Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 13th May 2020, 16:09   #1  |  Link
JohnDoe

Remove moving watermarks

Does anyone have any idea how to remove moving watermaks?

Case 1) I have several films where white text scrolls vertically through the picture at the same X position. In this case, the logo moves down exactly two pixels for each frame. This logo is 16 pixels high. At frame 8, the logo is completely visible for the first time. On frame 548 it is completely invisible. Then two empty frames... at 558 it is completely visible again at the top. 1098 completely invisible again ... then again two frames nothing. And at 1108 again completely visible ... and so on.

Case 2) I have a film where a white text scrolls horizontally through the picture. There the movement is according to a pattern .. not always 2 pixels .. but different step sizes, which are repeated every 4 steps. One step three pixel, next step one pixel, next step three pixel, next step two pixels ... and so on. (3,1,3,2)

The Logo is fully opaque and i would like to use inpaint.

Both cases have 1920x1080 29.971fps.
It would be easiest if i only had to create a mask with a fully visible logo, and for the other steps the mask is then built dynamically during the processing. Anyone can help?

Maybe its possible to adapt the inpaint delogo script.

Thanks!
JohnDoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2020, 14:38   #2  |  Link
poisondeathray

Is your question more about the animated mask creation, or which delogo / inpaint function to use ?

Since you know the pattern for case 1, you can animate the mask for 1 cycle and loop() . From your description it should be easy to do in a video editor (but should be possible to animate in avisynth too)

For case 2 the pattern is known too; but you didn't mention off screen periods or full visibility patterns. Eitherway - if it's repeating, it should be easy to make 1 cycle of the mask then loop()

Spatial inpainting tends to produce temporally inconsistent results, flickering. Often you need to apply additional filtering
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2020, 17:13   #3  |  Link
VoodooFX
Banana User

I think he is talking about InpaintDelogo.

Try this tracking plugin https://sourceforge.net/projects/avisynthtrackin , if you'll manage to make it track the logo then I'll look how to adapt it.
VoodooFX is offline   Reply With Quote