Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3rd February 2019, 13:20   #14  |  Link
asarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I have had the same problem with ++ and a specific BD (I don't remember which one). However, the Java version doesn't have that problem.

Also, note that the two versions have a CLI option to control the merging of the identical subtitles. It defines the maximum duration between two identical subtitles before they should be considered as two different subtitles. The option is -x <time_in_ms> or --merge-time <time_in_ms> and the default value is 200 ms for both versions. I don't know if that option is available in the GUI.
That's cute, but duplicate subs, in 'real life', so to speak, rarely occur to begin with (like maybe when calling out someone's name, or with other expletives -- which is also the reason, btw, why the CLI method is tricky/unreliable). More importantly, though, why have a CLI that tries and fix errors you made yourself in the first place!? BDSup2Sub++ simply shouldn't duplicate subs on import, period. Just feels like a grave bug to me.

For now, I went with the old 'just download some .SRT from the internet' route, for my Cutie Honey Blu-ray. Problem with those, of course, is that you'll spend the next hour(s) or so repairing all sorts of typos/spelling errors in them, before you can actually use those (which is why I hate OCR). So, in general, I'd rather just use the official .PGS data; and for that a program like BDSup2Sub++ is needed.

Thx for the info, though.