Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 1st March 2018, 00:03   #5121  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
Since it appears to be working quite well, do you have any plans to make the change(s) to the official builds?
It's planned - but need time to implement
Old 1st March 2018, 04:27   #5122  |  Link
wushantao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksoid1978 View Post
Don't confirm. Maybe subtitles embeded in video or use VSFilter.
i didn't use VSFilter,and there is a screen gif to show you(3.3MB)

http://p3.cdn.img9.top/ipfs/Qmd1S5vJ...ebGrnXkU?3.gif
wushantao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 04:44   #5123  |  Link
ryrynz

I had my File menu freezing the player, I went into the registry and deleted a key I think was called RecentFilesList (Not RecentFiles) and it's come right.
This key hasn't been recreated, any info about this?
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2018, 05:33   #5124  |  Link
Aleksoid1978

Show filters list.
Old 2nd March 2018, 10:18   #5125  |  Link
Zero3K

The developer of StreamBuffRe whom is making a plugin for it that uses MPC-BE for the viewing of streams/videos buffered by it has ran into some issues. They are as follows:

1. Starting multiple MPCs (Instead of starting a new instance, the old instance plays the new stream)
2. It seems not possible to change the player title (to show what the actual stream name is)

It would be nice if someone could tell me how to fix one/both of them and I'll let the developer know.
Zero3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 13:00   #5126  |  Link
mkver

Both of these things can be changed in the options (the "Player" tab of the options to be precise).
mkver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2018, 15:23   #5127  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkver View Post
Both of these things can be changed in the options (the "Player" tab of the options to be precise).
But is there a way to customize the title bar via the command line?

EDIT: There was a feature request for MPC-HC which requested the ability to use /title to change its title that never got implemented. Maybe the developer of MPC-BE could implement it soon.

Last edited by Zero3K; 2nd March 2018 at 19:33.
Old 2nd March 2018, 21:45   #5128  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

MPC-BE rotation of MKV

Thanks for having MPC-BE finally able to auto-rotate Matroska videos / MKV. It's a fantastic ability. I just downloaded and tested MPC-BE.1.5.2.3445.x64.

I often remux many videos of different formats into the MKV container so that I could embed an external XML rotation tag. For example, there are many videos which were shot sideways. Thus, I don't have to manually rotate those videos every time during playback. Thanks again!
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2018, 21:33   #5129  |  Link
Zero3K

Why is MPC-HC better at playing streams/videos located on the Internet than MPC-BE? Shouldn't MPC-BE be as good or better than MPC-HC when it comes to playing them?
Old 4th March 2018, 22:46   #5130  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero3K View Post
Why is MPC-HC better at playing streams/videos located on the Internet than MPC-BE? Shouldn't MPC-BE be as good or better than MPC-HC when it comes to playing them?
Please be more precise. An example stream can help the devs to reproduce your problem and fix it.
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2018, 00:16   #5131  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
Please be more precise. An example stream can help the devs to reproduce your problem and fix it.
I am using StreamBuffre's (http://streambuffre.com) MPC-HC/MPC-BE plugin to play Twitch Streams/VODs. You can get it at https://github.com/Felmachersoft/Str...r/experimental (it requires a paid license for StreamBuffRe).
Old 6th March 2018, 02:45   #5132  |  Link
Zero3K

Has anyone else experienced the problems that I have noticed when using what I mentioned?
Old 6th March 2018, 11:41   #5133  |  Link
nussman

Your problem is this?
Quote:
Why is MPC-HC better at playing streams/videos located on the Internet than MPC-BE?
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 15:20   #5134  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by nussman View Post
Your problem is this?
Yes. That is my problem.
Old 6th March 2018, 15:29   #5135  |  Link
nussman

Do you think this is a helpful report?
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 16:37   #5136  |  Link
v0lt

MPC-BE does not support any plug-ins.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 17:24   #5137  |  Link
Klaus1189

Quote:
I am using StreamBuffre's (http://streambuffre.com) MPC-HC/MPC-BE plugin to play Twitch Streams/VODs. You can get it at https://github.com/Felmachersoft/Str...r/experimental (it requires a paid license for StreamBuffRe).
What is exactly your problem? What doesn't work like you want it to? image quality, audio quality, buffering behavior, ......
Klaus1189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2018, 19:52   #5138  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
What is exactly your problem? What doesn't work like you want it to? image quality, audio quality, buffering behavior, ......
The problems with StreamBuffRe's MPC-BE plugin are as follows:

1. Livestreams take some time to load sometimes
2. Closing MPC-BE directly makes it hang for a short time. (Could be an MPC-BE problem)
3. The "play in running player" option is not working as intended due to the way new streams are opened in MPC-BE.
4. The name of the stream is not shown in MPC-BEs title bar.
5. Resizing and moving player window can fail in certain cases (needs more testing to find which cases these are).
6. The end of Streams is not yet detected, could be problematic for auto play.
7. Setting another Audio device is possible but will most likely fail due to an MPC-BE specific error (at least on my machines...). Maybe I remove the setting from the PlayerProfile.
8. Closing MPC-BE can cause sending an invalid time for the current stream corrupting the Playlist entry and making it unplayable ( for now just remove and re-add the entry).
Old 6th March 2018, 19:54   #5139  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
MPC-BE does not support any plug-ins.
I know that. My issues are with StreamBuffre's plugin that uses MPC-BE for the playing of streams and videos handled by it.
Old 6th March 2018, 20:22   #5140  |  Link
Zero3K

Quote:
Only post something here if you are sure the problem is on StreamBuffRe and not MPCs side.

So far I figured the last one out and fixed it:

Closing MPC-BE can cause sending an invalid time for the current stream corrupting the Playlistentry and making it unplayable ( for now just remove and read the entry).

The others so far:

Livestreams take some time to load sometimes
Closing MPC-BE directly makes it hang for a short time. (Could be an MPC-BE problem)

Problems on MPC side, can't fix.

The "play in running player" option is not working as intendent due to the way new streams are opened in MPC-BE.

This can only be handled if MPCs slave mode is used which I haven't yet get to work.

The name of the stream is not shown in MPC-BEs title bar (could be fixed with the hack from above).

Will do the hack.

Resizing and moving player window can fail in certain cases (needs more testing to find which cases these are)

The actual reason is the web control of MPC is not responding (sometimes it works if you wait a bit, but in the end the only real fix is the usage of the slave mode)

The end of Streams is not yet detected, could be problematic for auto play.

Should be easy, just not done yet.

Settings another Audio device is possible but will most likely fail due to an MPC-BE specific error (at least on my machines...). Maybe I remove the setting from the PlayerProfile.

I don't see any way to handle this. The audio device can be changed when using the MPC Audio renderer, but I don't see a way to change it via remote control or starting parameter.
Is what the developer just posted regarding it.