Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 31st July 2010, 06:30   #6181  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
* Warning when loading files muxed with mkvmerge 4.1/4.2
I must be missing something. What is wrong with mkvmerge 4.1/4.2?
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 08:46   #6182  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
As I mentioned to you via one-way email, it will be interesting to see if the "Cinavia" watermarking flourishes - and if it does, how HD-DVD (more complete, including chaptering, etc) may prove to be a godsend.
There is absolutely no documentation and it is very hard to keep hopes about this implementation. Chapter/Seeking information is quite similar to what's found in SD DVD IFO files, so may be someone with that knowledge can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I'm confused, AFAIK BD5/9 media doesn't exist. The smallest capacity you can get is BD25.

Don't you really mean DVD5/9?
People call DVD5/DVD9 discs with Blu-ray content BD5/BD9.

Quote:
Check here and here.

Dean
Old 31st July 2010, 11:42   #6183  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Some improvements in the latest build (you'll need to use multiUPDATE.exe):

* Download this nice small (50kb) CLI tool from another doom9 user (Groucho2004) (link to the post) and extract AVSInfo.exe in your multiAVCHD\tools folder. This may greatly improve the speed for all image processing/visualization in multiAVCHD. Until now x264 was used for executing avisynth scripts and sometimes caused 'x264 crashed' errors, but with avsinfo it shouldn't happen. Plus, it is much faster and doesn't need colorspace conversion at the end of each avs script. The tool is included in the full-download.

* Small fix: menu font color setting will be available even when [-] Create top menu is not selected (useful for title-list menu setting when no main top menu is created).

* Fixed: sometimes the crop zone when using zoom (%H) in [transcode] window will cause slight AR distortion. It is fixed now + some more zoom %s.

Dean
Hi Dean,

I only noticed now that you're bundling my utility with your software. No problem there but what exactly are you using it for? I only wrote this tool to display clip properties and the speed of scripts.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 12:06   #6184  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm using it to execute avisynth scripts in multiAVCHD, to generate subtitle PNGs (from avisynth scripts) in goSUP and multiAVCHD.

Before I was using x264 to execute scripts, but avsinfo is faster, since it doesn't do frame-lookahead, loads quickly, doesn't need YV12 colorspace conversion and uses less memory and is just 50kb.

Dean
Old 31st July 2010, 12:17   #6185  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Important note for the latest update:

The value for Non-HD audio bitrate in Subtitles&Audio tab is now used in different manner. I think pio011 or daberti asked for a similar function

* Default value is 640. You may want to check your setting and put 640 there.
* During processing of SD audio tracks multiAVCHD will check their bitrate against the one set in "Non-HD audio..." box. If audio bitrate is > then the one set, it will be re-encoded. If bitrate is < it will be left alone or IF re-encoding is required (in case of AAC/MP3...) multiAVCHD will use the closest/lowest bitrate possible and will not use Non-HD audio bitrate value.

For example:
Non-HD audio bitrate: [448]

1) Source audio: AC3 640kbps will be re-encoded to 448kbps
2) Source audio: MP3 320kbps will be re-encoded to AC3 320kbps (and not to 448 as set in Non-HD audio box).
3) Source audio: AC3 384kbps will not be re-encoded

Dean

Last edited by deank; 31st July 2010 at 12:43.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 15:11   #6186  |  Link
crl2007

Quote:
You have to set from "Extra Options" the Compression setting to none, for ALL the streams ( video, audio, subtitles ). This thing causes a lot of headaches.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 15:59   #6187  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
I'm using it to execute avisynth scripts in multiAVCHD, to generate subtitle PNGs (from avisynth scripts) in goSUP and multiAVCHD.

Before I was using x264 to execute scripts, but avsinfo is faster, since it doesn't do frame-lookahead, loads quickly, doesn't need YV12 colorspace conversion and uses less memory and is just 50kb.

Dean
You should use this for that purpose:
http://www.iol.ie/~schubert/avsexec.zip

This has no user interface (apart from messageboxes for error handling) and just steps through a script frame by frame.

Also, it uses the proper Avisynth API and not VFW.

Let me know if it works.
Old 31st July 2010, 16:11   #6188  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'll stick with avsinfo.exe atm. It works as expected and very pleased that you put out such a small nice app.

Thanks!

Dean

//

There is a bug in avsexec.exe. It will not accept a file if parsed as "file.avs", but will work with file.avs. "file name.avs" works, too. I believe the quote symbols when there is no space in file/path causes troubles.

Last edited by deank; 31st July 2010 at 17:13.
Old 31st July 2010, 16:32   #6189  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

* Media list - back to normal colors (not blue/white)
* Properties/Chapters: SET changed to APPLY, USE changed to LOAD, warning pop-up when user clicks 'load' to use a chapter file
* Properties/Audio: hovering with the mouse will show the external audio track file name
* Properties/External Subtitles: hovering with the mouse will show the external subtitle track file name
* Transcode: bitrate estimation suggestions will follow the latest change and will use the lower bitrate for calculation of final filesize

Dean
Old 31st July 2010, 17:11   #6190  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
People call DVD5/DVD9 discs with Blu-ray content BD5/BD9.
Sigh!

