Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 2nd August 2010, 22:44   #9001  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
What is the problem with IGS?

/LD
Currently tsMuxeR does not support demuxing and remuxing, similar to DTS Express.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:13   #9002  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowDead View Post
What is the problem with IGS?

/LD
BD Rebuilder recognizes menus and leaves them intact in almost all situations. But occasionally on a full backup to BD-9/5, the file is just too large to keep as-is and it must be shrunk. Most of the time the buttons/action etc are out-of-mux and it doesn't matter that you reecode it, but occasionally you will find one with IGS include in-mux. When TSMUXER demuxes, it doesn't recognize the IGS's existence, and it could be left out. As a result there may be buttons etc. that aren't displaying/reacting.

It's extremely rare -- but I gotta' cover for it anyway.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:50   #9003  |  Link
MB2

Not sure why i didnt think of this before... changed the date on my pc. Version 31.06 works past previous error point now with Star Trek Original Series Season 3 disc 2.
MB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 00:13   #9004  |  Link
jdobbs

@MB2

So that is Star Trek TOS Season 3 Disc 2 that you're having the issue with? Damn... I don't have Season 3. I'll see if I can find it.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd August 2010 at 00:15.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 01:06   #9005  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

Thanks Capsbackup and jdobbs for clarifying the IGS problem
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 02:12   #9006  |  Link
MB2

Yep... although ive just got out of bed to check it, yawn, and x264 "has crashed" its retrying on video 69 of video 139... keep you posted. Im going back to bed...
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:56   #9007  |  Link
MB2

Still working :-)
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:31   #9008  |  Link
rippn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Yes I do. It only happens with DTS Express PiP and only on the Sony players. I'm confident that at least part of the problem is in the Sony firmware -- because the exact same image works on BD-25. But if I can find a workaround I'll do it. One idea is to put a blank AC3 track to replace the DTS Express and then change the reference in the MPLS. The ideal solution is to actually demux/remux just that track and that's what I'm working on. The problem is that I either have to do the entire mux all myself, or integrate the demuxed audio by inserting it after-the-fact -- the first is an incredible amount of research and time (I'd essentially be rewriting TSMUXER), and the second adds considerable time to the encode process.

To worsen it -- I'm not positive that doing all this will make it work on the Sony on BD-9... I'm just guessing that putting something there for that track will correct it.
I'm not sure if this helps, but the developers of DVDFab seem to have figured out the DTS Express issue, as I've just done Groundhog Day with the latest version (v7.0.9.0) and low and behold it was able to do a BD25 encode and keep the PIP DTS Express track, which on this Bluray is Ned popping up every now and again giving facts about the scenes. The sound is there and everything. So I don't know if you want to try it and examine the output files to figure out what they're doing, or if they created their own muxer, don't know. I'm going to test Twilight next which appears to be a different form of PIP, but still has DTS Express and report back.

Just did Twilight, 100% works!!

Last edited by rippn; 3rd August 2010 at 19:31. Reason: Update.
rippn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:47   #9009  |  Link
Kampfwurstwasser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
BD Rebuilder recognizes menus and leaves them intact in almost all situations. But occasionally on a full backup to BD-9/5, the file is just too large to keep as-is and it must be shrunk. Most of the time the buttons/action etc are out-of-mux and it doesn't matter that you reecode it, but occasionally you will find one with IGS include in-mux. When TSMUXER demuxes, it doesn't recognize the IGS's existence, and it could be left out. As a result there may be buttons etc. that aren't displaying/reacting.

It's extremely rare -- but I gotta' cover for it anyway.
I had exactly this problem yesterday with the Region B Bluray from Lucky Number Slevin. Full Backup to BD25, no HD Audio, BD Rebuilder v34.06.
The menu background video shows, but there are no buttons to start the movie, change language etc.

Last edited by Kampfwurstwasser; 3rd August 2010 at 17:50.
Kampfwurstwasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 18:58   #9010  |  Link
bluestarCVO

Running full disc backup again of Hot Tub Time Machine, this time with new version 34.06, to determine if the hanging/freezing at seamless branching transitions is corrected. Will post results.
bluestarCVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:04   #9011  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

Rebuilding my problematic disc with 34.06 aswell to see if it fixes the menu selection issue.
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 22:31   #9012  |  Link
KarstenS

I wanted to begin to copy my BDs to HD of my HTPC that I not had already as a folder, but...

