Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 5th August 2019, 14:07   #57041  |  Link
huhn

your first link talks about 10 bit banding with your own words.

bit deep has nothing to do with the issues it happens an all application all screen all bit deeps we only found one workaround and that's d3d9 overlay which ignores the WDDM.

we have two reports that 18941 doesn't have the issue but that's not enough to call it fixed in that version yet.

if you think or if they fixed it for you test it and report that and but don't claim they fixed it because you read a line about 10 bit banding so it has to be that issues.

not saying they haven't fixed it yet just saying none has confirmed it.

or do it like this does KB4505903 and/or KB4501375 fix the issue can someone confirm that?

but don't come in like i have no banding so there is no banding...
do you even know the requirements to trigger the system wide banding on 1903?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 14:20   #57042  |  Link
Wull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
Since your display supports HDR you would need to set madVR to convert to SDR using pixel shader math all the time.
Thanks to all the above. I now understand the differences between HDR & SDR

Yep, I own a projector. The reason for this question was to see what my options are. Basically I’ve been using to great effect madVR’s zoom for movies that have IMAX presentation. So I was thinking of forgoing HDR in favor of zoom.

As my projector doesn’t have the blanking feature like the JVC’s, I see my only options now are either to watch Blu-ray IMAX presentations/zoom or use the projectors zoom to shrink the IMAX image to fit my screen. Or I could just overspill, which looks rubbish.

Anyone using JRiver/madVR - HDR pixel shader with a gtx1080?

Last edited by Wull; 24th August 2019 at 18:08.
Wull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 14:30   #57043  |  Link
mrmojo666

IMO you just like to blame something.

Are you using 1903 with proper hotfix ? are you still having banding ?

If you answer NO at the first question for sure you must stop talking about it.

I read a lot of blaming words from you but you never cleared if you have tried 1903 with hotfix or not.

If you are using 1903 with hotfix and you still having banding, as you like to say for the opposite, that is not proving at all is a windows problem, but we can talk about it to try to understand the point.

So keep saying it's not fixed because you didn't tried is unfair and childish.

I have 1903 with hotfix and no banding. i know that my experience (and there is another user with the same experience) not prove anything. But at least I've tried and i can talk about my experience.

What piss me off if this blaming that you and others keep to do all the time, in the past was on AMD cards, now it's on win10 ..tomorrow what it will be ?

If i was a new madvr user I would be scared to use it, reading your posts....

PS: this is my gut feeling, will all the respect for you guys
Mediaportal - Mpc-hc
MADVR-D3D11/10bit

Last edited by mrmojo666; 5th August 2019 at 14:56.
mrmojo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 15:01   #57044  |  Link
huhn

so you fixed a problem you never had? https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=56881
ironic isn't it.
Quote:
So keep saying it's not fixed because you didn't tried is unfair and childish.
but i'm childish for testing this properly?
just a reminder i didn't say this update doesn't fix it we have no one confirming it yet. i have a post where "there is no issue" and "look they fixed it" and "just google it" from you so?

and now this:
Quote:
I have 1903 with hotfix and no banding. i know that my experience (and there is another user with the same experience) not prove anything. But at least I've tried and i can talk about my experience.
if you really want to help confirm the requirements first to trigger the bug. don't blindly claim "my system is fine without understanding the issue/ having it" and don't claim it is fixed if you never confirmed to have it!
Quote:
If you answer NO at the first answer for sure you must stop talking about it.
sorry i'm on 18941 to test the issue i have to reinstall windows to go back to 1903. still communicating with other user about this problem BTW. https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...48#post1879948
feel free to join. but claiming i didn't test this is well just leave it at this...
Old 5th August 2019, 15:30   #57045  |  Link
mrmojo666

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
so you fixed a problem you never had? https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=56881
ironic isn't it.

but i'm childish for testing this properly?
just a reminder i didn't say this update doesn't fix it we have no one confirming it yet. i have a post where "there is no issue" and "look they fixed it" and "just google it" from you so?

and now this:

if you really want to help confirm the requirements first to trigger the bug. don't blindly claim "my system is fine without understanding the issue/ having it" and don't claim it is fixed if you never confirmed to have it!

sorry i'm on 18941 to test the issue i have to reinstall windows to go back to 1903. still communicating with other user about this problem BTW. https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...48#post1879948
feel free to join. but claiming i didn't test this is well just leave it at this...
you are talking about 1903 with hotfix without have tested with your hands ahahahahaha funny this does not look like a good testing, looks like more not testing at all

I have posted as other user did to share my experience, i posted link to a MS hotfix that should fix it (for the sake of trying to help), you said that hotfix is for other issues and actually you were wrong. sorry but what does make you think you are more credible than MS ?

And now you are telling lies , saying that i said there is no issue because i haven't had the issue ? that is not true.

You like to blame that's all. and in this way you are not providing a good service to madvr.

