Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th May 2011, 11:20   #1  |  Link
D9JK

Staxrip - Trying to speed up frame rate and audio tempo

Hello all,

I have some video clips with an odd frame rate of 20, which I would like to speed up to 24 FPS (with the audio in sync) while converting them in Staxrip. I've managed to increase the frame rate with AssumeFPS already, but Staxrip always ignores the TimeStretch filter I've set up (I don't want the pitch to change), so the audio lags behind.

I've set Staxrip to look for Avisynth's plugin directory. I've also searched for help both on Google and on these forums, but I'm stumped.

How do I solve this problem, so that the audio won't remain unchanged? How would you do this?
D9JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 08:54   #2  |  Link
Sharc

@D9JK
Hmmm, I have some doubt if time stretching / preserving the pitch will produce satisfactory results for the wide range from 20 to 24 fps (+20% may produce audible artefacts, but I am not sure).
Have you tried your script external to StaxRip?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2011, 19:50   #3  |  Link
D9JK

Hello Sharc,

Yes, I copied the code from an .AVS-file I wrote and used earlier with a Avisynth/VirtualDub combo, where it worked fine. In Staxrip, I used it in the code of one of the filters. In the processed video file, the video frame rate was correctly set to 24 , but no processing was done to the audio. I'm not very experienced in using Avisynth filters in Staxrip, so I'm not entirely sure what works, and how does one make them work.

As for the sound quality and artifacts: it's not a huge problem, I'm more concerned about the out-of-sync sound that is happening currently.
D9JK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
assumefps, speed, staxrip, sync, timestretch