Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 9th April 2014, 14:35   #1461  |  Link
i303

Authoring a blue ray with more than one title

Hello !

I have a question - I was not able to find any information about this nor to get this working with TSMUXER;

Is there a way to author a Blue Ray (or AVCHD) with more than one independent title ?

The only things i get working is to join separate ts streams together to one title or to add elemantary streams from another ts to an existing one, but not to author a blue ray structure with more than one separate title, that can be selected in the blue ray player.

I hope there is a way to do this.

Thanks in advance !
Old 9th April 2014, 15:32   #1462  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjvader View Post
i don't know if you can help me i have been using tsmuxer for years and i love it, but i now would like to create a blu-ray demo disc of clips from movies and was wondering if its possible to do it all in tsmuxer please? (i have tried but im failing!)
i would like it to
*have both 2d and 3d clips (i already have all my 2d clips ready to go all predited using tsmuxer its just the 3d clips im struggling to add as (forgive me if im wrong) they need to be added from the playlist to get it to be proper mvc full 3d
*be able to use cutting on each of the 3d-blu rays that are in the input (so i can edit it to a specific 3min clip etc)
*make each file an individual chapter
is that possible at all?
all i seem to be able to do at the moment is have one clip (it ignores all the others) and it only lets me using cutting on one clip, i know im probably doing something stupid but i just cant find what it is! thx
That's pretty much all you can do with TSMUXER alone. The only other option would be to create a single stream by combining them. But it would be one long stream containing all clips, and you couldn't mix different sizes/types (no 3D mixed with 2D).

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th April 2014 at 15:35.
Old 9th April 2014, 15:41   #1463  |  Link
fits79

Can anyone to tell me what EXACTLY is the secondary (pip) and how i use it with simply words.

A lot of thanks

Last edited by fits79; 9th April 2014 at 17:16.
Old 9th April 2014, 17:03   #1464  |  Link
pjvader

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's pretty much all you can do with TSMUXER alone. The only other option would be to create a single stream by combining them. But it would be one long stream containing all clips, and you couldn't mix different sizes/types (no 3D mixed with 2D).
jdobbs hmmmmm i know that name! i would also like to thank you personally for your work (big fan!)
i cant see where im going wrong with tsmuxer as when i create a blu-ray iso or folders all it does is plays the first clip i have in the "input" section it doesnt go on to the next clip or chapter even if i have 20+ or just 2 clips in there (im using "add" to add them) and they appear in the tracks section im losing it here! lol
am i able to specify a start/finish time for each track too as its also applying the specified time edit to the first clip that it makes into the dis
sorry for so many questions i feel like a newb even though this aint my first rodeo so to speak!
Old 13th April 2014, 14:13   #1465  |  Link
airsoft

TrueHD problems

Does anyone problems with single TrueHD audio track - file for an example XXX.truehd - a 5.1 audio from the movie "Triple X" - with Vin Diesel or directly a MKV file contains Dolby TrueHD Audio..... tsMuxer couldn't recognize the audio?
in table "Tracks:" I see this
Code:
1 [ ] .......\XXX.mkv | H.264 | eng | Profile: High@4.1  Resolution: 1920x1080p Frame rate: 23.976
Error dialog "Some tracks not recognized. This tracks was ignored. File name: "......\XXX.mkv"
after confirming the dialog the table is appended with another row
Code:
1 [X] .......\XXX.mkv | H.264 | eng | Profile: High@4.1  Resolution: 1920x1080p Frame rate: 23.976
2 [X] .......\XXX.mkv | PGS   | bul | Presentation Graphic Stream #3

all this I need because my Dune TV-303D hasn't license to decode TrueHD audio in MKV track. I did a test with another BluRay movie and instead of MKV as output I've used M2TS container and it works. Seems my Dune has license to decode Dolby TrueHD audio for ISO file, M2TS container, but not for MKV container
Old 13th April 2014, 14:19   #1466  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

When the Dolby TrueHD stream was muxed into the .MKV container its (Dolby Digital) AC3 core was automatically removed by the MKV muxing application!

TSmuxer will reject any Dolby TrueHD stream without a core...
Old 13th April 2014, 15:21   #1467  |  Link
Cedvano

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
Can anyone to tell me what EXACTLY is the secondary (pip) and how i use it with simply words.

