Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 20th November 2018, 23:13   #81  |  Link
NikosD

New versions from Rigaya for everything:
NVenc, QSVenc and even VCEenc.
Old 21st November 2018, 00:00   #82  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
# Removed from VCEEnc

--check-vce --avvce

# New Switches:

--avhw --check-hw
Other Two Encoders: Nothing, VCEEnc just renamed the functions, That's all that seemed to changed with regard to StaxRip functions.
Old 21st November 2018, 05:58   #83  |  Link
frenchfries

I think there is an issue with version 2.0 beta 2 and bringing up the quicksync settings.

"------------------------------ Exception ------------------------------

System.Exception: key found twice: --pic-struct
at StaxRip.CommandLineForm..ctor(CommandLineParams params)
at StaxRip.QSVEnc.ShowConfigDialog()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Hopefully an easy fix for beta 3.

If you'd prefer I can submit a report via guthub but I don't have an account so I'd have to create one.
Old 21st November 2018, 07:06   #84  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfries View Post
I think there is an issue with version 2.0 beta 2 and bringing up the quicksync settings.

"------------------------------ Exception ------------------------------

System.Exception: key found twice: --pic-struct
at StaxRip.CommandLineForm..ctor(CommandLineParams params)
at StaxRip.QSVEnc.ShowConfigDialog()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)"

Hopefully an easy fix for beta 3.

If you'd prefer I can submit a report via guthub but I don't have an account so I'd have to create one.
Already Been fixed, Still not sure why VS didn't see that and stop the output.
Old 21st November 2018, 07:42   #85  |  Link
AntiqueRefrigerator

Windows 10 Long Filename / Pathname support?

Hi. How hard would it be to add long pathname support to Staxrip? I occasionally get errors due to long path names, which requires me to move the file to the a folder such as T:\Temp\File.mkv - This will defeat the errors caused by long path names.

Is the error being caused by Staxrip or MKVToolnix, or Avisynth?

I apologize for not keeping a screenshot or a log of the error. If you insist, I can recreate the error by just putting an MKV into a long filename path for you.

Also thank you for making this program.

Hope you consider!
Old 21st November 2018, 17:36   #86  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiqueRefrigerator View Post
Hi. How hard would it be to add long pathname support to Staxrip? I occasionally get errors due to long path names, which requires me to move the file to the a folder such as T:\Temp\File.mkv - This will defeat the errors caused by long path names.

Is the error being caused by Staxrip or MKVToolnix, or Avisynth?

I apologize for not keeping a screenshot or a log of the error. If you insist, I can recreate the error by just putting an MKV into a long filename path for you.

Also thank you for making this program.

Hope you consider!
, I seen someone doesn't read the Changelogs. LongPath support was added long ago. But your OS has to support it and you must Enable it. With that being Said I have no idea if MKVTool supports it or not.

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem > Enable NTFS long paths

Code:
 <longPathAware xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings">true</longPathAware>
As you see the Reference is there with support of dealing with long paths. Not going post that code since it's a bit lengthy.

Last edited by Revan654; 21st November 2018 at 17:45.
Old 24th November 2018, 12:15   #87  |  Link
DaMacFunkin

Hi, what settings would you recommend for 2160 10 bit HDR hevc to 1080 10 bit HDR hevc with nvenc?
Thanks for any help given.
Old 24th November 2018, 22:22   #88  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem > Enable NTFS long paths
Nice info!
I had the same issue but I was afraid to ask
Old 26th November 2018, 12:59   #89  |  Link
maupassant

I have problems when using the AVS noise filter called mClean :

Error Video encoding using x264 2935 (2.0)

Video encoding using x264 2935 failed with exit code: -1073741819 (0xC0000005)

The exit code might be a system error code: The instruction at 0xp referenced memory at 0xp. The memory could not be s.

-------------------- Video encoding using x264 2935 --------------------

C:\STAXRIP\Apps\x264\x264.exe --crf 21 --tune film --output-depth 10 --psy-rd 1:0 --deblock 0:0 --output "C:\File test_temp\File test_out.h264" "C:\File test_temp\File test.avs"

StaxRip.ErrorAbortException: Video encoding using x264 2935 failed with exit code: -1073741819 (0xC0000005)

The exit code might be a system error code: The instruction at 0xp referenced memory at 0xp. The memory could not be s.

