Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th December 2020, 15:15   #18801  |  Link
stryker412

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zcb...ew?usp=sharing
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2020, 17:06   #18802  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Inverse telecinie
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2020, 17:39   #18803  |  Link
stryker412

Ok just found this on a review site:

Quote:
So how does Book Three's AVC MPEG-4 video presentation fare? Unfortunately a bit worse than Book Two's decent but problematic 1080i presentation. Though encoded at 1080p via what appears to be inverse telecine processing (click here for further explanation), the most recent Korra release suffers from several issues; some familiar and not so surprising, some not-so-familiar and slightly irritating. First the familiar. Banding and macroblocking are back, and back with a vengeance, plaguing the series from start to finish and appearing everywhere from dark, moonlit environments to vibrant, warmly lit close-ups of our heroes. Neither is terribly debilitating, but each one is so prevalent that it's hard to ignore. The macroblocking is generally coupled with the banding too, which tends to exacerbate the unsightliness of it all. As to the more surprising anomalies, prepare to contend with pulldown lines, ghosting, and intermittent aliasing (most, if not all of which are consequences of the shift from 1080i/29.97fps to 1080p/23.98fps).
So should I change the processing in Ripbot to AVC Interlaced? Weird... reading more into these reviews it seems only seasons (or books as they call them) 2 and 3 are 1080i.

Last edited by stryker412; 27th December 2020 at 17:58.
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2020, 18:21   #18804  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Nah. Just use Inverse telecine to get original 23.976 fps
Old 27th December 2020, 19:18   #18805  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

Ok, so it happened again, however there is nothing open, i cannot find any subchild processes under ripbot in process hacker, it's not doing anything?

is there anything else i can do to help you with this?

i'm more than happy to try anything?

looking at timestamps in temp folder, the very last thing written to disk was detect borders
Pulp Catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2020, 19:26   #18806  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Are you using auto crop?
Old 27th December 2020, 20:03   #18807  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

Yes i am, always
Old 27th December 2020, 20:19   #18808  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

it may mean nothing. but sometimes above where there are many svchost.exe, i sometimes see werfault.exe when ripbot reaches the part "gathering information", but not everytime, only sometimes.

but i've seen it enough to to know that is only happens (when it happens that is) at the part when ripbot is doing "gathering information".

don't wish to confuse you, i'm only sharing because it seems connected to ripbot (i don't know what werfault is however, first time using process hacker).
Old 27th December 2020, 20:46   #18809  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

https://www.partitionwizard.com/part...error-024.html
Old 28th December 2020, 07:33   #18810  |  Link
Pulp Catalyst

Hello, thanks for this.

the only thing so far is a small index issue was found on one of my USB drives, but not actual corruption. (tried again, still got stuck again)

memory testing i will do later, However when i installed my system i did put it through a stress test for nearly 3 hours and all threads passed (prime95)....

however i never gave it a full mem86 test....i did a windows basic memory test, passed fine

i will do this when lockdown (tier 4) ends...as my workstation is running headless (i use point to point bridge wifi...i live across the road from where it's located).

for now i disabled windows error reporting service to see what happens...i did this twenty minutes ago.....

i'll report back if anything should change (worse or better).
Old 29th December 2020, 05:53   #18811  |  Link
thezfunk

No Audio

When adding a file to be processed, I get [NO AUDIO] even though there are audio tracks that work fine in VLC. Multiple tracks as a matter of fact. What should I be looking for.
thezfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 06:02   #18812  |  Link
stax76

Have a look here:

https://github.com/stax76/MediaInfo.NET
stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2020, 10:48   #18813  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
When adding a file to be processed, I get [NO AUDIO] even though there are audio tracks that work fine in VLC. Multiple tracks as a matter of fact. What should I be looking for.
Are those files in the jobx temp folder?
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2020, 15:33   #18814  |  Link
Ronski

These two posts are from July 2019. I've had this problem again recently, not sure when it started as I don't use Ripbot very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manul View Post
Atak,
Having problem starting EncodingServer. The window never appears but the process is present in Process Explorer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper714 View Post
I had the same problem months ago. Turns out that it was a startup program from my Logitech keyboard / Joysticks, "Logitech Gaming Framework." I disabled it from startup and the encoding server worked fine. Somewhere in this forum someone mentioned an issue with "Void Tools" program called "Everything," a really good file search program that is better than windows search. You might want to try to disable these two programs on startup if you have them and see if it works.
Worse case scenario, disable all the start up programs, restart the computer and see if the encoding server starts. If it does then enable the startup programs in sections until you find the culprit.
Hope that works. It did for me....
I've spent some time today tracking down what's causing it this time - last time it was the "Logitech Gaming Framework" service. Now I'd deliberately left tracing this problem as I knew I was getting the newer version of the MX518 mouse for Christmas which is compatible with G Hub, so the old Logitech software was uninstalled and the new G Hub installed on Boxing day.

Yesterday I go to use Ripbot and the same old problem with the encoders not showing, but they are there in Task Manager, so I uninstalled G Hub, no difference, safe mode the encoders appear, disabled all startup programs, no difference.

So using MSconfig I disable a bunch of non MS services at a time, eventually I whittled it down to the "Nvidia LocalSystem Container" service, disable this, reboot and Ripbot and it's encoders work fine.

I tried updating the Nvidia driver and Geforce Experience, but that didn't fix it, doing a clean install of the drivers appeared at first to fix it, but then it became a bit hit and miss, but disabling the above service means it works every time. I've no idea what this service actually does though.

I have two PC's I use for Ripbot, and the other one seemed to be fine, but I noticed just now that was also not working every time, so I've disabled the same service on there. Both systems have different Nvidia GPU's , so it doesn't seem GPU specific.

I've no idea if this has been mentioned recently in this thread as I don't keep up with all the posts, so this may have been mentioned recently, but I suspect it could have the potential to affect a lot of users.
Ronski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2020, 16:06   #18815  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Telemetry... IT also phones home
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce...is-constantly/
Old 31st December 2020, 18:24   #18816  |  Link
Ronski

Thanks Atak, no great loss if I leave it disabled then, but I wonder why it interferes with the encoding server?

I have another issue, how does the Encoding server choose which network adapter to use?

I have several network adapters on this machine:

Microsoft KM-Test Loopback adapter
vEthernet (Default switch) Hyper-V virtual Ethernet Adapter
Asus 10Gbe adapter - this is my network connection.

Whenever the Encoding server starts it gets an IP address and MAC address of loopback adapter, if I disable that then it gets one from the Hyper V adapter, and when I disable that it will finally get one from the correct adapter.

I've found that you can set the priority of the network adapter, but this is being ignored - I've set the Asus to 1 which is the highest priority.

As you can see below, Ripbot knows its on the Asus 10Gbe adapter, but the Encoding server chooses adapter 0

Any idea how to fix this please rather than having to disable the other two ever time?

Old 31st December 2020, 18:35   #18817  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

EncodingServer.exe /ip 192.168.0.11
Old 31st December 2020, 21:26   #18818  |  Link
Ronski

Thanks, works perfectly - I've added to the Encoding Server Command-Line switches I've just found :-)
Old 31st December 2020, 22:26   #18819  |  Link
jlpsvk

Hi Atak... thank for great SW.. But.

When denoising and resizing.... is denoise made before rezise? i think it should... but I see resize before denoise in AVS, so probably resizing with grain and then denoising...
Old 1st January 2021, 11:44   #18820  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Resizing and then denosing will give you noticeable better performance if you downscale. For example from 3840x2160 to 1920x1080 you have 4x less pixels to analize which means 4x better performance.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360