Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 27th March 2019, 21:45   #55521  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'Hadum View Post
Is it possible to pass any of the madvr variables to a batch file
Nope.
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 09:06   #55522  |  Link
jmone

Thanks! Changing VSYNC to "ON" fixed the issue on my RTX2070. Windowed Mode now works perfectly!

Last edited by jmone; 28th March 2019 at 09:37.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 09:39   #55523  |  Link
jmone

...and using the same madVR tweaked custom settings I posted earlier still works in giving me hours of no dropped/repeated frames with my X7500 PJ.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 09:54   #55524  |  Link
nghiabeo20

Sorry, I'm late. Could anyone please confirm that the new Envy is a hardware? I thought it would be a complete rewrite for madVR!
nghiabeo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 10:23   #55525  |  Link
huhn

go to the link that'S all available informations.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 11:30   #55526  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
go to the link that'S all available informations.
Why do you use capital letters after an apostrophe, this concerns me more than Envy specs.
Old 28th March 2019, 11:42   #55527  |  Link
ryrynz

English isn't his first language. Envy is OT, search the thread if anyone has questions.
Old 28th March 2019, 11:54   #55528  |  Link
curael

Hi MadVR folks!

Alright so, I just got done upgrading my rig. I did a brand new 1809 Win10 install, added my old RTX 2080, seated a 9600K i5 and 16 gigs of ram.
I then copied over my AppData folder for Kodi after installing the latest Kodi DSplayer installer.. And all settings are intact. How ever, I am getting insane stuttering in all my videos. No dropped frames, no repeated frames.. Just.. Stuttering! Like every 3rd second, the video stutters hard. And I can't see any indication of what does it. I'm on the newest NVIDIA driver so I suppose I could try rolling back to the previous one, which was what I ran on the old rig. Here's what I've tried so far from traversing this thread and the Kodi DSPlayer thread over at Kodi.tv:

I've taken off "Focus Assist" in Windows.
I've disabled the Game Bar in Windows.
I've set Exclusive Mode, which fixed it on my old rig with the RTX 2080.. - Then was suggested windowed mode with v-sync, still didn't work.
I've tried copy-back, D11.
Disabled DPI scaling for Kodi.exe just to be sure..
Disabled the "in-game overlay" from NVIDIA Experience.

CTRL + J reports everything fine and as it's always looked in MadVR. 20ms render time, no dropped ques or dropped frames.. Correct Hz on display and correct fps.. I still get judder.

I am honestly at a loss and it's SO annoying that a new build is actually performing worse than my 8 year old 3570K i5 build. I used to have no stuttering on the RTX 2080 as long as I enabled Fullscreen Exclusive, how ever, this is not doing it this time..

Any suggestions friends? Off the top of your head ofc. Anything you guys have tried that made it work?

/CuraeL
curael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 11:58   #55529  |  Link
madjock

Quote:
Originally Posted by curael View Post
so I suppose I could try rolling back to the previous one
Surely worth a try now ?
Old 28th March 2019, 12:45   #55530  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
I suppose I could try rolling back to the previous one
Why are you posting when you haven't even tried that? You could've done that in the time it took you to write that post :P
Old 28th March 2019, 12:45   #55531  |  Link
curael

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjock View Post
Surely worth a try now ?
Certainly! Will do when I get back from the office later on. I was just trying to pick your brains for other possible solutions.

I will report back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Why are you posting when you haven't even tried that? You could've done that in the time it took you to write that post :P
Thanks for your very helpful post. I will try it when I get home. I was trying to save some time by telling you guys what I have already done last night to combat the issue. I simply don't think rolling back will work as I'd assume most other RTX users on here are on the latest driver. So it wasn't the first thing I did. I configured Win10 and Kodi instead to see if I could fix the issue that way. There is of course the possibility that the current driver is the culprit, but I just can't deduct that from the current state of this thread in regards to RTX.

I'll get back to you.

/CuraeL

Last edited by curael; 28th March 2019 at 12:48.
Old 28th March 2019, 12:47   #55532  |  Link
ryrynz

Test with another media player as well. Given what you've changed already I'm not sure anyone is going to know what's causing it..
I think you got some good troubleshooting ahead of you.
Old 28th March 2019, 12:50   #55533  |  Link
curael

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Test with another media player as well. Given what you've changed already I'm not sure anyone is going to know what's causing it..
I think you got some good troubleshooting ahead of you.
I was afraid you'd say that. I'm gonna install MPC-BE when I get home and set up another set of LAV filters and see what happens. God I hate madVR when things go south. But I love it so much once it's actually stable on the build. I wouldn't want to live without it.

I'll surely troubleshoot. ^^,

Thanks again!
Old 28th March 2019, 13:20   #55534  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thighhighs View Post
https://miku.hatsune.my/potplayer-wi...usive-mode.jpg Screenshot from google. Try tick\untick some checkboxes from general settings section. Or if you on Win10 just use windowed mode and dont care about it.
which settings would even matter?

also is exclusive mode in Win10 known to be an issue?

Last edited by TheProfosist; 28th March 2019 at 15:29.
TheProfosist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 13:53   #55535  |  Link
Nicog

Quote:
Hi MadVR folks!

