Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Closed Thread

Old 16th June 2016, 15:13   #1741  |  Link
pinterf

Chikuzen, thank you, fixed.
Old 18th June 2016, 18:41   #1742  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

I came to visit the forums, and after catching up with this thread, boy I cannot express how glad I am that pinterf picked up where I left. I am sorry for my unfinished work. I honestly never intended to abandon the project, and the reason I never said anything about leaving was because I was telling even myself “nah, I don't feel like it right now, but I'll be sure to continue working on avs+ in a month or so.” I guess it is safe to say now that this has been going on for so long, that who am I kidding?!

I guess partly the reason is that 1) my work on avisynth was strongly linked to my involvement in the fansubbing scene, which I stopped participating in about a year ago (we'll see if I'll be back now). Also, 2) I also got a bit demotivated due to some other reasons.

Anyway, pinterf seems to have done a splendid work on ironing out the most important rough edges. But most importantly, I am writing to offer my help. I doubt I'll be as active as before regarding coding, but reading back this thread, I have seen a few posts where I think I can be of help.

1) At some point it was mentioned it'd be good if somebody was around to answer questions about the current design, mostly relating to caches. It seems pinterf has since then figured out what he needed at that point, but still, if he has any questions, I'll be here.

2) He also mentioned he is keeping his changes on a different branch so that should it come to that, integration to Avs+ can be done easily. If he would like to, I'd be more than happy to pull his changes into the Avs+ repository. pinterf said somewhere something about a code review, I can do that too if he'd like to.

3) As an extension to the previous point, I'd like to give him full rights to the main Avs+ repository (I do not intend to monopolize on the development of Avs+, after all, maybe the most important goal of the whole fork was to try to revitalize the community).

4) I also see no problem in issuing an updated installer with the new improvements.

5) Am I back? To some small extent. I'd like to be an active member of the community, but realistically speaking new talents are needed to ensure active development. Please let us give pinterf and other interested people our support.
Old 18th June 2016, 19:35   #1743  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

This is good news, Ultim!

Even if you will be scarce, it's great to hear continued interest.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 @3.4GHz (6c/12th, I'm on AVX2 now!)
Old 19th June 2016, 03:20   #1744  |  Link
ryrynz

Great news. Nice to see you back and what that'll mean for this project going forward.

I guess nows a good a time as any to ask if anyone here would be willing to put together a compatible 64 bit version of cretindesalpe's updated awarpsharp 2. I'm getting instability using the 2012 64 bit build and it's the only filter keeping me from a full 64 bit work flow, cheers.
Old 19th June 2016, 21:04   #1745  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Great news. Nice to see you back and what that'll mean for this project going forward.

I guess nows a good a time as any to ask if anyone here would be willing to put together a compatible 64 bit version of cretindesalpe's updated awarpsharp 2. I'm getting instability using the 2012 64 bit build and it's the only filter keeping me from a full 64 bit work flow, cheers.
Eh, that's assembly

TurboPascal has more than enough experience in doing such things (porting things over to much better intrinsics, which at the same time brings proper x64 support), but I think he lost interest in Avs.

Asking cannot hurt though.
Old 19th June 2016, 21:43   #1746  |  Link
jackoneill
unsigned int

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
Eh, that's assembly

TurboPascal has more than enough experience in doing such things (porting things over to much better intrinsics, which at the same time brings proper x64 support), but I think he lost interest in Avs.

Asking cannot hurt though.
I think you could copy them from the VapourSynth plugin.
Old 19th June 2016, 23:11   #1747  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Apparently this only happens with 64-bit ffdshow. I remember the SVP people also had troubles with 64-bit ffdshow. In the end it turned out to be an issue with ffdshow. Not saying that's the issue here, just something to keep in mind.

More info here: https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/issues/50
Old 20th June 2016, 02:50   #1748  |  Link
ryrynz

You know, that could quite well be it.. I don't hold much hope of anyone wanting to delve into ffdshow to fix this but if anyone is going to then I guess it would be either pinterf or ultim. I'll just continue to use the 32 bit version like I always have done for years no worries.

It would be nice to see if fixing the above issue resolves it, ffdshow is still required for real time processing and a full 64 bit chain should be more efficient. The crash occurs instantly on start up about 20% of the time. I am fairly certain that just a single basic awarpsharp call will trigger it, I'll confirm it and update this post later tonight, thanks.
Old 20th June 2016, 04:02   #1749  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

The issue with SVP and ffdshow x64 doesn't cause a crash but is a serious memory leak that happens on every seek. It doesn't liberate its resources.
Old 20th June 2016, 05:13   #1750  |  Link
ryrynz

To be clear, the player (in this case mpc-be) crashes instantly. I'll pin point it down a bit better and play with a few options.
Old 20th June 2016, 13:44   #1751  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Apparently this only happens with 64-bit ffdshow. I remember the SVP people also had troubles with 64-bit ffdshow. In the end it turned out to be an issue with ffdshow. Not saying that's the issue here, just something to keep in mind.

More info here: https://github.com/AviSynth/AviSynthPlus/issues/50
Actually awarpsharp2 has bugs in x64 http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...92#post1745892
Old 20th June 2016, 13:48   #1752  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Hey there ultim. Nice too see you around .

