Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 21st November 2014, 22:00   #1  |  Link
egekhter

Programmatic Blu-ray (DVD) Authoring

Hi guys (and gals),

I'm wondering if there are any tools available for programmatically creating the correct structure for Blu-ray and DVD discs?

If not, are there defacto specs for what the correct structure should look like?

I'm looking to create this in Python.

Thanks!
egekhter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2014, 18:58   #2  |  Link
fervict

Dear Egekhter:

I´m not an expert but I have used for long time some easyily manageable tools for creating DVDs with excelent results. For that, in a first step, you need the corresponding separate threads for video (mpeg2), audio(s), subtitles and chapters. To obtain them you may demux .ts or .mpeg files with PVAStrumento. Subtitles are a case of their own, because they should be in .sup format, but this can be obtained from .srt or vob/sub by means of Subtitle creator, and you may even change colors etc by means of DVDsubedit, if you wish to.

The second step is remuxing these threads to a DVD structure....Don't worry, this can be easily achieved by the use of MuxMan....and

Third step, if needed, in the case you have several parts or simple DVDs (ie Titles) you can add all together by means of DVDShrink. If you need some more editing you can use IFOEdit, but this is a more complicated refinement or delicatessen.

Al these tools are free and easily obtainable through this forum or in the web. I´ll be very happy with your success.

You can also easily create "one title" BluRays with only one wonderful tool: tsMuxeR. But I should be also very happy if anybody can explain me how to create Blu-Rays wth more than one only title....Is it there any kind volunteer? I hope!

Good luck and kindest regards
fervict

Last edited by fervict; 23rd November 2014 at 19:04.
fervict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authoring, blu-ray, dvd, python