Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 3rd February 2010, 17:26   #6781  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo7883 View Post
I cant seem to load a saved .iso image from my hard drive. its a .iso that was created by anydvdhd from my original blyray movie disc. Please dont flame me i am a NOOB, Thanks RiZ
You have to mount it (e.g. with Daemon Tools) if it is an ISO and then point BD-RB to the mounted drive. Even better, instead of ripping to an ISO, simplly copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to a folder on your hard drive (named after the disc). Then you can point to that with BD-RB.
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:17   #6782  |  Link
AntonyDu92

Hello,
I have the configuration set like in the first post of this thread.
I wanted to rebuild a BD (decrypted by DVDFab who can select only one sound track but only in "movie only" mode) by just suppress one of the 2 audio tracks of my BD "drag me to hell" (french version).
After the workaround for my previous bug (see previous post) i have now another bug after a few hours of reencoding :
"x264.exe has stopped working" window (i am on windows 7).
This caused BD Rebuilder to freeze..
But i guess you will say me it is not a BD Rebuilder bug..
btw i don't know why "FFMPeg encoder" is grey : i have ffdshow 3128.

Last edited by AntonyDu92; 3rd February 2010 at 19:37.
AntonyDu92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:34   #6783  |  Link
AntonyDu92

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I can't tell from the way it is worded and I'm really not familiar with DVDFab -- did you remove any audio during the rip? When BD-RB pulls info from the MPLS related to audio -- it assumes the M2TS files hasn't been manipulated in any way. The Error "75" means there was an attempt to access a nonexistent path/name. My guess might be that BD-RB tried to extract an audio stream from the M2TS -- and it wasn't there when it later tried to access it for reencoding.
My decrypted files coming from DVDFab are the result of a "full disc" decrypt : nothing is removed or compressed.
Maybe the bug came from my check of "limit to one track for each language" in BD-RB whereas i, after, selected 2 tracks for the VID_00002.

Quote:
It (the hell :-)) encodes when it is told to do so by the settings in the SETUP page. But, if the audio was missing because of manipulation it would still get an error (even if not reencoding) when it tried to mux the missing audio stream later.

Like I said, I'm not sure what you may have done during the rip -- but BD-RB always needs to work with an unedited original source (except, of course, for decrypting alone). You can never be sure what/how other programs decide to do what they do when they change the authoring (like removing streams, etc).
I don't understand how to ask in setup BD-RB to not reencode :
the box for "do not convert DTS to AC3" is checked, the box "do not reencode AC3" is checked, the box "Keep HD audio for BD25 encoding" is checked. And nothing is checked in "video encoding options". What else ?
Is this because i selected target size BD-25 (and not custom size) ?
BD-RB itself automaticaly filled a "custom target size" to 23450Megabytes

[Options]
MODE=0
TARGET_SIZE=23000
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=0
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1
AVCHD=1
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
ENCODER=0

Last edited by AntonyDu92; 4th February 2010 at 09:07.
AntonyDu92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 20:10   #6784  |  Link
Anacletus

Hello peeps,

simple question (maybe already answered but its too long to read all..) is there any way to tell BD-RB to not touch the original video at all? since i have a couple BD that are just slighty over the BD25 size, so i could just remove some not needed languages to make them fit on my blank disks.

Tia
Anac

EDIT: Nevermind, i just saw that the software automagically knows what to do

Last edited by Anacletus; 3rd February 2010 at 20:31.
Anacletus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2010, 23:25   #6785  |  Link
rizzo7883

Quote:
You have to mount it (e.g. with Daemon Tools) if it is an ISO and then point BD-RB to the mounted drive. Even better, instead of ripping to an ISO, simplly copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to a folder on your hard drive (named after the disc). Then you can point to that with BD-RB.
Thank you for the prompt answers. RiZ
rizzo7883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 18:34   #6786  |  Link
shiva-x

Hello,

I've used make MKV and multiAVCHD to make a movie only Blu-Ray structure, which works correctly, and now I'd like to use BD Rebuilder to make it fit on a BD-25 disc. My Blu-Ray reauthored with multiAVCHD is very simple: one playlist, and one 27GB M2TS. When I start BD Rebuilder on this structure, it fails with the following output :

[17:57:03] BD Rebuilder v0.31.06 (beta)
- Source: AVCHD
- Input BD size: 26,88 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:32:52.159]
- Target BD size: 22,46 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
- Resuming from previously started job.
[17:57:05] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [17:57:05] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [17:57:05] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 219.912 frames
- Bitrate: 17.077 Kbs
- [17:57:05] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3207)
[17:57:09] - Failed video encode, aborted

I've looked in the destination folder. The generated AVS doesn't play the m2ts. I've been to #avisynth on irc.freenode.net where I've been told to install AviSynth plugin FFMpegSource2 http://code.google.com/p/ffmpegsource/.