The directoryscan of the BD "Cars" (German) failed (full disk):

BD-Rebuilder 0.34.06 and worked till this time very good with other movies.
Attached Images

KarstenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 23:18   #9013  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarstenS View Post
I wanted to begin to copy my BDs to HD of my HTPC that I not had already as a folder, but...

The directoryscan of the BD "Cars" (German) failed (full disk):

BD-Rebuilder 0.34.06 and worked till this time very good with other movies.
As near as I can tell, the most likely cause would be that an MPLS file has been corrupted. But I'll see if there's anything else...
Old 4th August 2010, 00:46   #9014  |  Link
PhilippeB

Cop Out (2010), Rambo (2008)

Hi.

I have a question regarding theses 2 titles. Once i had them passed through BD Rebuilder (Movie only), the final result is a sequence of scenes mixed up between bonus features and main movie, all going in the wrong order...

It happened only with theses two movies so far. Both have that particularity of not being a single humongus .ts file but rather a bunch of smaller .ts files.

I was wondering if somebody else ran into this problem and if there was any remedy to prevent further 'BD-coasters'.

PhilippeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 01:09   #9015  |  Link
ebjones

Any Ideas?

I am a relatively new user of BD-RB and although most of the discussions in this forum go right over my head, I have been able to figure out how to backup dozens of titles for playback on my PS3 Ver 3.1 (EXCEPT "THE LOSERS"). I have recently ran into a problem backing up "The Warlords". My PS3 recognizes my BD-R and it appears to start, but then the screen goes blank/black and I'm unable to do anything except quit the movie. I have used virtually the same settings for all my backups including several that were successful today after my 2 failed attempts of "The Warlords".

My settings are as follows: Custom Target Size (23800 MB), High Speed Option (BD-25), Video Encoding Options: None Selected, Audio Encoding Options: Do Not Convert DTS and Keep HD Audio, General Encoding Options: Remove WorkFiles after Rebuild.

I hope I have given enough info for someone to make sense of the issue I'm having. (I'm also attempting to attach the log) I have spent hours skimming thru posts looking for someone else who may have reported a similar issue but didn't find anyone. Any assistance/ideas as to a solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log of The Warlords.txt (3.4 KB, 28 views)
ebjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 01:50   #9016  |  Link
setarip_old

@ebjones

Hi!

While we're waiting for your attachment to be approved, I'll ask you:

What software and procedures did you use to rip your original BluRay disc (of "The Warlords") to your hard drive?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 01:55   #9017  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeB View Post
Hi.

I have a question regarding theses 2 titles. Once i had them passed through BD Rebuilder (Movie only), the final result is a sequence of scenes mixed up between bonus features and main movie, all going in the wrong order...

It happened only with theses two movies so far. Both have that particularity of not being a single humongus .ts file but rather a bunch of smaller .ts files.

I was wondering if somebody else ran into this problem and if there was any remedy to prevent further 'BD-coasters'.

In movie only mode, if you go to "Mode", and then "Alternate Movie-Only Playlist", you may see several options available, and by selecting different playlists, you will see different corresponding m2ts files for the different playlists. You will then need to select which one is the correct one you desire.
Perhaps choose one, then before you select backup, right click on the different video options in the tree view of BD-RB and select preview.
Choose wisely!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 01:56   #9018  |  Link
setarip_old

@PhilippeB

Hi!
Quote:
Both have that particularity of not being a single humongus .ts file but rather a bunch of smaller .ts files.
Are these typos, or are you actually dealing with .ts files?
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 02:04   #9019  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
While we're waiting for your attachment to be approved....
Also worth mentioning that for simple text files like logs, you can avoid this by just copying and pasting the contents of the file into a code block--just offset it with tags like this (just don't put the spaces around the brackets):
[ code ]
text goes here
[ /code ]
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 02:34   #9020  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilippeB View Post
Hi.

What did you use as a source? Was it an original disc? Was there any processing you did before running it through BD-RB?

What you are describing is very unlikely unless there are some screwed up MPLS files in play...