Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 2nd March 2015, 21:17   #1  |  Link
Lyris

Scenarist BD: seamless branching giving Invalid ATC_DELTA error

Hey forumers,

I have a feature here with multilingual opening credits in French and English. The French and English intros are only about 300mb in size each and are laid out on the disc in the order:

French Intro (00003.m2ts),
English Intro (00004.m2ts),
Main Movie (00005.m2ts).

Scenarist BD muxes the intros fine, but then stops at the end of muxing the main feature, with this error (Invalid ATC_DELTA, error code MUX_SN_E_DB_INVALID_ATCDELTA). The log says:

2015-02-25T22:35:28Z|ERROR|MUX_SN_E_DB_INVALID_ATCDELTA||0|Invalid ATC_delta|DBComp:Invalid ATC_delta TS1:00004 TS2:00005|

The French Intro and English Intro video sequences are the exact same length. All of the audio tracks are of equal length and are WAV files (PCM).

As the log suggests, I can build a whole disc OK if I set the connection between the English intro (00004.m2ts) and the feature (00005.m2ts) to non-seamless. Having the French intro (00003.m2ts) and feature (00005.m2ts) as a seamless connection is okay, for some reason.

The files are properly laid out in an Interleave group in the Disc Layout window.

Does anyone know what the cause of this is and how to solve it?
Lyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 20:40   #2  |  Link
Lyris

Update for y'all. Bafflingly, by deleting the clips and flipping the order (so it's English Intro, French Intro, Main Movie), it now muxes successfully.

Well, fine by me, I'm not gonna ask any questions...
Old 3rd March 2015, 21:02   #3  |  Link
kolak

You can actually try adding few frames silence to audio to intros and than trimming it in Scenarist. It lets Scanerist to have 'extra' data, which sometimes is needed with seamless connections.

Last edited by kolak; 3rd March 2015 at 21:05.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 23:18   #4  |  Link
Lyris

Have you ever used the CC6 Clips Generator inside Scenarist? What's the idea there, that you encode one big long sequence with I-frames at the cut points then chop it up inside Scenarist?
Old 4th March 2015, 00:08   #5  |  Link
rik1138

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
You can actually try adding few frames silence to audio to intros and than trimming it in Scenarist. It lets Scanerist to have 'extra' data, which sometimes is needed with seamless connections.
I actually recommend this for any seamless connection, it just seems to eliminate problems by letting Scenarist handle the trimming of the audio. If the video is 30 seconds, I just make the audio 31 seconds, and then in the track editor trim it to 30. Seems to solve almost any problem with making seamless branching work.

And, as you discovered, doing silly things that make no sense will sometimes make Scenarist behave (like flipping the order of the files)... There's probably some relatively good reason for why that worked, but the program won't tell you.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2015, 00:24   #6  |  Link
Lyris

Rik, do you have any insight on the CC6 clips generator?
Old 7th March 2015, 03:05   #7  |  Link
rik1138

I've never used it, but from what I gather your first post about it is correct. It's used to cut up a single-file encode at I-Frames. I've never had to make a disc that would benefit from that, so I've never done anything with it...

If you know in advance the file needs to be split up for some reason, I'd just have it encoded that way in the first place.
Old 30th March 2015, 23:09   #8  |  Link
Lyris

Hi guys,
For future reference, I found the problem. It occurs if there's too much of a change in bitrate around the splice points. I'm working on a feature now which has 24 different segments (Directors' Cut plays all, Theatrical Cut plays only the odd-numbered segments) and was having this problem where the end of one seg would fade to black (almost 0kbps) but then hard-cut into full video on the first frame of the next seg (causing the bitrate to go basically up to the max 40).

Here's how to figure it out. Try to mux. When you get the Invalid ATC_DELTA error, View Log. It will tell you on the last line the m2ts files where the seamless connection is failing. Delete those clips from your project and mux again. Keep going until you find all of the joins that are failing. Note them down.

Now you know what they are, re-encode those segments and increase the bitrate to max (or some other similar number) for the last scene (or last X number of frames) at the end of the first file, and do the same at the beginning of the next file. Then reimport everything and re-mux.

Last edited by Lyris; 30th March 2015 at 23:23.
Old 31st March 2015, 12:30   #9  |  Link
rik1138

What video encoder are you using? If you tell the encoder you are encoding for seamless branching, it should handle the join points correctly without having to do this. (I'm pretty sure Sonic's video encoder does this, not sure about others but they probably do).

Also, you have to do the same thing with lossless audio. If you are doing DTS-HD MA you can import a timecode list of all the seamless break points and the encoder will take special consideration about those point so the buffer isn't maxed out at a seamless jump... I don't think you will get the ATC_DELTA error from the audio, but you can get audio dropouts or pops on the seamless joins on some player/receiver combinations if this isn't done.
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:02   #10  |  Link
ccsoon

I try to figure this out but I can't.

So I'm making a Blu-ray with 5 seconds clips of photo's so that I can order them how I like it by making different PlayList and so on. But it has to be seamless.
Making it seamless with AC3 and WAV doing all fine but when I'm trying with DTS-HD I get these error:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyris View Post
|ERROR|MUX_SN_E_DB_INVALID_ATCDELTA||0|Invalid ATC_delta|DBComp:Invalid ATC_delta TS1:00004 TS2:00005|

So I did some tests. Each video clip has exactly 5sec15frames (23,976fps) So first was DTS-HD with exactly that, same error, DTS-HD with "single clip seamless branching" checked on, same error, DTS-HD with 1sec silent added with "single clip seamless branching" checked, same error..

I just don't know what to do. And importing a timecode isn't an option because the order of clips is different in each playlist.
ccsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2020, 09:39   #11  |  Link
ccsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
This didn't work for me. But at the end of the video or beginning? Or both?
ccsoon is offline   Reply With Quote