Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 8th March 2014, 08:51   #19501  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train61 View Post
So how do I fix it? Do I simply need to upgrade to a newer version of tsMuxer? Or is it that BD-RB can't find tsMuxer?
You could try to load the .m2ts file which belongs to the VID_00001 into tsMuxerGui and demux it. When you get the same error you may want to post in the tsMuxer thread.

I did this disc some time ago and had no issues. Perhaps it was still using the "old" tsMuxeR 1.10.6 that time, I don't remember.

Edit:
I just started to encode this disc again with BD-RB 0.46.14. No issues so far.
Can you post the full log? When did the error happen? Which file/stream is problematic?

Last edited by Sharc; 8th March 2014 at 09:56.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 11:12   #19502  |  Link
inge70

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Train61 View Post
So how do I fix it? Do I simply need to upgrade to a newer version of tsMuxer? Or is it that BD-RB can't find tsMuxer?
your views on "Help / inspect" button in BD_Rebuilder to see if anything can be correctly identified and also the codecs etc. are correct. BD_Rebuilder can deal with tsMuxeR 1.10.6 and 2.6.12
inge70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 17:05   #19503  |  Link
jdobbs

It's likely a corrupt rip.
Old 8th March 2014, 17:23   #19504  |  Link
D-Train61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
You could try to load the .m2ts file which belongs to the VID_00001 into tsMuxerGui and demux it. When you get the same error you may want to post in the tsMuxer thread.

I did this disc some time ago and had no issues. Perhaps it was still using the "old" tsMuxeR 1.10.6 that time, I don't remember.

Edit:
I just started to encode this disc again with BD-RB 0.46.14. No issues so far.
Can you post the full log? When did the error happen? Which file/stream is problematic?
Here's what Inspect tells me:

[03/08/14] Checking System Settings
- BD-Rebuilder v0.46.14 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- Working Path Free Space: 873.16GB
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
- FRIMEncode: Ok
- FRIMDecode: Ok
[03/08/14] Systems Settings Check complete

It happens within a few seconds of starting my rip. The version of tsmuxer is the one that came with the BD-RB I downloaded last night since it replaced my old version, so tsmuxer is up to date and working fine according to the above.

Very odd, I just tried ripping it again this morning and now it seems to be working. The only difference is this morning I have AnyDVD running, last night it wasn't running. Do I need that?

OK, I'm convinced that the fact that AnyDVD wasn't running was my problem. I haven't ripped a Blu-Ray for a while now and I usually don't auto start AnyDVD any more because it's annoying that it pops up every time I put in a music CD. Yeah, I'm a dumb ass sometimes. Sorry to waste you guys' time.

Thanks for all of the help!

Last edited by D-Train61; 8th March 2014 at 17:38.
D-Train61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 17:40   #19505  |  Link
Capsbackup

If you are using BD-RB on a source that is in your Blu-ray drive, ripping as you use BD-RB, then yes you must have AnyDVD running to decrypt while BD-RB reads the source!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 17:57   #19506  |  Link
D-Train61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
If you are using BD-RB on a source that is in your Blu-ray drive, ripping as you use BD-RB, then yes you must have AnyDVD running to decrypt while BD-RB reads the source!
D'ohhh!
D-Train61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 18:30   #19507  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I looked at it. The M2TS files that aren't included when MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0 are the ones that have no video, contain IGS (with IGS_ENABLE set off), BD-RB has determined to be menus, or BD-RB has determined to be made up of still images (and AUTO_BLANK is off).
Jdobbs, I mean this in the most respectful way. I can assure you that BD Rebuilder has bugs in detecting m2ts files to encode. First, it's missing numerous files on X-Files discs but some of those files were still images so I'll give you that. Now, I'm working on Star Trek TNG Season 4 Disc 6 and it's missing m2ts files that are link to "Gag Reels" and "Deleted Scenes" which are 8 files that total 2.22GB in size. It's not just with this disc either. It did the same thing on Season 5 Disc 6. It also ignores all the m2ts files that are part of the "Episodic Promo" on every disc.

All of what I just named on the Star Trek discs don't correspond with what you told me in the quote above.

I wouldn't be bringing this up but there's just too many times that this happens for it to not be a bug. I'm thinking that many users don't even look in the STREAM folder to even see if BD Rebuilder is detecting all their files properly which is why this issue has been lingering around the entire time as it's not a new bug. Like I said before, switching to BD9 detects A LOT more (if not all) of the files than when it's on a BD25 backup.

If you want to fix this bug I can help assist you with it by providing you with the necessary source material to do tests on. PM me if you wish to proceed with this so that it can be arranged.

