Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 2nd November 2018, 21:23   #27981  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Oops.. I've been using Verbatim BD-RE DL for a while now with my LG BD Player, and ASUS BD Burner.. Switch over to Pioneer should solve it all, going by the replies here and reviews at Amazon. I'll check my not so favorite Store BestBuy to see about getting it locally. A lot do great Stores have gone bye, bye since Amazon got huge.

Yeah, I've been checking the reformat idea also since yesterday and before. Not any improvements. Sad Face. LOL.
Good idea. I hate giving advice on this kind of thing... but my Pioneer has lasted at least 3x longer than any of the previous LGs I had (several). Admittedly I do a lot more burning than most people and I thought that was the reason. But my Pioneer just keeps on trucking. Just my experience...

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd November 2018 at 22:51.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 22:16   #27982  |  Link
kufo

I had this trouble with Sony BD-RE too. I'm using an LG with original FW and an LG with Asus 3.02 FW. Both drives don't recognize the disc. This was already the 2nd Sony Disc with this behaviour.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2018, 23:02   #27983  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
I had this trouble with Sony BD-RE too. I'm using an LG with original FW and an LG with Asus 3.02 FW. Both drives don't recognize the disc. This was already the 2nd Sony Disc with this behaviour.
I've used the same two Sony BD-RE discs for several years now, no idea how many burns I've done (probably hundreds). One of them finally failed in the last month. I certainly got my money's worth out of those discs. I ordered some Verbatim BD-RE's from Amazon (donation money) to replace them. It's amazing how inexpensive they've gotten since I bought them last.
Old 2nd November 2018, 23:42   #27984  |  Link
Blurayhd

Hi all I need some help here, I have Deja Vu 2006 with without spanish subtitles (my first language and you know, I need it) I get subtitles in Spanish that fit on my movie but this subtitles when I watch on tv appears too big and I need to decrease the size of font, thereŽs some way to do that? So IŽll can encode it with Bd rebuilder?

Thank you in advance!!
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 04:02   #27985  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Hi all I need some help here, I have Deja Vu 2006 with without spanish subtitles (my first language and you know, I need it) I get subtitles in Spanish that fit on my movie but this subtitles when I watch on tv appears too big and I need to decrease the size of font, thereŽs some way to do that? So IŽll can encode it with Bd rebuilder?

Thank you in advance!!
What kind of subtitles? SRT, PGS, etc?
Old 3rd November 2018, 04:17   #27986  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I get that. Some drives are better for CD (Audio) ripping than others. My ASUS BDs...not very good for it at all with CDs that *might* have some micro scratches. But my Sony DVD/CD drive does well with making attempts including passing C2 errors along via Easy CD-DA Extractor or Exact Audio Copy. Error reporting is what I meant by checking.

As for BD's..I have been reading about riplock..that's new to me. I guess I'm not well enough in the Know now these days. There's a slowing that happens when ripping is noticed with some drives. Looks like the Pioneers don't have it.

I wondered if those Ritek's are any good. Mostly I've been using Sony BD-RE's if we want to watch from BDs, and I've been wondering why they're Hit-N-Miss. I was buying Digitor for BD-Rs and they never fail, but the price was up a little more for the RE's by them than other BD-RE's... So, I avoided that route.

I took some Sony BD-RE's I've burned to someone I know who has the same LG player and they read pretty well. HMM!! I'm going to disassemble my LG player and clean the lens better than the CD cleaner does and check if that improves things.

I'll keep the Digistor and Ritek's in mind. Appreciate the reply.

Yep, that's where I'm heading.. I'm really thinking a combination of media and Optical drive are the problems here.

Great Tagline. Ha! Girlfriend said, "You have a B-day anniversary coming...so choose what you want to do." - Something I'm normally not at all interested in celebrating anymore; prefer every day being special rather than 1 or a couple through the year. But, she knows how to surprise and that can be very fun.

Appreciate the replies, all.
FWIW, I've always used basic LG BD burners and I've literally burned 1000's of blanks from Amazon, mainly the printable BD25's and I've worn out maybe 2 burners so far. I always buy the same brand, Optical Quantum 50 packs. I will typically go through several hundred without a hitch, and then once in a GREAT while, maybe I will have a pack where I have 2-3 coasters. They are generally about $21 shipped Prime in 2 days (or one day if you order a bit more )

***EDIT

Oh yeah, I forgot that once every few years or so I buy the same brand of printable BD-50's too. I just did a few days ago for the nice new 4k Remastered Studio Canal version of 'THE FOG' & the 4k versions of both '2001' & 'THE MATRIX' All burned just fine...

Last edited by Lathe; 3rd November 2018 at 04:24.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 04:33   #27987  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Good idea. I hate giving advice on this kind of thing... but my Pioneer has lasted at least 3x longer than any of the previous LGs I had (several). Admittedly I do a lot more burning than most people and I thought that was the reason. But my Pioneer just keeps on trucking. Just my experience...
I haven't gone yet. I felt a nibble in the brain to check something, and so I did. 99% of the time I use ImgBurn, but this time I used my bought DAEMON Tools Ultra.. Though it states it's burning at 2.0x, I think it's more like 1.6 or slower (will time it soon). It doesn't give ANY indicators as ImgBurn...BUT!! I noticed a result.. The Verbatim discs are fine, at a slower burn. I'm running another burn with DAEMON Tools.. If that goes well, and the problems I noted above are gone again, I'll use ImgBurn the same way..change the speed to slower. That'll be an "Ahhh!!" moment.

JD, typically, do you notice 2.x burn speeds with your Pioneer? (Giggling, and I don't mean a Pioneer smoking pot...haha!)