And if you want to close this pointless discussion, i think we make a favor to all the thread.
Mediaportal - Mpc-hc
MADVR-D3D11/10bit
mrmojo666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 16:53   #57046  |  Link
huhn

every one can read your posts just saying.
Old 5th August 2019, 20:00   #57047  |  Link
el Filou

The '1903 banding issue' is not fixed yet, Microsoft is listing the general issue (of which the visible banding is only one effect) in the Windows 1903 official list of known issues, and the current status is still only 'mitigated': https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...903#601msgdesc
(this doesn't specifically mention banding, but the list of scenarios that "may have issues" corresponds to the problem reported)

Their only 'mitigation' btw is to reboot when it happens, but it doesn't work for all those scenarios/not for long.
Old 5th August 2019, 20:43   #57048  |  Link
JonnyRedHed

Hi guys.

Have you seen this (OC3D Article url) Nvidia tells users to update their drivers to patch security flaws

Thing is I'm still on an old gpu (MSI 670 OC), and have been happy just using madvr and NV 385.28 WHQL.

Do I and others still using 385.28 now need to update to the latest NV (410.60 or newer).

Last edited by JonnyRedHed; 5th August 2019 at 20:45.
JonnyRedHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2019, 21:50   #57049  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Thats not the first driver with security fixes. A whole list of them was fixed in between 385 and today. If you care about that is up to you entirely.
Old 6th August 2019, 17:54   #57050  |  Link
clsid

Hi everyone,

Development of a dark theme for MPC-HC is almost finished. Please test it and let me know if you see any visual bugs, or bugs when interacting with the player GUI.

test build (x64)
test build (x86)

Dark theme can be activated through: menu > view > dark theme

Please test both the dark theme and the normal theme.

Last edited by clsid; 6th August 2019 at 20:55.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2019, 23:55   #57051  |  Link
mclingo

very nice, could do with top bar in windowed mode being black as well though.
Old 7th August 2019, 14:17   #57052  |  Link
svengun

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
Please test both the dark theme and the normal theme.
Idd very nice !
Old 7th August 2019, 15:02   #57053  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclingo View Post
very nice, could do with top bar in windowed mode being black as well though.
The title bar color is controlled by Windows.
Windows settings > Personalization > Colors > Accent color
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2019, 17:12   #57054  |  Link
mclingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
The title bar color is controlled by Windows.
Windows settings > Personalization > Colors > Accent color

oops, sorry
Old 7th August 2019, 19:01   #57055  |  Link
JonnyRedHed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Thats not the first driver with security fixes. A whole list of them was fixed in between 385 and today. If you care about that is up to you entirely.
I see, thanks for your input. Maybe it is time to come up to date.
JonnyRedHed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2019, 06:41   #57056  |  Link
fourbigkids

Player menu bar and right click context menu missing in fullscreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourbigkids View Post
Hi all.

I am running MPC-BE v.1.5.3 with madvr 127.0.0.1 on a Windows 10 HTPC with an Nvidia RTX 2060. The video is fed via HDMI to a pre-pro and then to a Sony TV XBR85X850F. It can also be fed directly to the TV. I have madvr setup to open full screen and to change the refresh rate of the TV to match the video file. This works fine about 50% of the time. For the other 50% the video opens and plays as expected, full screen and with the adjusted refresh rate, but the menu bar (WITH THE PLAYER OPERATING BUTTONS) is not available when placing the cursor at the bottom of the screen and right clicking does not open the context menu. There is no way to control playback when this occurs. However, if I double click on the video on screen to 'restore down', taking the application out of fullscreen mode, the menu bar and context menus return. Once the fault occurs it then keeps happening on each successive file until I reboot the computer. It then plays as expected for a random period of time and/or playback of a random number of files.

There does not seem to be any common characteristics in the files that this fault occurs. Could be anything, an .avi, .mp4, or mkv etc. But next time they could play faultlessly.

Has anyone encountered this sort of behaviour before and managed to resolve it?

Appreciate your advice.

Cheers,

Allan.

ps. Could you please let me know if this is better dealt with in another thread. a

Hi all. This problem is still plaguing me. It only seems to occur when madvr is selected as the video renderer in MPC-BE, not for any of the others. I was thinking of reinstalling madvr but cannot find a way of backing up madvr's settings before doing so. madvr is in a folder inside the MPC-BE folder but there is no settings.bin file in that folder. I have show hidden files selected. Is there any other way to backup madvr's settings? Thanks for the help. Cheers. Allan
fourbigkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2019, 09:53   #57057  |  Link
chros

Maybe the TV does overscan, hence you don't see the controls. Or controls are hidden in MPC-BE (I think in View menu).

Quote:
The video is fed via HDMI to a pre-pro and then to a Sony TV XBR85X850F. It can also be fed directly to the TV
Then connect directly to the TV and try out that way.
Old 9th August 2019, 10:28   #57058  |  Link
ryrynz

Quote:
but cannot find a way of backing up madvr's settings before doing so. madvr is in a folder inside the MPC-BE folder but there is no settings.bin file in that folder.
Because permissions aren't set to allow the writing of the file.
Give the madVR folder write permissions for Users, settings.bin will be written next time you make changes, alternatively back up \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\madshi
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2019, 12:51   #57059  |  Link
okc_smoker

There was some talk a couple weeks ago about some sort of benchmarking protocol and a database of results for various GPUs. Is that still in the works?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 10th August 2019, 19:29   #57060  |  Link
chros

Quote:
Originally Posted by okc_smoker View Post
There was some talk a couple weeks ago about some sort of benchmarking protocol and a database of results for various GPUs. Is that still in the works?
No one started it, you can be the One

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling