Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 31st May 2019, 07:23   #1  |  Link
PurpleKnight

HuffYUV does not work... a lot

I had installed HuffYuv 2.1.1 with CCESP Patch 0.2.5, thanks to the fact that it was included in the K-Lite's Mega Pack.
I started using it when I started working with video conversion (maybe an obvious fact). But the problem, at least with me, happened when I tried to configure it in order to output RGB.

I will try to explain it as best as I can (including my situation):
My attempt is to output RGB AVI, because I haven't figure how to configure with detail the colorspaces in video editors, so my easy exit would be RGB.
So, checking my resources, I manage to obtain TMPGEnc Xpress 4.0 to my projects convenience. I used it to do simple works and for to try not break my head with external plugins in AviSynth.
At the time I was experimenting and researching lossless codecs, I realized to think that HuffYUV was already installed in my computer.
Why not? It even have a patch preinstalled. In my fist attempts, I thought just a configuration like "always suggest RGB" would do dthe job...
But I began to be more curious with this kind of stuff, so I configured to show me the console window and put it to work... nothing happend.
Then, I tried to see the propeties of my previous videos... none of them looked like they are have RGB.
I just did any kind of configuration, press confirm, reopen the configuration window and it was in the default settings...

Am I doing something wrong?
Is this how its intended to work?

P.S.
English is not my native languaje, so, sorry if I didn't wrote something comprehensibly.

Tags
avi, conversion, huffyuv, tmpgenc xpress 4