Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 19th November 2017, 14:05   #5761  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Well, maybe I misinterpreted these brief reports.

Your analysis seems to suggest that MeGUI should "temporarily register AviSynth to the local copy" if AviSynth was not yet installed in the system? I hope I understood this time.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 14:12   #5762  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
Your analysis seems to suggest that MeGUI should "temporarily register AviSynth to the local copy" if AviSynth was not yet installed in the system?
Yes. Installing Avisynth is not necessary but these 3 entries must be there. Xvid will then use the standard Windows search hierarchy to look for avisynth.dll/devil.dll. However, auto-loading plugins will not work without additional registry entries.
Old 19th November 2017, 14:19   #5763  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

I guess these will have been redirected to MeGUI's selection while it is active, anyway.
_

P.S.: But that also means that making xvid_encraw use native AviSynth API would be quite an overhaul? That may not be worth the efforts, with an expectable obsolescence...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 19th November 2017 at 14:38.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 14:51   #5764  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
But that also means that making xvid_encraw use native AviSynth API would be quite an overhaul?
Definitely not worth it.
Old 19th November 2017, 15:10   #5765  |  Link
Zetti

eac3to v3.33 is released.

MKVToolNix v18.0.0 is released.
Zetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 18:08   #5766  |  Link
Zathor

My report in the other forum really was not very precise. But the reg keys pointed out by Groucho are the ones who have been reported missing by Process Monitor and after writing them everything is fine. MeGUI will now check first if those exist and if not it will create them (in the HKCU part). Directly after xvid starts they will be removed again.

These are the keys (stripped down to the bare minimum):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AVIFile\Extensions\avs]
@="{E6D6B700-124D-11D4-86F3-DB80AFD98778}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{E6D6B700-124D-11D4-86F3-DB80AFD98778}\InProcServer32]
@="avisynth.dll"
Code:
2779 [Xvid]                 added a workaround to be able to use Xvid in portable AviSynth mode
2778 [Chapter]              fixed non-ASCII handling (regression of 2753). bug #898
2777 [Settings]             changed the default value of "delete completed jobs" to be enabled
2776 [OneClick]             added support for MKV attachments. If the MKV source does have such attachments, it will be copied to the target MKV. feature request #617
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2017, 18:08   #5767  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetti View Post
eac3to v3.33 is released.

MKVToolNix v18.0.0 is released.
Thx, uploaded as well.
Old 19th November 2017, 18:24   #5768  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Thanks. I think I've still got a few requests waiting in the queue over there but I'll add some later.
I usually do not have much time and searching in threads and posts for a topic is very time consuming. E.g. your posts contain several items and it is quite hard to follow in a time efficient way (and therefore I postpone the answers and forgot then about them...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondjpg View Post
Was this question ever answered? I can't find it.

Regards

Edit: Looks like ability to change priority of indexer has been implemented in One-Click under the 'Other' tab.
No, it has not been implemented for the file indexer.

With the recent issue posts about lsmash I think about to move the default priority back to ffms.
Old 19th November 2017, 19:46   #5769  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
On the subject of indexing, when the output folder is something other than the input folder, MeGUI no longer deletes the lsmash index file from the source directory after copying it to the output directory. Was that an intentional change?
Sort of - it will only be deleted if "delete intermediate files" is enabled. While thinking about it, as it is copied I believe the original file can be deleted in any case. I will change it.
Old 19th November 2017, 22:37   #5770  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2784 [AVS Script Creator]   fixed DirectShowSource/AVISource not available if the portable AviSynth is used. bug #896
                            DirectShowSource/AVISource are disabled by default and have to be enabled in the MeGUI settings
2783 [AVS Script Creator]   improved the file extension filters of the "video input" file open dialogue
2782 [L-SMASH Indexer]      delete always the index file after it has been copied (and not only when "delete intermediate files" is selected)
2781 [Settings]             removed "improved AVS opening" setting. It is now always enabled.
2780 [Update]               removed the abort button
Old 20th November 2017, 08:38   #5771  |  Link
Zetti

eac3to v3.34 is released.
Zetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2017, 19:03   #5772  |  Link
Zathor

Thanks, but I will wait for 3.35:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...50#post1824950
3.33 seems to be fine for the MeGUI functions used for the moment.
Old 21st November 2017, 10:49   #5773  |  Link
Morku

There are also new LAME binaries: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

EDIT:
Bug:

Since Build 2784 (propably 2783) I can't select *.mpls files in the AVS script creator at video input as "All supported files". I have to change to "All files(*.*)"

Last edited by Morku; 21st November 2017 at 15:07.
Morku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2017, 20:43   #5774  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morku View Post
Thanks, I will have a look.

Quote:
Since Build 2784 (propably 2783) I can't select *.mpls files in the AVS script creator at video input as "All supported files". I have to change to "All files(*.*)"
Not really a bug, but a good catch! Before *.* was preselected which allowed also to select totally wrong files.
MPLS is also not in the default file open filter of the file indexer. Are there any other filters missing?
Old 21st November 2017, 21:10   #5775  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
lame.exe in both versions (32/64) is detected as a virus by my virus scanner. this will only be a false alert very likely based on reputation - however if I upload it MeGUI will also get a bad reputation score as it is downloading such a thing. Therefore I will not update it for the moment.
Old 21st November 2017, 21:31   #5776  |  Link
Morku

Thats weird. I use Windows Defender and it's not detecting a virus. Also virustotal gives a good reputation: https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/3...is/1511295863/

If not a bug, can I change the behaviour to make "All files (*.*)" as default? Since DGIndexNV supports mpls files, I prefer this way over finding out the m2ts files (especially when the movie is parted in many m2ts files).
Old 21st November 2017, 21:43   #5777  |  Link
Barough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
lame.exe in both versions (32/64) is detected as a virus by my virus scanner. this will only be a false alert very likely based on reputation - however if I upload it MeGUI will also get a bad reputation score as it is downloading such a thing. Therefore I will not update it for the moment.
It's a false positive and nothing to worry about. Have used the lame.exe's from Rarewares on 4 different computers with 3 different AV's (2 x Avira, Comodo, Bitdefender) and non of these detects anything. I don't see how MeGUI would get a bad rep due to using good lame.exe compiles.
Care to tell what AV your using Zathor?

Sent from my SM-G935F via Tapatalk
Old 21st November 2017, 21:43   #5778  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
If not a bug, can I change the behaviour to make "All files (*.*)" as default? Since DGIndexNV supports mpls files, I prefer this way over finding out the m2ts files (especially when the movie is parted in many m2ts files).
No, that was the reason for the change. *.* does catch all files and therefore also exe, bat, cmd, txt, ... so that mpls has been left out is a mistake but it has also been left out in the file indexer.

Btw why do you open the mpls in AVS Creator? Why not directly with file indexer / oneclick?
Old 21st November 2017, 22:04   #5779  |  Link
Morku

Uh, good question. I have never tried the One Click before, so I use the "manual way" for years. I use AVS Creator to index the file and crop if necessary, "HD streams extractor" to get subtitles and audio. Convert audio with a bat, convert subs with SubtitleEdit and after all bring together with MeGUI. But I will have a look into the One Click Encoder
Old 21st November 2017, 22:29   #5780  |  Link
Zathor

OK, but then AVS Script Creator will just open the File Indexer, a bit faster would be to open directly the file indexer.
I will implement MPLS support in the same way as with IFO so that also the other indexers will work. DGIndexIM/NV will directly use the mpls, for the others eac3to will demux it.