Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 23rd November 2018, 15:10   #16321  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

of course, getting bigger CPUs and GPUs always is the best way

I picked Ripbot because of the distributed encoding mode in order to include all PCs at hand. Instead of spedning hunderts of euros for new gear, the PCs sitting around can do the same task "for free"...

Adding all the XEON Servers here in the office gives me a plus of aorund 30fps in the pool with the mentioned settings.

I´d have to spend around 800 Euros to get a euivalent of speed in new hardware.

Since Staxrip and others are able to use the CPU OPENCL in the Xeon Servers - and since ripbot is recognizing them - maybe it´s just a small change in the programm ?

Quote:
Platform 0.
Name : Intel(R) OpenCL
Vendor : Intel(R) Corporation
Version : OpenCL 1.2
Profile : FULL_PROFILE
Extensions : cl_khr_icd cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_depth_images cl_khr_3d_image_writes cl_intel_exec_by_local_thread cl_khr_spir cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_intel_dx9_media_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_fp64 cl_intel_vec_len_hint

Platform 1.
Name : AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing
Vendor : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Version : OpenCL 2.0 AMD-APP (1800.8)
Profile : FULL_PROFILE
Extensions : cl_khr_icd cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d11_sharing cl_khr_dx9_media_sharing cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:21   #16322  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

I will see what I can do...
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2018, 15:36   #16323  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Old 23rd November 2018, 15:46   #16324  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
add /restart-if-no-progress to EncodingServer.exe commandline.
This command will restart encoding on server if ffmpeg.exe and x264.exe/x265.exe are not using cpu cycles for 1 minute.

Basically I'm checking USER TIME for specific process. This value increases if application is working.
I checked and I have /restart-if-no-progress already in my command line. I haven't had FFMPEG stall out like I mentioned before but I was just going over my command line.
Code:
/port xxxx /minimize /priority low /restart-if-no-progress 8
To be clear...I changed the port to xxxx, but they are all the same 1000, 2000, 3000, etc...
I'm still waiting for it to happen again so that I can take more notes.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2018, 17:07   #16325  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
HEVC stable got another bump:
2.9+8-27d8424
http://msystem.waw.pl/x265/
Looking at the notes here: https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/defau...easenotes.html

Quote:
New features
Support for chunked encoding

--chunk-start and --chunk-end Frames preceding first frame of chunk in display order will be encoded, however, they will be discarded in the bitstream. Frames following last frame of the chunk in display order will be used in taking lookahead decisions, but, they will not be encoded. This feature can be enabled only in closed GOP structures. Default disabled.
Not sure this can be used for DE mode but if so it would help encodes be slightly better, no?
Old 27th November 2018, 14:51   #16326  |  Link
Ryushin

4K Disc Seamless Branching Causing Audio Sync Issue

So I'm still encountering this issue.

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer.

The work around I've been doing is to use MakeMKV to create a video file from the same source and then pull that into Ripbot to process it and it comes out fine. Only caveat seems to be Ripbot throws and error when pulling in a mkv file that has a TrueHD stream in it.
Decoding Error
FFAudioSource: No audio track found
(D:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\Job1023\getinfo.avs, line 4)

So I create two MKVs, one with AC3 which Ripbot pulls in fine and is processed, and the other with TrueHD, that I mux in the TrueHD audio stream after the Ripbot finishes with the first file.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 15:51   #16327  |  Link
dracore

is there a read me for distibuted encoding ive tryd all ways i can think of and i either get - IDLE - or just nothing - any help would be greatful .... thank you all for your time
dracore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 15:52   #16328  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Could you provide a little more info about your setup?
Old 27th November 2018, 16:38   #16329  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
So I'm still encountering this issue.

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer.