With this plugin the video is simply loaded by the code :
FFMpegSource2("C:\BUFFER\MKV\AVCHD\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts")

(Unfortunately I couldn't verify if my idea would work with BD Rebuilder because when it resumes from a previous job, the AVS is overwritten, and if you protect the file from writing, job is canceled :/)
shiva-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 19:41   #6787  |  Link
cwh060

Quote:
I have sucessfully done edits in multiAVCHD and used BDRB to resize. To me, and I am no expert, it looks as though you have authored your output from multiAVCHD to AVCHD and not BDRA. (blu ray compliant)

cwh
cwh060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 20:47   #6788  |  Link
setarip_old

@shiva-x

Hi!

Try the following, VERY similar (and always successful) procedure that I've used literally dozens of times:

1) Use MakeMKV to both rip your original BluRay disc and create a "movie-only" .MKV from the primary title (exclude the subtitles)

2) Load/Drag and Drop the MKV into tsMuxeR GUI, click on the "BluRay" radiobutton in the "Output" section - and click on the "Start muxing" radiobutton
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 20:59   #6789  |  Link
shiva-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh060 View Post
I have sucessfully done edits in multiAVCHD and used BDRB to resize. To me, and I am no expert, it looks as though you have authored your output from multiAVCHD to AVCHD and not BDRA. (blu ray compliant)

cwh
I've built a Blu-Ray compliant structure for all Blu-Ray players though

I've found a "hack" to make BD Rebuilder start processing with my custom AVS which uses FFMpegSource2 :

Open a Command prompt (cmd.exe) in your working directory
- Let BD Rebuilder fail once with its own AVS script
- Type copy /y <yourCustomAVSUsingFFMPegSource2> (DO NOT TYPE RETURN !!!!)
- When BD Rebuilder asks you if you want to retry encoding the Blu-Ray because the folder is not empty, click yes but you'll have to be quick because it will write VID_00000.AVS which you don't want. So quickly click on your cmd window and press RETURN.

I've done that and finally BD Rebuilder started to process my disc .
Old 4th February 2010, 21:07   #6790  |  Link
worknstiff

@ ---shiva-x

QUOTE:

Hello,

I've used make MKV and multiAVCHD to make a movie only Blu-Ray structure, which works correctly, and now I'd like to use BD Rebuilder to make it fit on a BD-25 disc. My Blu-Ray reauthored with multiAVCHD is very simple: one playlist, and one 27GB M2TS. When I start BD Rebuilder on this structure, it fails with the following output :

- Input BD size: 26,88 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:32:52.159]
- Target BD size: 22,46 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=448
- Resuming from previously started job.

I have been using multiAVCHD also and I noticed that you are trying to create a " MOVIE ONLY " disk. If you want to create the MENU and then use BD_Rebuilder you need to create an "AVCHD" disk and then use BD_Rebuilder to compress the output as a "FULL" disk backup and leave everything intact. I have lots of luck using "CLOWN_BD": as frontend to remove all the "EXTRA STUFF" leaving just the movie and audio tracks I want and then using multiAVCHD to make custom "MENU" and compress with BD_Rebuilder. Lots of steps but turns out good results when you have episodic disks like Band of Brothers.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2010, 21:46   #6791  |  Link
shiva-x

@worknstuff
My goal is to make a movie only disc. I've used MakeMKV to extract main movie, then multiAVCHD to recreate a BD structure, now I want to recompress it.
I'm just trying to make BD rebuilder not crash when I make a main movie only rip, which is always what I'm interested in. I'm now wondering if those multiAVCHD steps are not useless now that I'm using FFMpegSource2 but I'm just experimenting .

Edit: I meant for this Blu-Ray, main movie backup crashed and full backup crashed too so I'm trying alternate methods.

Last edited by shiva-x; 4th February 2010 at 21:48.
Old 4th February 2010, 22:53   #6792  |  Link
worknstiff

@ shiva-x

Sorry I misunderstood also, I wonder why you need anything but BD_Rebuilder if ONLY movie + audio & subs is needed. You really don't need anything else.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 04:09   #6793  |  Link
setarip_old

@shiva-x

1) Have you tried my first suggestion (Use tsMuxeR)?

