
Cause I rename the media files by my own schema it is not helpful when the title section in the mkv is filled with the actual file name after convert. So I always have to remove this entry with mkvmerge for each file - or after Ripbot builts the CMDs and starts I edited this and remove manually the parameter --title "filename" in the jobxx_muxFiles.cmd. The reason is: any mediaplayer (like my Samsung TV) shows the title flag if available (it is not changeable), other media player shows always the filename.

Could you set an option for "title tag = filename" vs. "title tag= empty"? It's enough to find it in the INI files, dont need it to set in the graphical interface.

best regards
dslr-Rookie

Last edited by dslr-rookie; 27th February 2015 at 15:56.
dslr-rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2015, 23:43   #13390  |  Link
ShogoXT

Hi everyone, definitely Ripbot264 is my favorite out of what ive tested with so far.

I have been trying to take DVDs that were filmed with 16mm film (first 3 seasons of Stargate SG-1), and convert them. I have been using MakeMKV and DVDFab to passthrough into a mkv file readable by Ripbot264. I cant use DVD Decrypter anymore because it doesnt split up the episodes correctly.

When I put the mkvs from MakeMKV into Ripbot, I use 1 pass mode and try to IVTC from 29.9fps back to 23.9. The result is video that is faster than the audio oddly. Tried putting assume fps 23.9, but same.

If I do it with DVDFab, then ripbot reads the mkv as 25 fps, when it actually plays fine on MPC-HC at the 29.9 fps. This makes it so I cant use IVTC.

Anyone seen that happen before? Or did I fumble something in the settings?
ShogoXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 02:44   #13391  |  Link
apostolis21

distributed encoding

Hi Atak_Snajpera, ripbot264 is a great piece of software, I' ve just started using distributed encoding and I've managed to complete all steps but when the encoding client starts no files are being copied like your video tutorial shows and when chunks 1 and 2 have finished encoding they start encoding from the beginning all over again and the client never encodes chunk 3,4,5...

It is like a never-ending circle and it is quite confusing

Any ideas why this is happening?

And is there a plan to allow the use of H264 .ts and .mpg as input files for distributed encoding?

Thank you for your time,
Apostolis
apostolis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 07:36   #13392  |  Link
ShogoXT

I think I found the solution to my problem. After a bit of fiddling with rip programs and file types into Ripbot, using DVDFab, but changing it to VOB passthrough seems to be the best choice. I just hope it wont mess up on the later disks and have trouble splitting up the episodes the last time I tried this.
ShogoXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 17:56   #13393  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by apostolis21 View Post
And is there a plan to allow the use of H264 .ts and .mpg as input files for distributed encoding?

Thank you for your time,
Apostolis
Extract mkv file from ts file and use the mkv
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 12:26   #13394  |  Link
Bigmango

Hi,

I have an mpeg2 video (DVD), mediainfo shows:

Code:
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 25.000 fps
Scan type                                : Interlaced
Scan order                               : Top Field First
But ripbot says the video is 50 fps, and after conversion there's interlacing all over.

In the ripbot properties the "deinterlacing" (and "decimate") options are greyed out (all other options are available), so it isnt possible to select anything.

What to do?

Thanks.
Bigmango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2015, 18:11   #13395  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Add this to script

Code:
video=AssumeFPS(video,25)
#Deinterlace
LoadCplugin("[CORRECT_PATH_TO_RIPBOT264]\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
video=yadif(video,mode=1,order=1)
Old 10th March 2015, 19:34   #13396  |  Link
Bigmango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Add this to script

Code:
video=AssumeFPS(video,25)
#Deinterlace
LoadCplugin("[CORRECT_PATH_TO_RIPBOT264]\Tools\AviSynth plugins\Yadif\Yadif.dll")
video=yadif(video,mode=1,order=1)
With this the deinterlacing now seems to be fine, but the output is still 50 fps (should be 25 fps).

I tried megui: everything is fine automatically with the 1 click encoder.
Old 10th March 2015, 20:12   #13397  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

You didn't say whether you want 50 fps (full frame rate) or 25 fps (half frame rate). Change mode=1 to mode=0 then.
Old 10th March 2015, 20:44   #13398  |  Link
Bigmango

OK, thanks.
Old 15th March 2015, 08:46   #13399  |  Link
slalom

@Atak
Suddenly one of my encoding clients does only 5fps or lower
Does it have to do with a java update?
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 12:01   #13400  |  Link
lemaireus

Pause Button

I've started using x265/HEVC option and that takes anywhere from 12 to 18 hours to encode 90 minutes of video. Sometimes one feels like playing a resource heavy game while Ripbot is doing its work and in such a scenario a pause button would be really handy. One could pause the encoding without losing all the hours that have already gone into the process.

One can, of course, run Ripbot in low priority but I have almost always ended with blue screens when I start gaming with Ripbot working in the background--particularly when the final video is being written to the disk--and Windows being Windows I don't think those random blue screen crashes will disappear anytime soon.

A pause button would work wonderfully well in the scenario. I hope it wouldn't be too difficult to implement.
lemaireus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360