BTW, I'm aware that you want to work on full 3D disc backup but I can't see how you can go on further developing full 3D disc backup when full 2D disc backup doesn't work correctly as this bug will certainly carry on into that process.

Update: An interesting find that might help you diagnose this issue. When BD Rebuilder is set to BD9 it'll see the files that were ignored in the BD25 setting but it won't allow you to blank them as the option is grayed out. Anything that BD Rebuilder shows in the BD25 setting can be blanked in the BD9 setting but the files that were ignored in BD25 setting don't have this option in the BD9 setting.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 8th March 2014 at 19:19.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 20:58   #19508  |  Link
DoctorM

@Audiophile1178 - Check the file sizes of the missing m2ts files. If they are under 100mb they are not processed. You can adjust for this by setting MIN_M2TS_SIZE= to a lower number in the .INI. The number is expressed in Mb, so the default is 100.

For BD5 and BD9 they must be processed to be AVCHD compliant, which is not the case for BD25.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 21:13   #19509  |  Link
Capsbackup

While I don't entirely agree with you about this, I do find quite regularily some small files, usually warnings, etc... that I am not able to blank.
Some mpls files associated with the m2ts file are just not present in BD-RB to blank.
However, BDInfo shows the mpls/m2ts files as well as multiAVCHD. So I can blank the files with either multiAVCHD, or manually with BDEdit.
I have always wondered what "threshold" BD-RB uses for detection of extremely small files, such as 0 to .05 second warnings and the like.
But I will agree that setting MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0 or MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=0 does not display every mpls/m2ts file present on any given Blu-ray disc.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 21:28   #19510  |  Link
Audiophile1178

@DoctorM, thank you for the reply but in my previous replies regarding this issue I've stated that I've already set:

MIN_M2TS_SIZE=1
MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=1

in the ini file. The files that BD Rebuilder is ignoring range from 92 MB in size all the way up to 420 MB. The majority of them are in the 300-420 MB size range.
Old 8th March 2014, 21:40   #19511  |  Link
jdobbs

Look at the files. If they have no video, are stills, contain IGS, or BD-RB sees them as menu items -- BD-RB does not redo them in BD-25 mode. You can force the IGS encodes by setting IGS_ENABLE=1 (but that is still test code). The menu files will show up in BD-9 (because they have to or might fail due to bitrate). The others won't show up in BD-9 either.
Old 8th March 2014, 22:17   #19512  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Look at the files. If they have no video, are stills, contain IGS, or BD-RB sees them as menu items -- BD-RB does not redo them in BD-25 mode. You can force the IGS encodes by setting IGS_ENABLE=1 (but that is still test code). The menu files will show up in BD-9 (because they have to or might fail due to bitrate). The others won't show up in BD-9 either.
The bonus content that BD Rebuilder is ignoring is non of the above content. They are blooper or deleted scene files so they contain moving images, sound and are not main menu items. I'm not sure about IGS though as I don't know what that is other than it stands for Independent Graphic Streams. Can you tell me how to determine if the bonus content is IGS?

The funny thing is that all the delete scenes get ignored except for one of them. I don't know what's so special about that one file and why it chooses to see that one and ignore the rest of the delete scene material.

FWIW, I also tried IGS_ENABLE=1 and it still ignores those files so I'm thinking that they're not IGS files but don't know for sure.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 8th March 2014 at 22:28.
Old 8th March 2014, 22:20   #19513  |  Link
Shuttle99

@jdobbs This has not been a problem until this new version 46.14 something has changed because I compared setup in both and they are the same. I always backup a movie even if it is just one movie using "batch backup" because I need the output file the be renamed to 00000.m2ts if I just do a backup the output files keeps the same number as the input. I have a Panasonic BD Player if that helps, I just ran a batch backup on a single movie and and the output file now is keeping the same number name as the input which the player says unsupported dvd I reran the same movie with 46.13 and the output file renames itself to 00000.m2ts. Can you look into why this is changing now.
Thanks
Shuttle99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 22:41   #19514  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
@jdobbs This has not been a problem until this new version 46.14 something has changed because I compared setup in both and they are the same. I always backup a movie even if it is just one movie using "batch backup" because I need the output file the be renamed to 00000.m2ts if I just do a backup the output files keeps the same number as the input. I have a Panasonic BD Player if that helps, I just ran a batch backup on a single movie and and the output file now is keeping the same number name as the input which the player says unsupported dvd I reran the same movie with 46.13 and the output file renames itself to 00000.m2ts. Can you look into why this is changing now.
Thanks
I think you're mistaken. A movie-only encode will always output to a 00000.m2ts file either way. If it is a full backup it is always be named the same as the original whether batch or not. It has always worked that way.

There are some very old versions of TSMUXER that will name movie-only files as 00001.m2ts. But you shouldn't be using one of those with BD-RB.

