Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 1st May 2017, 00:19   #241  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Yanak, as you mention MSU Old Cinema, I thought I would point something out, here:- https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1371376

Not good news I'm afraid, unless they have updated it.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 01:51   #242  |  Link
Yanak

Hi,
Took this example from the filters list but i have not tested through avisynth if it works or not, too late to make some tests now as it's almost 3am here but will give some tries tomorrow, thank you for pointing this.

It isn't the type of filter i use the most in virtualdub but still annoying if limited like you discovered, beside doing manually a lot of stuff in avisynth or using overlays there isn't really easy solutions to make footage look old and dirt in avisynth, more the contrary (even worse when it comes to import and apply easily some externally created or 3D LUT in some ways into avisynth, complete headache for those, when it could bring some really neat stuff )

Thanks for pointing this, will try a bit tomorrow but I'm afraid it have not changed since all those years, at least i will have time to elaborate a plan B for the next time i will need this .
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 02:01   #243  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

You can if necessary set up VDub as a frameserver and feed it into Avs.

Also, never used it but there is T3DLut:- https://www.google.co.uk/?gfe_rd=cr&...visynth+t3dlut

EDIT: I have a version of the plugin, if you cant find it.

EDIT: Old cinema is not so atypical of MSU filters, there is more than one that suffers from similar problems.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 1st May 2017 at 02:11.
Old 1st May 2017, 02:13   #244  |  Link
Yanak

I could never get the vdub frameserver to work under windows seven, this is another thing that could be updated and be very helpful .

Will check tomorrow for the plugin, quickly saw there was even a 64 bit version of it on the link but nothing to download there, will research tomorrow when my eyes won't be half close and if i have no luck i'll pm you about it, this gave me good hope, hopefully it will work.

Thank you very much for the help.
Old 1st May 2017, 02:26   #245  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Yanak, I was looking at your profile, to see what you were doing and clicked on what you were looking at, got this alert

No idea what that means but seems VERY suspicious to me, do not give any password, and change your password if you did give it,

by the way, if you just click the close box, nothing happens and you can view the pages that seem to be on Doom9.

HERE: Image:-

EDIT: SonyBiz.net seems to be SONY, but who knows (and why are they asking for Password) !!!

#################################################

Last edited by StainlessS; 16th July 2017 at 02:13.
Old 1st May 2017, 02:49   #246  |  Link
raffriff42
Retried Guesser

StainlessS, it does the same thing for me. It's the link below "this thing:" in the text. I reported it. (It ain't Yanak's fault!)
Safe "printable" view: https://forum.doom9.org/printthread.php?t=139389
raffriff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 02:57   #247  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Cheers Raff, have seen that before and had no idea what the cause was.

EDIT: So, it seems that it is just because someone inserted a link to a jpeg that happens to be on sony server.

Last edited by StainlessS; 1st May 2017 at 02:59.
Old 1st May 2017, 08:06   #248  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanak View Post
- Do you plan to add some kind of 3D LUT support so we could apply .cube or .3dl profiles directly to the videos ?
No plan

Quote:
- Will there be a way to import curve profiles from external programs a bit like the "Gradation Curves" plug-in used to do ( sadly i mostly use Gimp for curve and this format is not supported in this old plugin tho ).
To import where, into curves plugin? Again, no plan.

Quote:
- Will it be possible to add an option in the script editor to have an automatic return to the line so the stuff typed stays inside the window without the need to use the horizontal scroll to see the end of the line ?
This is really simple, probably.

Quote:
Let's say we have a new "Insert Filters parameters" , it could return something like this ( with comment at the start ) :
#"MSU Old cinema 2.0" (247, 223, 181, 0, 1, 0, 30, 70, 15, 3, 30, 10, 30, 150, 0, 1, 100)
I don't really want to mess with script editor, but what I may do is support copy and paste of filters, then this will allow to paste filters in any text editor.
(looking similar to vdscript commands)
Old 1st May 2017, 15:00   #249  |  Link
Yanak

@StainlessS :,
saw that just now, really weird, answered to your PM too but seems like my messages don't work, tried a few times but not sure if you gonna get it , sorry if it worked and comes in duplicates.