I've recently started to work on the documentation, so far almost all of it comes from cherry picked posts from this thread. There are a few things here and there that may need a bit of elaborating/clarification, unfortunately I do not know too much about these things to do so. Maybe once I'm done you can give it a quick review. Right now it's just a sloppy word file, some of it is what's already on the AviSynth+ wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
It made it a lot easier for me to proof the changes between old (HTML) and new (Sphinx) versions by using the Tile View extension in Firefox, so I could see both side-by-side instead of needing to switch between tabs, with Notepad2 (or Leafpad, since I was under Linux while doing this) off to the side to edit the actual RST files.

It's really as simple as 'make html' in the distrib/docs/english directory, so long as you've installed Python and Sphinx. Sphinx will tell you if there are syntax errors in the files, and if the built HTML version is open in your browser, you can see the errors and work them down until it complies. And it'll also only rebuild the files that have been touched, rather than needing to rebuild the entire doc tree.
I installed Python 2.7.11 and the latest Sphinx, I also updated to the latest pip(8.1.2). Whenever I click 'make.bat', a command prompt window quickly opens and closes. Am I missing something here?
Old 20th June 2016, 17:03   #1753  |  Link
pinterf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
I came to visit the forums, and after catching up with this thread, boy I cannot express how glad I am that pinterf picked up where I left....
Hi! I'm glad you are back, and yes, I have so many questions, contrary to the fact that (unfortunately) I'm the kind of a man that first tries to make sure of things alone, in order not to ask obviously stupid questions. Not the fastest way of getting the knowledge, though. I'm still on the learning curve on both avisynth internals, sometimes even syntax elements that I never use.
I am still a humble maintainer of the avisynth plus code. I wish I were a young student again with plenty of free time
Old 20th June 2016, 18:01   #1754  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Humble, courageous and patient.
Old 20th June 2016, 19:03   #1755  |  Link
Reel.Deel

LoadPlugin problem

In classic AviSynth I can load plugins like this:
Code:
LoadPlugin("AddGrainC", "MedianBlur2.dll")

ColorBars(pixel_type="YV12")
AddGrainC(100)
MedianBlur()
However, in AviSynth+ the second plugins does not load:
Quote:
Script error: There is no function named 'MedianBlur'.
Is this the expected behavior or is it a bug?
Old 20th June 2016, 19:12   #1756  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
I installed Python 2.7.11 and the latest Sphinx, I also updated to the latest pip(8.1.2). Whenever I click 'make.bat', a command prompt window quickly opens and closes. Am I missing something here?
Install Sphinx from pip:
Code:
pip install sphinx
Navigate with the Command Prompt/Terminal to the right directory and run the Makefile:
Code:
cd distrib/docs/english
make html
Old 20th June 2016, 19:15   #1757  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
In classic AviSynth I can load plugins like this:
Code:
LoadPlugin("AddGrainC", "MedianBlur2.dll")
Probably:

Code:
LoadPlugin("AddGrainC.dll", "MedianBlur2.dll")
Still, I don't remember anyone using this syntax, even if it is allowed. So I could imagine that AviSynth+ did not implement it as variable parameters...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
Old 20th June 2016, 19:38   #1758  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Probably:

Code:
LoadPlugin("AddGrainC.dll", "MedianBlur2.dll")
Still, I don't remember anyone using this syntax, even if it is allowed. So I could imagine that AviSynth+ did not implement it as variable parameters...
Oops, even if I add .dll to AddGrainC the second plugin still fails to load. Kinda odd that it loads without .dll at the end.

Quote:
Install Sphinx from pip:
Code:
pip install sphinx
Navigate with the Command Prompt/Terminal to the right directory and run the Makefile:
Code:
cd distrib/docs/english
make html
Thanks, I'll try it when I get back at home.

Last edited by Reel.Deel; 20th June 2016 at 20:05.
Old 20th June 2016, 20:32   #1759  |  Link
Chikuzen
typo lover

Quote:
However, in AviSynth+ the second plugins does not load:

Is this the expected behavior or is it a bug?
It's a bug.

patch
Code:
diff --git a/avs_core/core/PluginManager.cpp b/avs_core/core/PluginManager.cpp
index 517f713..5141866 100644
--- a/avs_core/core/PluginManager.cpp
+++ b/avs_core/core/PluginManager.cpp
@@ -867,7 +867,7 @@ AVSValue LoadPlugin(AVSValue args, void* user_data, IScriptEnvironment* env)
   IScriptEnvironment2 *env2 = static_cast<IScriptEnvironment2*>(env);

bool success = true;
-  for (int i = 0; i < args.ArraySize(); ++i)
+  for (int i = 0; i < args[0].ArraySize(); ++i)
   {
     AVSValue dummy;
     success &= env2->LoadPlugin(args[0][i].AsString(), true, &dummy);
Old 21st June 2016, 04:10   #1760  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Quote:
Install Sphinx from pip:
Code:
pip install sphinx
Code:
cd distrib/docs/english
make html
I always have trouble with the command line, got it working though. Now I can start messing around with the documentation.

Shift and right click (I learned something new):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikuzen View Post
It's a bug.

patch
Thanks Chikuzen.
Closed Thread