Quote:
Check here and here.
Thanks. will do.
Old 31st July 2010, 17:15   #6191  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Sigh!
In multiAVCHD all terms are media-related, so there is no such thing as BD5/BD9, but DVD5/DVD9 discs, SDHC, USB/HDD sticks and disks, BD25/BD50 discs, etc.
Old 31st July 2010, 17:31   #6192  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Originally Posted by deank
Some improvements in the latest build (you'll need to use multiUPDATE.exe)
I don't know where this quote was found (this forum or Dean's forum), but my question about it is this: if one lets multiAVCHD look for a new version, does it grab the complete distribution or just the multiAVCHD piece?

If not, can multiAVCHD be told to grab everything in order to install any new programs, like AVSInfo.exe?
Old 31st July 2010, 17:33   #6193  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

multiUPDATE.exe updates multiAVCHD.exe only. I can't afford full update of all tools during the update process.

Either way, multiAVCHD rarely requires full-download (may be once in 2-3 months) + the download link is to videohelp.com and the download speed is okay, without ads, banners, waiting time, etc.

http://download.videohelp.com/deanbg/multiAVCHD_4.1.exe
Old 31st July 2010, 17:40   #6194  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
In multiAVCHD all terms are media-related, so there is no such thing as BD5/BD9, but DVD5/DVD9 discs, SDHC, USB/HDD sticks and disks, BD25/BD50 discs, etc.
If you were thinking that I was implying that you were using the term within multiAVCHD, I wasn't. Sorry if I misled. The sigh is because so often words are used to describe things/actions that are incorrect.

Another example is when one uses their video camera to go film something, or that they were filming their vacation. I'd like to see those people put film in their video camcorders. Hell, with most of today's video cameras you can't even video tape either.
Old 31st July 2010, 18:00   #6195  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Well, it's like the old CompuServe/Genie/AOL "You've got mail" notice (back in the 90s) which definitely was for an e-mail message and not for a peek into the snail-mail box.

Last edited by deank; 31st July 2010 at 18:16.
Old 31st July 2010, 18:21   #6196  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
There is a bug in avsexec.exe. It will not accept a file if parsed as "file.avs", but will work with file.avs. "file name.avs" works, too. I believe the quote symbols when there is no space in file/path causes troubles.
Ooops, fixed. Please re-download.
Old 31st July 2010, 18:25   #6197  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Thanks. I'll do some tests to check if there is any speed difference and if there is, I'll replace avsinfo with avsexec.

Thanks for looking into it.

Dean
Old 31st July 2010, 18:51   #6198  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
multiUPDATE.exe updates multiAVCHD.exe only.
So, what does multiUPDATE.exe update do that multiAVCHD.exe doesn't, or vice-versa?

Here comes another silly question... if a user isn't an avid reader of either forum, how would that person know to go and download AVSInfo.exe if the autoupdate of multiAVCHD doesn't go and get it?

Now I'm really confused. I went to add AVSinfo to my multiAVCHD tools and there was an older version already there.

Last edited by MrVideo; 31st July 2010 at 19:01. Reason: added info
Old 31st July 2010, 19:27   #6199  |  Link
setarip_old

DTS audio settings

@deank

Hi! (NOT about HD-DVD for a change ;>})

I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious but, in the audio settings, is there an option to extract the DTS core from a DTS-MA audiostream of an .MT2S or .MKV file?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2010, 19:36   #6200  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
So, what does multiUPDATE.exe update do that multiAVCHD.exe doesn't, or vice-versa?

Here comes another silly question... if a user isn't an avid reader of either forum, how would that person know to go and download AVSInfo.exe if the autoupdate of multiAVCHD doesn't go and get it?

Now I'm really confused. I went to add AVSinfo to my multiAVCHD tools and there was an older version already there.
I don't know why you decided that you need avsinfo.exe. I added it into the package more than a month ago. Without it multiAVCHD will work too (it checks if it is there and uses it, otherwise it uses the tools it used before).

If one is not an avid user/reader, he'll get a message in the LOG if a tool is required or an option will be 'grayed-out' if a tool is missing - OR - one can always download the complete package and OVERWRITE the installation he has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@deank
I'm sure I'm overlooking something obvious but, in the audio settings, is there an option to extract the DTS core from a DTS-MA audiostream of an .MT2S or .MKV file?
Click the title-name in Media TAB (or click [properties]). There is an AUDIO tab where you have [x] Core only option.

The option is per-track, not per-title and available only when HD audio stream is selected.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 31st July 2010 at 19:48.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author