Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 8th January 2010, 11:55   #6561  |  Link
digib

First of all thanks Atak Snajpera for this great util. I'm glad I found it some time ago!

I would like to ask for help relating to ripbot:

1-When I create a queue of jobs, in the 8th job and next ones, the audio box source in the Encoding settings shows "NO AUDIO", while the previous 7 jobs have no problem, showing the source audio that ripbot demuxed from the original video file. That problem creates a limitation of 7 possible jobs in queue, I guess it is a very easy problem to solve from any part of my software pack or from the ripbot code.

EDIT: it is not about number of jobs, it happens just in two videos. Strange because they are all part of a serie of videos from the same source, a digital photo camera Canon Ixus 85, same settings always: 640x480 with audio in PCM uncompressed @ 44100 Hz. Don't know why selecting these two .avis in ripbot are showed as no source audio, while other videos from the serie have been compressed with no problem. Virtualdub shows audio track with no problem.

2-Is there any way of doing a White Balance correction from within the ripbot software (I believe it is not possible) or any of the tools installed to work with ripbot? If I should use a new tool I would be glad to know what is the easiest way for doing this common editing in camcorder recordings

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by digib; 8th January 2010 at 12:31.
digib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 22:49   #6562  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@simonb1975uk
install latest directx9.0c in windows 7! For some unknown reason microsoft decided to not install DX9 by default in w7! Stupid idea since all games require those libraries!

@digib
send me 50 samples of two problematic avis. Use dgsplit and www.mediafire.com

@gr1mmj0w
I have no idea how to help you with this. it works every time on my pc. Reinstall avisynth. Make sure you use stable 2.5.8

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 8th January 2010 at 22:57.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2010, 22:49   #6563  |  Link
APorter819

Has anyone experienced longer encode times with version 1.15? I set a movie to encode last night that normally takes about 6-7 hours, still said 10 hours remaining after running for about 8 hours. I used the 4.0 Bluray profile, reduce from 1080p to 720p, crf 20. This wasn't the only encode with the new version that has taken significantly longer.
APorter819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 11:21   #6564  |  Link
magmo

Very stable and fast

Hi Atak_Snajpera

Thanks for the latest version 1.15, it work very nice and seem faster than previous versions. Excellent Work!
magmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 11:45   #6565  |  Link
PsyChoses

Thanks for the update mate, to make it easy on myself I created an AiO for RipBot, that includes everything needed to start Ripping those BluRays I just rented

Also I created a RipBotSetup.exe (Installer) ...

Neat eh ????
PsyChoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 18:10   #6566  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by APorter819 View Post
Has anyone experienced longer encode times with version 1.15? I set a movie to encode last night that normally takes about 6-7 hours, still said 10 hours remaining after running for about 8 hours. I used the 4.0 Bluray profile, reduce from 1080p to 720p, crf 20. This wasn't the only encode with the new version that has taken significantly longer.
It seems really hit or miss, but I think it has to do with a variety of factors (noise, resolution, file size output, etc.). The cleaner a video file, the easier it is, I think, for x264 to do its job. If there's a lot of noise in my videos, it always seems like it takes longer to convert. I always do 2-pass though so I don't have much experience with CC.
illestdomer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 18:16   #6567  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacaveli211 View Post
no it's not. for example the latest family guy (something something something dark side) is 1.33.

I think you got lost somewhere, the whole point is exactly that, that everything needs to be 16:9 (it actually doesn't, my bluray player will play 1440x1080 which is 1.33, but I have to change tv settings to make it not stretch to 16:9) and being able to add pillarboxes would allow you to make 1.33 into 16:9
I am not talking about your TV or your blu-ray player. Your BD can also play DVDs which are in 4:3. What I am talking about is AVCHD. I have never tried to created a 4:3 movie in here because everything I use for this program is some version of widescreen. All I am telling you is that even if you try to crop out the letterboxing like you would normally do for an MKV, it will cause the AVCHD not to play in your BD player.

So, is the problem that in RipBot it automatically stretches your 4:3 video to widescreen? My understanding is that any video file was just placed into the 16:9 frame (pillarboxes and/or letterbox).
Old 9th January 2010, 18:19   #6568  |  Link
illestdomer2005

Anyone have any problems with the newer ffdshow builds? It looks like they all have this new DXVA hardware accelerator built in. So, I discovered that applying the acceleration to h264 and vc-1 will allow the media to play, but it is rendering (no pun intended) some weird results.
Old 10th January 2010, 06:05   #6569  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by illestdomer2005 View Post
I am not talking about your TV or your blu-ray player. Your BD can also play DVDs which are in 4:3. What I am talking about is AVCHD. I have never tried to created a 4:3 movie in here because everything I use for this program is some version of widescreen. All I am telling you is that even if you try to crop out the letterboxing like you would normally do for an MKV, it will cause the AVCHD not to play in your BD player.

So, is the problem that in RipBot it automatically stretches your 4:3 video to widescreen? My understanding is that any video file was just placed into the 16:9 frame (pillarboxes and/or letterbox).
I just want it to be able to encode to full 1920x1080 while preserving the AR. ripbot will stretch 4:3 video rather than pillarboxing it.

and I understand how AVCHD / mkv / bluray players / etc work. mine will actually play cropped video, but it fucks up the AR n shit =P
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 06:16   #6570  |  Link
prettyboy85712

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyChoses View Post
Thanks for the update mate, to make it easy on myself I created an AiO for RipBot, that includes everything needed to start Ripping those BluRays I just rented

Also I created a RipBotSetup.exe (Installer) ...