-------------------- Video encoding using x264 2935 --------------------

C:\STAXRIP\Apps\x264\x264.exe --crf 21 --tune film --output-depth 10 --psy-rd 1:0 --deblock 0:0 --output "C:\File test_temp\File test_out.h264" "C:\File test_temp\File test.avs"

at StaxRip.Proc.Start()
at StaxRip.x264Enc.Encode(String passName, String commandLine, ProcessPriorityClass priority)
at StaxRip.x264Enc.Encode()
at StaxRip.GlobalClass.ProcessVideo()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Parallel.<>c__DisplayClass4_0.<Invoke>b__0()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at StaxRip.GlobalClass.ProcessJob(String jobPath)
Old 26th November 2018, 18:21   #90  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupassant View Post
snip
mClean on AVS side has always been PIA, It's always been one way or the other, it works or it doesn't. Try the VS version it works allot better.

I didn't create the AVS Script Not sure what the core issue is, It would be better to ask in the AVS mClean Thread. Maybe the Dev can pin point what the issue is if he's still around.
Old 27th November 2018, 18:51   #91  |  Link
bin.n2f

staxrip interface

hi

is there a way i can adjust staxtip's interface
iam using dark theme windows
https://ibb.co/g6JnCXr
also in high contrast the progress text also hard to visible
Old 28th November 2018, 04:06   #92  |  Link
maupassant

Quote:
mClean on AVS side has always been PIA, It's always been one way or the other, it works or it doesn't. Try the VS version it works allot better.
Thanks. But there's no mClean for VS ? Unless you know of something equivalent ?
Old 28th November 2018, 04:25   #93  |  Link
suprasaiyan123

could someone please provide some good settings to use with Hable, or Reinhard HDR>SDR conversion? Im having an issue with these two filters being unable to preserve details with lighter colors, where as MADVR looks absolutely gorgeous while preserving white detail, and also having deep colors. Here is an example, http://https://imgur.com/a/kEdOlGU any help is appreciated! thanks

Last edited by suprasaiyan123; 28th November 2018 at 08:19.
Old 28th November 2018, 19:13   #94  |  Link
Khun_Doug

Maupassant, I too am a big fan of mClean. I have a fondness for older movies, including B&W that date back into the late 1930's and forward. Obvious with these, even being digitized, they just have a lot of noise. The B&W films tend to have contrast variations in the scenes, including areas such as faces. None of the filters I tried was able to handle these artifacts as well as mClean. SMderain is the closest.

I tried the VS port of mClean and find it unusable. My observations are that the VS port is considerably slower and consumes a tremendous amount of CPU. The output was noticeably soft, almost as though everything was blurred because it was so soft. I use the default settings, same as I do for the AVS version. It saturated all cores on the PC and then was slow to step forward screen by screen. I'm using an I7-6850K with 6 cores, 12 threads. The VS port is not usable for me.

My suggestion is to use something like AVSPmod (I think that is the name of the editor) and build your own script there. Once you have the script done, use something like Virtualdub or Virtualdub2 to write the output file as an uncompressed (lossless) file. Yes, the output file will be large, perhaps 150 GB or more. But then you can process that using Staxrip and do a 2 pass or even 3 pass encode. In the instances where I just couldn't get Staxrip to handle the initial steps, I used this approach and it worked well.

If you need some sample AVS scripts, I can provide some examples to get you going. All the filters and plug-ins are freeware.
Old 28th November 2018, 20:55   #95  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by maupassant View Post
Thanks. But there's no mClean for VS ? Unless you know of something equivalent ?
Yes there is. It's Already part of the Context Menu.

Old 28th November 2018, 21:21   #96  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun_Doug View Post

I tried the VS port of mClean and find it unusable. My observations are that the VS port is considerably slower and consumes a tremendous amount of CPU. The output was noticeably soft, almost as though everything was blurred because it was so soft. I use the default settings, same as I do for the AVS version. It saturated all cores on the PC and then was slow to step forward screen by screen. I'm using an I7-6850K with 6 cores, 12 threads. The VS port is not usable for me.
There been a few changes to mClean, I tried to get mClean into StaxRip when the script was first released. It would just crash StaxRip (Since the Script crashed VS forcing VS to kill it's Process). It was only recently added (about a month ago). Since it's finally in a state where it's usable.

mClean is actually more Usable in VS then AVS, Since Half the time mClean Script would just fail to load the dll recources. It's why you get a black screen or access error at times when using mClean.

Quote:
I'm using an I7-6850K with 6 cores, 12 threads
It's more dependent on System Memory & the Ghz feq of the CPU then the Core count(The Core Count Does Help, at some point your returns can become moot due to coding of the Encoder).
It's why you see an i7 out perform an i9 in Encoding area.

