Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 31st March 2011, 22:55   #1  |  Link
drjaymez

trouble with my HD-DVD to m2ts process

I have started the process of ripping all of mh HD-DVDs to .m2ts files on my server so that I can remove the HD-DVD player from the media cabinet (and free up an HDMI port on my receiver!). I've probably got 70 titles.

I have been using EVOdemux to demux and tsMuxeR to mux them into a .m2ts. I basically just take the main video and the DD+ track. I've done about 18 movies so far and they all turned out great except for two. Animal House and Bourne Supremacy both have an audio mismatch. I think it may be framerate related. It looks like Animal House, for example, is 23.976. What is the easiest way to handle this without changing anything major about my workflow? I've got a simple brain.
drjaymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 22:59   #2  |  Link
jj666

Use EAC3TO to demux and TSMUXER to remux.

Cheers,

-jj-
jj666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 02:14   #3  |  Link
setarip_old

@drjaymez

Hi!

For the two problematic HD-DVDs, try

1) Loading the HD-DVD into MakeMKV and save the movie only title (The required .EVO files will be automatically joined by MakeMKV)

and 2) Loading the MKV file into tsMuxeR and save as an .M2TS file
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2011, 10:26   #4  |  Link
rotty

ClownBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjaymez View Post
I have started the process of ripping all of mh HD-DVDs to .m2ts files on my server so that I can remove the HD-DVD player from the media cabinet (and free up an HDMI port on my receiver!). I've probably got 70 titles.

I have been using EVOdemux to demux and tsMuxeR to mux them into a .m2ts. I basically just take the main video and the DD+ track. I've done about 18 movies so far and they all turned out great except for two. Animal House and Bourne Supremacy both have an audio mismatch. I think it may be framerate related. It looks like Animal House, for example, is 23.976. What is the easiest way to handle this without changing anything major about my workflow? I've got a simple brain.

I converted all my HD DVD's including split movie files with ClownBD. I had no problems at all. Give it a go, its an easy program to use.

Last edited by rotty; 2nd April 2011 at 16:04.
rotty is offline   Reply With Quote