The work around I've been doing is to use MakeMKV to create a video file from the same source and then pull that into Ripbot to process it and it comes out fine. Only caveat seems to be Ripbot throws and error when pulling in a mkv file that has a TrueHD stream in it.
Decoding Error
FFAudioSource: No audio track found
(D:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\Job1023\getinfo.avs, line 4)

So I create two MKVs, one with AC3 which Ripbot pulls in fine and is processed, and the other with TrueHD, that I mux in the TrueHD audio stream after the Ripbot finishes with the first file.
Have you tried using sources TimeCodes in your encoded file to see if that fixes the problem?
Old 27th November 2018, 20:38   #16330  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
Have you tried using sources TimeCodes in your encoded file to see if that fixes the problem?
Why no I have not. Where would I find that option?

The audio is in sync up to a certain point towards the end of the movie, then it is no longer in sync. I don't have this problem with Blu-ray sources, only Ultra Blu-ray. And the problem with Ultra Blu-ray is those discs that have seamless branching. In Incredibles 2, there are three different movies for each language. So lots of seamless branching going on. Also had this happen for discs that have the theatrical and extended cut in one disc using seamless branching.
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 07:08   #16331  |  Link
mdchaser

I've got an interesting problem on one of my machines. All of a sudden I can't load the encoding server. I run encodingserver.exe and it flashes in the taskmanager for a fraction of a second then disappears (no logs anywhere I can find). I can run the encodingserver.exe from the old tools folder (from late 2017 I believe) and it loads just fine. I did a refresh of the system and have the same issue even though it's a "blank" machine! Any thoughts?

Thanks!
mdchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 08:45   #16332  |  Link
mdchaser

A quick update. I built a second machine from scratch and had the same issue. encodingserver.exe loads for a fraction of a second then unloads. The old version works fine on this machine as well.
Old 28th November 2018, 10:24   #16333  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

@mdchase
Check the following:
- Firewall open for the used port of the servers and ripbot client?
- All versions up to date on all machines? (Run ripbot on all machines and check, if it updates.)
- SMB reachable? Try opening the network share manualy
Old 28th November 2018, 12:25   #16334  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchaser View Post
A quick update. I built a second machine from scratch and had the same issue. encodingserver.exe loads for a fraction of a second then unloads. The old version works fine on this machine as well.
Does this fix this issue?
http://www.mediafire.com/file/x5zaot...erver.exe/file
Old 28th November 2018, 13:22   #16335  |  Link
dracore

Quote:
thank you very much this fixed my issues - i will be sending a donation later today as a thank you
dracore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 16:42   #16336  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Why no I have not. Where would I find that option?

The audio is in sync up to a certain point towards the end of the movie, then it is no longer in sync. I don't have this problem with Blu-ray sources, only Ultra Blu-ray. And the problem with Ultra Blu-ray is those discs that have seamless branching. In Incredibles 2, there are three different movies for each language. So lots of seamless branching going on. Also had this happen for discs that have the theatrical and extended cut in one disc using seamless branching.
I've posted on this before here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...es#post1849546

Official information:
https://mkvtoolnix.download/doc/mkve...n.timecodes_v2
Old 28th November 2018, 18:33   #16337  |  Link
mdchaser

Quote:
Thanks for uploading a new version! Unfortunately I have the same symptoms with the new one, it unloads silently and almost immediately. The old version still runs and seems to encode fine but neither machine likes the newer versions. I have run ripbot on both to make sure it runs and everything seems fine, I've also shut off the firewall but I can't imagine it has an effect on the program loading normally.

Thanks!

Jeff R.
Old 28th November 2018, 18:47   #16338  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

did you check the SMB network if your machine has access to the ripbot directory?
Old 28th November 2018, 18:57   #16339  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchaser View Post
Thanks for uploading a new version! Unfortunately I have the same symptoms with the new one, it unloads silently and almost immediately. The old version still runs and seems to encode fine but neither machine likes the newer versions. I have run ripbot on both to make sure it runs and everything seems fine, I've also shut off the firewall but I can't imagine it has an effect on the program loading normally.

Thanks!

Jeff R.
Post detailed PC spec (CPU , windows version (fully updated or not) and so on)
Old 28th November 2018, 19:14   #16340  |  Link
mdchaser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
did you check the SMB network if your machine has access to the ripbot directory?
I did but ripbot is being run locally.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360