Certain Software Encoders only Support up to x amount of Cores. EX: HandBrake with Libs they use, Max usage is 6 Cores. Allot of features of HandBrake are just stuck in the past.

StaxRip Does not lock the core usage.

Quote:
Once you have the script done, use something like Virtualdub or Virtualdub2 to write the output file as an uncompressed (lossless) file. Yes, the output file will be large, perhaps 150 GB or more.
No Need to output into to uncompressed, Just use VDUb FrameServer Feature and import the vdr file into StaxRip.

It Fully works with StaxRip(Including Audio (Need to Enable Audio in the AVS Filter)).

-----

vdr is mainly designed for AVS Side, Since VS doesn't have any good audio filters to work with the Script.

Lastly don't forget VS has the ability to import AVS Scripts\filters into VS Script.

--------

Since Every source is unique you have to play around with the filters to see whats works.

Allot of times it becomes a Push & Pull situation. You may clean up one area but adds issues to a different area. Like Sharpeners adding Aliasing issues.

Don't be afraid to Convert it to 16Bit and use Dither Filters.
Old 28th November 2018, 21:34   #97  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by bin.n2f View Post
hi

is there a way i can adjust staxtip's interface
iam using dark theme windows
https://ibb.co/g6JnCXr
also in high contrast the progress text also hard to visible
Interface yes, I think you mean is there a way to add Theme colors to StaxRip. Answer: No. Since Coding would need to be altered across all the forms and alter the Colors in design mode for each form.

VS 2017 Darker Color Forms don't look that great, Not without using custom Draw feature.
Old 29th November 2018, 08:48   #98  |  Link
maupassant

Quote:
Yes there is. It's Already part of the Context Menu.

Not in mine.
I'm using StaxRip 2.0 Beta 2 with new Dotnet.
Attached Images

Old 29th November 2018, 09:12   #99  |  Link
maupassant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun_Doug View Post
Maupassant, I too am a big fan of mClean. I have a fondness for older movies, including B&W that date back into the late 1930's and forward. Obvious with these, even being digitized, they just have a lot of noise. The B&W films tend to have contrast variations in the scenes, including areas such as faces. None of the filters I tried was able to handle these artifacts as well as mClean. SMderain is the closest.

My suggestion is to use something like AVSPmod (I think that is the name of the editor) and build your own script there. Once you have the script done, use something like Virtualdub or Virtualdub2 to write the output file as an uncompressed (lossless) file. Yes, the output file will be large, perhaps 150 GB or more. But then you can process that using Staxrip and do a 2 pass or even 3 pass encode. In the instances where I just couldn't get Staxrip to handle the initial steps, I used this approach and it worked well.

If you need some sample AVS scripts, I can provide some examples to get you going. All the filters and plug-ins are freeware.
Indeed, mClean is great for old B&W movies. I use it in combination with AutoGain (with AutoWhite included). It can perform miracles. I'll keep your offer in mind. Thank you.
Old 29th November 2018, 16:18   #100  |  Link
Khun_Doug

I stopped using the newer builds of StaxRip and have stayed with 1.7.0.6 for handling the encodes that need mClean. I updated all the plug-ins to the latest, including choosing the options with AVX2 support, when that is available. I only use the 64 bit version of AVSPmod and VirtualDub2, and obviously StaxRip is 64 bit. I did forget to mention that I also use PreFetch of 8. That value will need to change depending on your CPU. That moves it along quite nicely. This is all done with AVS. What I noticed with the VS version of mClean was it immediately saturated all processors and the screens rendered so slow, perhaps 1 1/2 per second. I want to emphasize the marked difference in defaults in VS to AVS. In AVS you can hold the step forward button and the video updates fast enough that it looks like a motion picture. The same evaluation in VS renders updates so slowly, all while saturating the CPU. And the filter completely softened the image. The ability to see individual strands of hair disappears, that's how much detail is lost. And this test was done within the last month, and using StaxRip 2.0.0.0. Incidentally, I am a Python code writer so I know my version of Python is working properly.

I just figure that until I need HDR support I will stay with rev 1.7.0.6 and maintain the plug-ins myself. It's easy enough to update x265. Since the filters I need are already working, there isn't any reason to fuss with it. I'll let version 2.xxxx move along until I move into stuff that needs HDR and then revisit the issues at that point.

I will say I am pleased to no end to see StaxRip staying alive. The effort is greatly appreciated.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265