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th March 2014 at 22:52.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 22:44   #19515  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
The bonus content that BD Rebuilder is ignoring is non of the above content. They are blooper or deleted scene files so they contain moving images, sound and are not main menu items. I'm not sure about IGS though as I don't know what that is other than it stands for Independent Graphic Streams. Can you tell me how to determine if the bonus content is IGS?

The funny thing is that all the delete scenes get ignored except for one of them. I don't know what's so special about that one file and why it chooses to see that one and ignore the rest of the delete scene material.

FWIW, I also tried IGS_ENABLE=1 and it still ignores those files so I'm thinking that they're not IGS files but don't know for sure.

Thank you for your help!
What disc are you attempting to back up? I can try to find it locally, and see if BD-RB is seeing those files as menus. Can you post your config/ini file so I can make sure I using the same settings?

Also, are you absolutely positive you have MIN_M2TS_SIZE set to 0 in the config?

Last edited by jdobbs; 8th March 2014 at 22:48.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 22:53   #19516  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
What disc are you attempting to back up? I can try to find it locally, and see if BD-RB is seeing those files as menus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiophile1178 View Post
Jdobbs, I mean this in the most respectful way. I can assure you that BD Rebuilder has bugs in detecting m2ts files to encode. First, it's missing numerous files on X-Files discs but some of those files were still images so I'll give you that. Now, I'm working on Star Trek TNG Season 4 Disc 6 and it's missing m2ts files that are link to "Gag Reels" and "Deleted Scenes" which are 8 files that total 2.22GB in size. It's not just with this disc either. It did the same thing on Season 5 Disc 6. It also ignores all the m2ts files that are part of the "Episodic Promo" on every disc.
I mentioned it before but maybe it was overlooked so I made the relevant info in red. I'm currently working on TNG Season 4 Disc 6 but I believe that Season 5 disc 6 also had the same issues and that any of the last disc of each season will probably produce similar problems.

I realize that TNG is not everyones cup of tea which is why I can send you the necessary files for testing purposes. As said before, PM me if you're interested.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 8th March 2014 at 23:05.
Old 8th March 2014, 22:58   #19517  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Also, are you absolutely positive you have MIN_M2TS_SIZE set to 0 in the config?
I usually set everything to 1 but I tried 0 with no change. I've been using MIN_M2TS_SIZE=1 for as long as I can remember and recently implemented MIN_PLAYLIST_MINS=1 as well.

FWIW, I looked at the playlists in BDedit and don't see anything different from the playlists that BD Rebuilder sees vs. the ones that it doesn't see other than the normal stuff such as timecodes (Times IN and Out) and chapters.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 8th March 2014 at 23:04.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:03   #19518  |  Link
Shuttle99

@jdobbs

I hear what you are saying about it always being 00000.m2ts in batch back up and it always has until this new version and the movie "About time" I did movie only in bd5 and bd9 and input was 00023.m2ts and both files in bd5 and bd9 batch kept the 00023 number and did not rename them. on the final output to be burned I just looked at both output stream directories and they were both 00023.m2ts and when I converted them I did both in batch backup like I always have I am converting the movie only in 46.13 to see if the final output renames it correctly and I will let you know if it does or doesn't, like you said maybe its the original making this happen with this movie. Just another quick question do you have any plans to incorporate using video GPU for faster processing or is there a reason that you can;t use GPU? Thanks again. And one more thing should this happen again instead of running the whole conversion over is there a way to edit and rename any files to make it work?

Last edited by Shuttle99; 8th March 2014 at 23:05.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:10   #19519  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuttle99 View Post
And one more thing should this happen again instead of running the whole conversion over is there a way to edit and rename any files to make it work?
Method #1:
Pop the playlist from the encoded disc that's located in BDMV\PLAYLIST\ folder into tsMuxeR then go to the Blu-ray tab and make sure "First m2ts file" says 0. Then select AVCHD radio button and pick a destination directory. After that hit the "Start_muxing" button at the bottom. It should only take a few mins to process and you're done. Once tsMuxeR finishes you can go into the destination BDMV\STREAM folder and the file should be 00000.m2ts.

Method #2:
Alternatively, you can rename the m2ts and clpi files in the STREAM AND CLIPINF folders then load the disc in BDedit and modify the playlist m2ts from 00023 (in this case) to 00000 then click save at the bottom left. This won't require any processing but will require that you understand BDedit.

Method #1 is simpler for people that don't know how to use BDedit.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 8th March 2014 at 23:28.
Old 8th March 2014, 23:23   #19520  |  Link
Shuttle99

@Audiophile1178

Thanks for the info I will test it on my current problem.