Neat eh ????
If you're pirating Blu-rays you won't be getting help from anyone here.
prettyboy85712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 12:15   #6571  |  Link
dirk362

Thanks for latest version. May have been mentioned already but...
Few regressions in 1.15.0
1. DGIndex log file for MPG files gets created in the source media location, and not in the RipBotTemp location like all other transient files
2. Language select on Audio reverts to Undetermined instead of remembering last setting.
3. Occassion missing " error in avs script - if you automatically crop, then set to resize required, then go back and manually set say right crop and forget to also do resize, you get this error on preview, and OK button is disabled
dirk362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 14:00   #6572  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1. DGIndex log file for MPG files gets created in the source media location, and not in the RipBotTemp location like all other transient files
edit DGIndex.ini . Change Enable_Info_Log=0

Quote:
2. Language select on Audio reverts to Undetermined instead of remembering last setting.
This is my design. If language was not specified in container then it is labeled as Undetermined.

Quote:
3. Occassion missing " error in avs script - if you automatically crop, then set to resize required, then go back and manually set say right crop and forget to also do resize, you get this error on preview, and OK button is disabled
I will check this
Old 10th January 2010, 22:42   #6573  |  Link
deekey777

My iPhone accepted MP4 created by 1.15.0.

Is there a way to get DXVA, which was introduced with the latest ffdshow builds?
deekey777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 23:52   #6574  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Is there a way to get DXVA, which was introduced with the latest ffdshow builds?
DXVA works only in NV12 color mode. AviSynth does not support that mode. YV12 is similar but not the same.
Old 11th January 2010, 08:04   #6575  |  Link
NiGHTsC

TS video

RipBot264 v1.15.0 -> I:\RipBot264 v1.15.0
AVisynth v2.5.8 -> C:\Program File\AVisynth
ffdshow vr3190 2010-01-09 -> C:\Program File\PureCodec\Codecs
haali media splitter v110109 -> C:\Program Files\Haali\MatroskaSplitter
Codec pack uninstalled
Quote:
Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation
(I:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)
Can someone help me without asking me to upload my video to MF?

This is the Mediainfo info
Code:
General
ID                               : 1
Complete name                    : I:\Test.ts
Format                           : MPEG-TS
File size                        : 6.59 GiB
Duration                         : 1h 32mn
Overall bit rate                 : 10.2 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate         : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID                               : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AVC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                   : High@L4.0
Format settings, CABAC           : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames        : 4 frames
Width                            : 1 920 pixels
Height                           : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16/9
Frame rate                       : 29.970 fps
Standard                         : Component
Resolution                       : 24 bits
Colorimetry                      : 4:2:0
Scan type                        : Interlaced
Scan order                       : Top Field First

Audio
ID                               : 4352 (0x1100)
Menu ID                          : 1 (0x1)
Format                           : AAC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version                   : Version 2
Format profile                   : LC
Muxing mode                      : ADTS
Bit rate mode                    : Variable
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 48.0 KHz
Resolution                       : 16 bits
Video delay                      : -57ms
Language                         : English

Thank you in advance.
NiGHTsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 13:05   #6576  |  Link
PsyChoses

I have 1 question I got The Animatrix Rip I want to output it for iPhone MP4 @ 2.5mbps and Audio @ 192kbps .. I can do a 2 pass for video but what about Audio how can I modify Audio Output ? I can see only 192kbps @ 5.1 I want 192kbps Stereo

Oh and I just want to output 1st episode that of the Osiris, how do I cut ?

Thanks !

Last edited by PsyChoses; 11th January 2010 at 13:12.
Old 11th January 2010, 15:47   #6577  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@NiGHTsC
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=3...e79d7d0540e1e1
Old 11th January 2010, 16:05   #6578  |  Link
liquidskin76

@Atak_Snajpera,

Now FFDShow is supporting bitstreaming of HD audio via ATi 5xxx, etc, it opens up the possibility of bitstreaming TrueHD and DTS-HD from mkv (as before we just had Arcsoft TMT3/PDVD9 plus relevant audio card, and their support for mkv is crap!).

Are you willing to introduce the option to allow a direct copy of HD audio to MKV?

MKVMerge, Haali, and Matroska Splitter all now support TrueHD/DTS-HD so it's doable from that perspective! Currently i'm encoding vid only with RipBot, then muxing with the HD audio to mkv via mkvmerge, however would be cool to be able to miss the extra steps and do all within RipBot!

Thanks

Last edited by liquidskin76; 11th January 2010 at 16:42.
liquidskin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 16:07   #6579  |  Link
hoju3508

Quote:
ffdshow vr3190 2010-01-09 -> C:\Program File\PureCodec\Codecs
This version of ffdshow also gave me "Evaluate: System exception - Access Violation". I reverted one rev back and everything is Ok now.
hoju3508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2010, 16:08   #6580  |  Link
PsyChoses

@Atak_Snajpera,

No answer to my question above ?

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360