Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th December 2009, 22:09   #3961  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm glad to announce that a new major version is on the way to you (ver 3.1)... It will be ready may be after the holidays.

It will feature the long waited animated menu (video title thumbnails + animated background) and background audio/music for title pages.

I'll upload a sample for some of you to test in their stand alone players.

Keep fingers crossed!

Dean
Old 30th December 2009, 00:10   #3962  |  Link
Music Fan

Cool !
And will you add the chaptering on keyframe ?
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2009, 01:48   #3963  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No. It will slow down compilation generation a lot... It may require 30 minutes for 'chaptering' a good 4GB title when it takes 50ms now.
Old 30th December 2009, 12:29   #3964  |  Link
Music Fan

Sad news, it was my most important expectation.
I don't understand why the authoring would be slowed down, because it's very fast with Tmpg dvd author. Ok, it's for dvd in mpeg-2, but why is there a so huge difference ?

And in the actual working of MultiAVCHD, how are placed the chapters if not on keyframes ?
Old 31st December 2009, 12:08   #3965  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Quote:
It will feature the long waited animated menu (video title thumbnails + animated background)
and background audio/music for title pages.
My highest appreciation ! Jubilate ! Cantate !
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 13:57   #3966  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

A quick note about build 722:

* Hidden titles are now really hidden and user cannot select/play them during playback of other titles
* Fixed some bugs about DVD interlaced sources detection
* Added detection of Provider name of imported Blu-ray discs
* Added detection of AVCHD compilations created by Sonic products (along with Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Canon and Nero)
* Some code optimizations

* Installer: removed icon key-shortcuts, because they cause too much trouble on some non-english windows installations
* Installer: fixed uninstalling: textST.exe, readSUP.exe and splitMKV.exe were not removed after uninstalling of multiAVCHD

Dean

Last edited by deank; 31st December 2009 at 14:23.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2009, 21:23   #3967  |  Link
cwh060

@deank

Excellent work, downloaded yesterday and have used this progam a couple of times.

The program just upgraded itself to version 722....a little donation was sent too!

cwh
cwh060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 10:08   #3968  |  Link
easicom

Build 722

Just upgraded to build 722 the drag & drop of AVCHD_old to add additional titles seems to have be broken! works fine once I down graded to the previous version.
easicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 11:10   #3969  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I don't have a problem importing an older compilation. Are you sure that there IS a content in the folder you're trying to import?
Old 1st January 2010, 15:26   #3970  |  Link
easicom

Positive that there is content, as stated in previous post downgraded to build 721 and it worked fine!
easicom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 20:32   #3971  |  Link
odin24

Hi Dean... Happy New Year. It's been a while since I have used multiAVCHD, is it possible to create a seamless branching compilation? I hope to include the main feature with two endings.

Thanks.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2010, 23:05   #3972  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

No, it is not possible in the current version... I'm currently working on the *playlist* thingy (animated menu + audio and bd-reauthor mode) so once I master my skills I may add what you're asking.
Old 2nd January 2010, 00:59   #3973  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
No, it is not possible in the current version... I'm currently working on the *playlist* thingy (animated menu + audio and bd-reauthor mode) so once I master my skills I may add what you're asking.
Thanks for the consideration, your efforts are greatly appreciated. I'll check back in a while.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:15   #3974  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Fan View Post

Sad news, it was my most important expectation.
I don't understand why the authoring would be slowed down, because it's very fast with Tmpg dvd author. Ok, it's for dvd in mpeg-2, but why is there a so huge difference ?

And in the actual working of MultiAVCHD, how are placed the chapters if not on keyframes ?
Deank, could you answer please ?

I have a suggestion : if you don't want to slow down compilation generation because some people don't need it, you could maybe let the choice between a chaptering by seconds or by keyframes.

I can't believe that I'm the only one to need precise chaptering.
It's one of the basic feature of all authoring tools, and your program proposes much more sophisticated possibilities than this one.

Thank you for your work and understanding.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:23   #3975  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Basically chapters are set in the playlist files (mpls) while muxing with tsMuxeR. Chapter times have a good precision (of 0.024sec per frame for 23.976fps video). What you ask requires searching for IDR frames in the video and I can't do it right now.

When using compliant AVCHD/BD sources or when transcoding with multiAVCHD, keyframes are placed at each second and chaptering should work properly.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:50   #3976  |  Link
Music Fan

Thanks for your answer.

Quote:
Chapter times have a good precision (of 0.024sec per frame for 23.976fps video).
Off course, but we can't choose it because of the search by seconds.

Actually, it wouldn't be a problem if I could find a tool which shows the keyframes and the same total duration than MultiAVCHD.
Because as I said a few weeks ago, I have a mpeg-2 file (in 1080i) whose length differs depending on the programs (Virtual Dub, Mpeg Video Wizard, MultiAVCHD).
If the duration was the same, I could find the exact places of the keyframes with Vdub or MVW, create a chapter file and import it in MultiAVCHD.
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:32   #3977  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm not sure if I can help at the moment. multiAVCHD supports chapter files in frame format so you can try to play with it - for example using the info from vdub. But don't rely on the preview in title properties. Once you create the compilation - test it in your player to check the jump points.
Old 2nd January 2010, 13:25   #3978  |  Link
Music Fan

Ok, I'm gonna try that, thanks.
Old 3rd January 2010, 04:26   #3979  |  Link
Mtz

1. Can multiavchd override the font settings from ass or ssa external and/or embedded subtitles with the font settings by the user from the multiavchd?

Sry for screenshots quality from my nokia phone and crt 4:3 tv.

The AVCHD Sample. Screenshots are from the second movie.

2. rum = ron = ro = romanian. Sometimes your program said that one of these abbreviations are "romany". Romany even is not a language written. Romany is only spoken, even some "smart" guys are trying to prove that romany can be wrote. Oh, I can wrote: ahem, whoa, huh, wow.
I will never understand why some retard or idiot standard inventor decided that the "rom" abv, to be used for romany and not romanian. Even romany is not correct and is supposed to be rromany with two "r" so rrm or another 3 letters supposed to be for rromany. And rromany is the language of the gypsies. No gypsy write in gypsy or rromany language. No DVD or Blu-Ray is made with this language.
Sry for offtopic.

3. Deleting bug. Creating some AVCHD folder for tests. Then, wanted to create some Blu-Ray folder for another test from the previously created AVCHD. After finishing, the M2TS files from AVCHD folder dissapeared. The resulted Blu-Ray is fine.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by Mtz; 3rd January 2010 at 14:18. Reason: links and bug
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2010, 14:01   #3980  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtz View Post
1. Can multiavchd override the font settings from ass or ssa external and/or embedded subtitles with the font settings by the user from the multiavchd?
Not in 'advanced processing mode'. ASS/SSA are processed by VSFilter.dll and since original files are not altered you will see the fonts set by the script.

If you disable advanced processing you will get SSA converted to SRT and then user fonts will be applied.

Quote:
2. rum = ron = ro = romanian. Sometimes your program said that one of these abbreviations are "romany".
My program doesn't say anything like it I added rom->ron conversion and it will be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
3. Deleting bug. Creating some AVCHD folder for tests. Then, wanted to create some Blu-Ray folder for another test from the previously created AVCHD. After finishing, the M2TS files from AVCHD folder dissapeared.
This is not a bug. When you import a compilation created by multiAVCHD to create a new one, its contents are MOVED for faster processing. If you don't want it to happen - untick [x] Move transitional files in SETTINGS tab.

Dean

Last edited by deank; 3rd January 2010 at 14:04.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author