A lot of thanks
Go here http://www.slashgear.com/ps3-blu-ray...ations-289932/ (find in 1mn on Google)
Old 14th April 2014, 04:00   #1468  |  Link
marcusj0015

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
If you are writing to a USB connected hard drive -- there is an issue. If you are muxing elementary streams, it works fine. But, if you are muxing using an MPLS as the source it is there. I've seen it on 3 different drives. You may not even notice it. There is a small amount of data that doesn't get written to the end of the M2TS. The big tell is that the packet count in the CLPI doesn't match the M2TS (it is set to length the M2TS should be). Switch to a directly connected SATA drive and it goes away completely.
Oh I see, I normally mux from mkv, and use makemkv for ripping.
Old 14th April 2014, 18:31   #1469  |  Link
airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
When the Dolby TrueHD stream was muxed into the .MKV container its (Dolby Digital) AC3 core was automatically removed by the MKV muxing application!

TSmuxer will reject any Dolby TrueHD stream without a core...
Is there a chance to tell to mkvmerge (i.e. mkvtoolnix) to preserve the whole TrueHD track?
Old 14th April 2014, 18:38   #1470  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

In short, no...

Indeed, it's not possible to preserve 'the whole' TrueHD track (ie: with core) using any Matroska muxing application.
Old 14th April 2014, 23:27   #1471  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Do you know why? Is it any good reason, or is it just a limitation or bug?
Old 15th April 2014, 00:29   #1472  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
Do you know why? Is it any good reason, or is it just a limitation or bug?
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...39#post1376239
Old 15th April 2014, 05:33   #1473  |  Link
Chetwood

https://trac.bunkus.org/wiki/FAQ%3ATrueHDAndAC3

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Old 15th April 2014, 08:02   #1474  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thank you. The explanation is clear. It's a limitation in the MKV specs. Pity! :-(
Old 15th April 2014, 14:07   #1475  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

^ I am no expert nor a Matroska fanboy, but I see no reason why the
Matroska container should have been designed to support ugly hacks like that. I mean,
DTS audio was intended to be extensible from the beginning, whereas TrueHD, being just a superset of MLP, actually can't have anything to do with AC3. Just my 2 shillings, and also the end of this whole O.T.
Old 15th April 2014, 14:33   #1476  |  Link

@filler56789

Chill out in accusing developers of making "ugly hacks", especially when you admit you are no expert. That's very close to rule 4 territory. Follow-up to PM if needed.
Old 16th April 2014, 05:22   #1477  |  Link
airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital View Post
In short, no...

Indeed, it's not possible to preserve 'the whole' TrueHD track (ie: with core) using any Matroska muxing application.
thanks.... so I'm continuing to fill my home cinema with 5 speakers.... already have a receiver and bass cabinet... and will switch my dune to bitstream the audio and the receiver will do the rest.... all of my remuxes that contain TrueHD are already in MKV format.... no such problem with 3D ISO titles... seems the license limitation is only for MKV or similiar problem like missing AC3 Core.... I knew only for DTS HD Master Audio that it has a DTS Core

Regards
Old 16th April 2014, 05:23   #1478  |  Link
Chetwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
@filler56789

Chill out in accusing developers of making "ugly hacks", especially when you admit you are no expert. That's very close to rule 4 territory. Follow-up to PM if needed.
? The ugly hack was the TrueHD implementation compared to DTS-MA, was it not?

Anyway, if you need the fallback option, you'd have to implement the stripped TrueHD + an extra AC3 track. Another reason to prefer DTS.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Old 16th April 2014, 10:51   #1479  |  Link
tebasuna51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetwood View Post
? The ugly hack was the TrueHD implementation compared to DTS-MA, was it not?

Anyway, if you need the fallback option, you'd have to implement the stripped TrueHD + an extra AC3 track. Another reason to prefer DTS.
I don't understand this discussion, if you want lossless audio is enough the TrueHD track, most the times with less size than DTS-MA.

If you want lossy audio the AC3 track at 640 Kb/s have a good size/quality ratio.

If you want recover, from a TrueHD source, the TrueHD+AC3 track BD compliant, you can use eac3to. No mather the quality of AC3, now always use the TrueHD to play.

Of course if you have DTS-MA you can preserve this track if you want.
Old 16th April 2014, 12:19   #1480  |  Link
filler56789
SuperVirus

@ Chetwood: yes, that's exactly what I meant (the Blu-Ray specs for TrueHD multiplexing).

@ neuron2: yes, I've sent a PM to you and to Doom9 as well.

FWIW:
Quote:
Originally Posted by menno View Post
The trick is that you can strip the file from the lossless correction data and end up with a pure MP3 file, much faster than encoding your lossless file to MP3. The correction data is stored in an ID3v2 tag frame (ugly hack), so probably a tag editor should be able to remove that.

Last edited by filler56789; 16th April 2014 at 12:49. Reason: add quote, add more info
Closed Thread