2) Why don't you simply use multiAVCHD to also compress?
Old 5th February 2010, 06:26   #6794  |  Link
Steve01370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve01370 View Post
Not absolutely sure if this is a bug or something *I'm* missing, (GREAT program BTW), but I ran BDR under Vista a LOT (set up exactly as per instructions) and never had a problem. I compressed a lot of blu-ray (MO mode)to DVD5 and never had a problem. But my HD died so I installed Windoze 7 Ultimate and BDR (again following instructions exactly. Now, no matter what movie I try and compress, I get the same result - failed to video encode. MPEG2 encoding IS enabled and VC-1 IS set to wmv9. This is the latest error log.
------------
[09:40:25] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [09:40:25] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00000]
- [09:50:44] Reencoding: VID_00000 (1 of 1)
- [09:50:44] Collecting video information
- Source Video: VC-1, 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 220,841 frames
- Bitrate: 2,957 Kbs
- [09:50:44] Reencoding: VID_00000, Pass 1 of 2
- Reached retry limit. Aborting.
- FFDSHOW Revision: (3133)
[09:50:45] - Failed video encode, aborted
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Thanks in advance
If I'm posting in the wrong area, I apologize. I really have tried searching for answers before asking.. All files (ffdshow, avisynth, x264), are the versions suggested at the beginning, all the settings are as suggested, I've tried every combination of settings I can think of, and I'm still getting the same failure. Is it just that I should go back to Vista? I'd rather not, but the encodes I WAS getting with this great program would be worth it.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated..
Steve01370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 16:32   #6795  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiva-x View Post
@worknstuff
My goal is to make a movie only disc. I've used MakeMKV to extract main movie, then multiAVCHD to recreate a BD structure, now I want to recompress it.
I'm just trying to make BD rebuilder not crash when I make a main movie only rip, which is always what I'm interested in. I'm now wondering if those multiAVCHD steps are not useless now that I'm using FFMpegSource2 but I'm just experimenting .

Edit: I meant for this Blu-Ray, main movie backup crashed and full backup crashed too so I'm trying alternate methods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@shiva-x

1) Have you tried my first suggestion (Use tsMuxeR)?

2) Why don't you simply use multiAVCHD to also compress?
This is a BD-RB bug reports thread, and jdobbs has repeatedly said he will not and cannot reply and help out when preprocessing is done.
Make MKV may work fine, as might DVDFab HD, but AnyDVD HD is and has been the most consistent and reliable ripper.
BD-RB is designed to work on a full disc rip, which can than be converted to a movie only or a full backup, but the original structure is the source to work with. Any other method is preprocessing. I have done other methods myself, but do not and will not report a bug from the results, nor should it be reported here in this thread.
There are other methods to get movie only backups, but I think this thread should respect the wishes and demands of the software developer!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2010, 22:11   #6796  |  Link
setarip_old

@Capsbackup

I am well aware of the purpose of this thread - and my (useful) response to "shiva-x" (about tools specifically used by "shiva-x") would, hopefully, result in the end of postings mistakenly made to this thread about this by "shiva-x" ;>}
Old 6th February 2010, 02:02   #6797  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

I just encountered odd behavior with v.0.31.06 that is quite similar (if not identical)to what I believe was twice previously reported:

I had BD-RB processing "Amelia" (movie-only) while I was surfing. I also had two windows open in Explorer. BD-RB was minimized.
As soon as BD-RB reached 100% (but not totally finished), the mouse ceased functioning.

I left the machine for about three minutes and returned to find that everything was fine - mouse okay, Explorer windows okay, and BD-RB had completed its task.

Any thoughts?
Old 6th February 2010, 03:44   #6798  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonyDu92 View Post
Hello,
I wanted to rebuild a BD (decrypted by DVDFab who can select only one sound track but only in "movie only" mode) by just suppress one of the 2 audio tracks of my BD "drag me to hell" (french version).
After the workaround for my previous bug (see previous post) i have now another bug after a few hours of reencoding :
1. That's the wrong version of FFDSHOW (see the first post of this thread) so it is quite obvious that you DON'T have your configuration "like in the first post of this thread" -- which, of course make me assume there are probably other misconfigured settings too.
2. FFMPEG is not the same thing as FFDSHOW. Ignore the greyed out choice.
3. Most of the time if you see that error it is a system instability. Are you overclocked?

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th February 2010 at 04:25.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2010, 03:47   #6799  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

I just encountered odd behavior with v.0.31.06 that is quite similar (if not identical)to what I believe was twice previously reported:

I had BD-RB processing "Amelia" (movie-only) while I was surfing. I also had two windows open in Explorer. BD-RB was minimized.
As soon as BD-RB reached 100% (but not totally finished), the mouse ceased functioning.

I left the machine for about three minutes and returned to find that everything was fine - mouse okay, Explorer windows okay, and BD-RB had completed its task.

Any thoughts?
Hmmm... sounds like either a loop somewhere that isn't giving up the CPU but isn't expected to take very long. I'll check it out.
Old 6th February 2010, 04:02   #6800  |  Link
Steve01370

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonyDu92 View Post
Hello,
I got that ""x264.exe has stopped working" window" yesterday when I got impatient with my Windoze 7 problems and put the old Windoze Vista HD back in my system. It encoded a movie fine - until 99.75 % done (22 hrs) and then gave me that error. I quit BDRB and tried to shut down and restart the computer. The HD was no longer being recognized by the computer, so I'm figuring that THAT was the problem. That was also the reason I tried the Windoze 7 installation on a new drive.

And BDRB is working fine on that dirive now, BTW. I just reinstalled BDRD over what was there and tried it for the hell of it before I reinstalled Vista. It just started working fine. I've got no clue what the problem could have been.
Steve01370 is offline   Reply With Quote