Found T3DLut plugin in x86 an x64 but this won't work as it supports only a very specific format ( sent more infos on this by PM but i don't know if you will receive it or not )

@raffriff42 : i think i recall you from encodingtalk forum unless it's another similar name, i am the guy who had issues with your frametime checker first versions as it wasn't French language aware

@shekh :
Thanks for the reply,

Import curves into the curves plugin yes, that was the idea, import external programs curves directly, well not gonna happen, but thanks for replying.

The changes to the text editor return to the line and possibility to copy the filter codes will be great already.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Yanak; 1st May 2017 at 15:08.
Old 1st May 2017, 16:25   #250  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Yup, I got all three of your PM's Yanak. PM'ed response.

Old 7th May 2017, 20:18   #251  |  Link
sneaker_ger

When setting x264 SAR and exporting to mkv the mkv video display width/height headers are not set appropriately.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2017, 20:28   #252  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
When setting x264 SAR and exporting to mkv the mkv video display width/height headers are not set appropriately.
Thanks. How do you know, from MediaInfo?
Old 7th May 2017, 20:41   #253  |  Link
sneaker_ger

MkvToolNix GUI Header editor or mkvinfo.
Old 7th May 2017, 20:44   #254  |  Link
sneaker_ger

On second look it's even worse:
1.) no mkv CodecPrivate written for integrated x264
2.) "DisplayUnit" is set to 4. Legal range is 0 to 3.

Same problem with MP4:
3.) Invalid AVCConfigurationBox.

Last edited by sneaker_ger; 7th May 2017 at 21:50.
Old 7th May 2017, 23:25   #255  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Actually, 4 is a valid value for "unknown", it was added in the recent standardization efforts of the Matroska specification.

https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matr...roska.xml#L388

... couldn't find a page where the recent spec is properly rendered on. <.<
Old 8th May 2017, 08:22   #256  |  Link
sneaker_ger

I see.
This part of the spec is interesting. The DAR when using DisplayUnit != 0 and DisplayWidth and DisplayHeight not set seems to be undefined.
Old 8th May 2017, 11:18   #257  |  Link
shekh

I guess there is probably some imperfection at stream level too, like avcc/annexb stuff or unnecessary headers... never planned to dig deep into specifications
Old 14th May 2017, 20:57   #258  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
On second look it's even worse:
1.) no mkv CodecPrivate written for integrated x264

Same problem with MP4:
3.) Invalid AVCConfigurationBox.
Should be much better with the new build 39460: aspect ratio certainly works, filled some missing headers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
In the good old VirtualDubMod, saving a screenshot of the currently displayed frame was so easy: Video » Snapshot source frame (Shift+1).

Trying the same in VDubFMod r38543 (32b) ... Video menu: No more matching entry. File menu: Export ... a submenu, that costs me precious time, unless there is a keyboard shortcut assigned; Single image ... no shortcut assigned yet, have to try to assign one later; click. Nothing happens?

Well, let's assign the shortcut. To File.SaveImage – seems valid. Test it ... nothing happens.

Let's try in VDubFMod r38544 (64b) ... pressing shortcut (was assigned for both versions, that's nice): OK, a dialog appears. Exporting a single image works. So it appears to be broken only in the 32b version.

Or is it? Trying again ... this time it works there as well?! Strange. A reliable bug could be found and fixed. But unreliable issues are the hardest.
Mystery solved! The picture was disappearing with most any command: just go to "frame rate" for example, press cancel and now you have "copy output" disabled.
I cant believe it was so simple
Old 14th May 2017, 21:22   #259  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I am impressed!

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 21:30   #260  |  Link
raffriff42
Retried Guesser

Hi shekh! When viewing a deep color image via AvisynthPlus, "copy output frame to clipboard" returns nothing but a black rectangle. Adding a ConvertFormat: RGB32 filter solves the problem.

Last edited by raffriff42; 14th May 2017 at 21:37.
raffriff42 is offline   Reply With Quote