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 3rd November 2018 at 04:37.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 04:54   #27988  |  Link
AmigaFuture

LATHE!!! BD-RE DL, NOT BD-R........Stop sniffing the Parrots butt. LOL! "The Fog" and "2001", sweet movies.
Old 3rd November 2018, 05:02   #27989  |  Link
MrVideo

I use Verbatim BD-RE/25 for testing. I've been using the same two discs for quite a while now. The BD/25 discs that I burn I do @ 6x.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 05:13   #27990  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I use Verbatim BD-RE/25 for testing. I've been using the same two discs for quite a while now. The BD/25 discs that I burn I do @ 6x.
Hmmm... Sweet to know. I was using BD-RE/25s for a while also, but I didn't want to rerender everything all the time. That and other life stuff happening.. Hmmm...6x is impressive.

JD,

Last test I did at about 3+ hours yielded a different result. But the differences in the tests are:

One was done from a previous BD-RB Processing. (Daemon Tools Ultimate burned an ISO made by ImgBurn outside of BD-RB.)

The other test, first one, same move, but processed the older processed again with recent version 60.04 of BD-RB , but excluded all the extras except the "Fox" intro (needed) to get a shorter burn time. This is the one that played "fine" and at a slower burn. I'm now checking it again with ImgBurn only. Locked at 2x, but shows as 0.9x.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 3rd November 2018 at 05:15.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 17:14   #27991  |  Link
zargana

Issues with UHD discs. Same failure on 4 UHDs i tried.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1at...4xqP6NKuCZIGyj
zargana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2018, 17:59   #27992  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
I forget that, in SRT
Old 3rd November 2018, 23:03   #27993  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargana View Post
Issues with UHD discs. Same failure on 4 UHDs i tried.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1at...4xqP6NKuCZIGyj
Can you please post the entire log? Thanks.
Old 4th November 2018, 02:49   #27994  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Hmmm... Sweet to know. I was using BD-RE/25s for a while also, but I didn't want to rerender everything all the time. That and other life stuff happening.. Hmmm...6x is impressive.
I don't do my jobs using BD/50, as those discs are more expensive than BD/25s. Even though the discs that I buy are rated for 6x, IMGBurn sometimes sees them being able to do 8x (depends on the brand). I don't do any faster than 6x.

The BD/REs just keep on ticking.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2018, 12:44   #27995  |  Link
zargana

Quote:
Can you please post the entire log? Thanks.
Code:
----------------------
[11/04/18] BD Rebuilder v0.60.04
[13:09:16] Source:  THE_MATRIX_REVOLUTIONS
  - Input BD size: 62,73 GB
  - Approximate total content: [02:18:49.529]
  - Target BD size: 97,66 GB
  - Windows Version: 6.2 [9200]
  - Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
  - Decoding/Frame serving: FFMPEG
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[13:09:16] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [13:09:16] Processing: VID_00004 (1 of 2)
 - [13:09:16] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
 - [13:09:30] Reencoding video [VID_00004]
 - [13:09:30] Keeping original video (no reencode)
 - [13:09:30] Processing audio tracks
 - [13:09:30] Multiplexing M2TS
 - Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00004.meta
 - Can't open file: D:\WORK\WORKFILES\00004.track_4117.mpv
[13:09:34] - Failed to build structure, aborted

Last edited by jdobbs; 4th November 2018 at 14:19.
Old 4th November 2018, 14:23   #27996  |  Link
jdobbs

@zargana

This is from a UHD-BD? BD-RB seems to think the source is MPEG-2 rather than HEVC... I'll have to check that out -- but I've never seen anything like it before on my testing of UHD.

@everyone
A note to anyone testing UHD -- UHD backups are still very experimental right now.
Old 4th November 2018, 15:41   #27997  |  Link
zargana

Quote:
@zargana

This is from a UHD-BD? BD-RB seems to think the source is MPEG-2 rather than HEVC... I'll have to check that out -- but I've never seen anything like it before on my testing of UHD.
Yes mate it is and it plays perfectly with DVDFab Player 5 and can be processed also with DVDfab. All Matrix UHDs i tried, failed. Also failed with other titles like 2001 Space Odyssey, Blade Runner..

BD-RB sees fine the UHD source is HEVC and not MPEG-2. Check here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jR...2s7UZZnSs1uKVJ

Please find the source for these errors. We need the strong BD-RB for the UHD era that is already here!
If you cant find full UHD sources for testing pm me.

Last edited by zargana; 4th November 2018 at 15:46.
Old 4th November 2018, 18:04   #27998  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by zargana View Post
Yes mate it is and it plays perfectly with DVDFab Player 5 and can be processed also with DVDfab. All Matrix UHDs i tried, failed. Also failed with other titles like 2001 Space Odyssey, Blade Runner..

BD-RB sees fine the UHD source is HEVC and not MPEG-2. Check here.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jR...2s7UZZnSs1uKVJ

Please find the source for these errors. We need the strong BD-RB for the UHD era that is already here!
If you cant find full UHD sources for testing pm me.
Can you post the contents of the MUX_00004.meta file? You should be able to just cut & paste it into a post here. I went through the code and can see no way what you posted can happen??? PiP maybe?
Old 4th November 2018, 20:48   #27999  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
They are in SRT, any idea Jdobbs?
Old 4th November 2018, 21:47   #28000  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
They are in SRT, any idea Jdobbs?
Not much information to go with.

1. Are you playing it from BD or ALTERNATE source?
2. How did you merge the SRT with the original source?
3. Was the original source a BD or some other format?
4. If from other format -- was it imported with BD-RB?

A log can go a long way in helping...