Alright so, I just got done upgrading my rig. I did a brand new 1809 Win10 install, added my old RTX 2080, seated a 9600K i5 and 16 gigs of ram.
I then copied over my AppData folder for Kodi after installing the latest Kodi DSplayer installer.. And all settings are intact. How ever, I am getting insane stuttering in all my videos. No dropped frames, no repeated frames.. Just.. Stuttering! Like every 3rd second, the video stutters hard. And I can't see any indication of what does it. I'm on the newest NVIDIA driver so I suppose I could try rolling back to the previous one, which was what I ran on the old rig. Here's what I've tried so far from traversing this thread and the Kodi DSPlayer thread over at Kodi.tv:

I've taken off "Focus Assist" in Windows.
I've disabled the Game Bar in Windows.
I've set Exclusive Mode, which fixed it on my old rig with the RTX 2080.. - Then was suggested windowed mode with v-sync, still didn't work.
I've tried copy-back, D11.
Disabled DPI scaling for Kodi.exe just to be sure..
Disabled the "in-game overlay" from NVIDIA Experience.

CTRL + J reports everything fine and as it's always looked in MadVR. 20ms render time, no dropped ques or dropped frames.. Correct Hz on display and correct fps.. I still get judder.

I am honestly at a loss and it's SO annoying that a new build is actually performing worse than my 8 year old 3570K i5 build. I used to have no stuttering on the RTX 2080 as long as I enabled Fullscreen Exclusive, how ever, this is not doing it this time..

Any suggestions friends? Off the top of your head ofc. Anything you guys have tried that made it work?

/CuraeL
For me with the 2 lasts drivers I have stuttering (419.67 / 419.35). The previous one from end of Feb is OK (417.xx).
Old 28th March 2019, 15:28   #55536  |  Link
TheProfosist

alright so I have made some progress I started by uninstalling, reinstalling, and reseting MPC-HC and madVR.

The stuttering has mostly been fixed I just get a little blip every now and then say every couple minutes at most. some time during fast actions or pans. I'm not using smooth motion just matching frame rate could this be buffer related? This seems more frequent than the 1 stutter every 4min or so that the madVR UI is suggesting.

I did fix exclusive mode as well.

both the stuttering and exclusive mode seem to have been related to having HDR enabled in Win10 at an OS level.

I have not yet tweaked scaling algorithms or anything like that yet. Just on default settings.

When playing back 4K HDR BD content I'm still getting stuttering on pans that should be smooth. This is with HDR turned off at the OS level and HDR set to pass through. Colors look very muted So I don't think it is actually doing HDR with this setup.

So its looking like most of my issues have been related to HDR.

Last edited by TheProfosist; 28th March 2019 at 15:33.
Old 28th March 2019, 15:50   #55537  |  Link
TheProfosist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicog View Post
I have same issue than you jmone (very painful with JVC Projector in HDR in FSE).

This tip, chros, I tried it also (vertical sync -> Fast + window overlay) : it has effectively killed the stuttering, but at the price of horrible tearings in the picture. Maybe some solutions exists to kills that, but I didn't found it.
looking like more HDR related issues then...

That setting was supposed to be flipped to on

I tried forced V-Sync with HDR content with HDR enabled at the OS level and still stuttered. I forced Vsync to On for MPC-HC as well as my madVR folder.

With these forced on and OS HDR disabled the playback is much less stutters but it is still stuttery and the colors are all muted so The display either sint getting HDR or doesn't know it is.

This testing was done playing back 4K HDR BD Content

Last edited by TheProfosist; 28th March 2019 at 15:53.
Old 28th March 2019, 16:38   #55538  |  Link
curael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicog View Post
For me with the 2 lasts drivers I have stuttering (419.67 / 419.35). The previous one from end of Feb is OK (417.xx).
Hell yee boiiii. 418.XX from the 13th of February is stutter free along with Fullscreen Exclusive!

GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL 418.91 February 13, 2019

Wooooohoooo we back! That smooth smooth playback.

Love ya'll! Thanks so much. To think a new driver once again broke stuff. My gosh.

Last edited by curael; 28th March 2019 at 17:23.
Old 28th March 2019, 17:57   #55539  |  Link
Klaus1189

Hi,
I don't have a Nvidia RTX but I am collecting driver related stuff here:
AMD, Intel and Nvidia driver issues and last recommended version
What driver exactly is the last one without stutters, so I can add this info for other RTX users.
See in the thread for the complete list of the drivers and its release date.
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2019, 18:17   #55540  |  Link
curael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
Hi,
I don't have a Nvidia RTX but I am collecting driver related stuff here:
AMD, Intel and Nvidia driver issues and last recommended version
What driver exactly is the last one without stutters, so I can add this info for other RTX users.
See in the thread for the complete list of the drivers and its release date.
This was the one I just installed. And I left out the first x19.xx cause I felt like 18 would be a better bet, from what I was advised in the previous post. (17.xx) Sorry, I'm not about to scuff my installation again by installing newer drivers. All I can say is that I'm on the 3rd latest driver and it works as expected for MadVR. Anything 19 is now something I'll stay away from. Madshi or NVIDIA will have to optimize. Given Madshi haven't released for a good while now, I reckon it'd have to be NVIDIA. Fat chance.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling