Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 5th January 2013, 21:49   #13681  |  Link
Dodgexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
@Dodgexander
You need to access the filter settings from within your player or through the tray icons of LAV Filters. If you access settings from the Start menu shortcuts, then you won't get the active instances.
That does not work, they still are innactive from within NPVR.

There are no system tray icons. How can i enable them?
Dodgexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 22:26   #13682  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Many applications can't actually show the active filters property page, but create a new instance of the filter to show it.

The tray icon is only available in the Git builds, and will be in the next release.
Old 5th January 2013, 22:27   #13683  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
#XXX: Volume normalization option. Of course disabled by default. It could perform some kind of smart check to use it only for video. For example check for presence of a video mediatype in the graph. Then audio file playback will be untouched. Volume normalization is pretty useful in quiet environments (bedroom TV) or when using weak hardware (cheap headphones, portable device).
I believe i already mentioned before that i will not offer such functionality.

Quote:
#32: Automatic loading of post-processing filters into the filter graph. This could initially be limited to the combo: VistaOrAbove + wmplayer.exe -> Let splitter load DirectVobSub.
Is this really needed?
With some configuration, i can easily make DirectVobSub load in wmplayer.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 5th January 2013 at 22:54.
nevcairiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 23:02   #13684  |  Link
DragonQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Many applications can't actually show the active filters property page, but create a new instance of the filter to show it.

The tray icon is only available in the Git builds, and will be in the next release.
Will the system tray icons always appear when LAV is used? What I'm getting at is: will we be able to actually see a proper status page when LAV is being used in MediaPortal using the system tray icons (right now, as you say, it just creates a new instance of the config window)?
Old 5th January 2013, 23:03   #13685  |  Link
Dodgexander

Quote:

Okay thanks Nev. I will wait eagerly for your next release
until then I try and tell myself I am receiving signal correctly xD
Dodgexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2013, 23:03   #13686  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonQ View Post
Will the system tray icons always appear when LAV is used? What I'm getting at is: will we be able to actually see a proper status page when LAV is being used in MediaPortal using the system tray icons (right now, as you say, it just creates a new instance of the config window)?
The icons are disabled by default, but when you enable them, they'll always show up when LAV is loaded, and clicking them opens the property sheet of the active filter, so yes, you get the real thing.
Old 5th January 2013, 23:20   #13687  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Is this really needed?
With some configuration, i can easily make DirectVobSub load in wmplayer.
Afaik, it is certainly needed for Vista. On Win7/8 there are some other tricks to make it work. For example setting the preferred decoder to "Use merit" with Win7DSFilterTweaker. Unregistering "RDP Redirection Filter" may also work, as that was the cause of it not loading in MPC-HC.
Old 5th January 2013, 23:25   #13688  |  Link
sardonis

MP4 audio delay

Hello all,

I have been trying to get lav filters to work properly but I have 1 major problem. When playing mp4 files muxed with mp4box I always have around 140ms audio delay. I always have to shift 140ms positive (+) in MPC-HC to get synced audio.

This doesn't happen to any other format (mkv, avi with mp2, mp3 or AC3 audio). The only format that causes a problem for me is mp4 files with AAC audio.

They play fine in VLC but I'm not planning to use this as my default player duh

As you can see I even have tried good old AC3Filter but no avail. Mp4 files keep playing with around 140ms delay..

I have set all my settings like this:

EDIT: I've noticed that I didn't have the latest lav build so I've updated to 0.54.1 but no change in my problem.

Btw, the mp4 files are muxed with the delay originated in my dvb-c recording ts files so I mux mp4 files with following parameter:

-add "audio.m4a:delay=%delay%"

Would this be a possible cause of my problem? I'm not sure whether MPC-HC does recognize the delay field as well as VLC. I'm not even sure if the mp4 splitter is responsible for this or not...?

Last edited by sardonis; 5th January 2013 at 23:36.
sardonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 00:04   #13689  |  Link
DragonQ

Have you tried MP4 samples from the internet? If they don't have the problem then it's likely just a muxing issue. Right now I need to add a ~100 ms delay to the audio when muxing my .TS TV recordings to MKV. Not sure why...
Old 6th January 2013, 00:19   #13690  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
#190: Fallback to decoding if Bitstreaming is unsupported
I actually tried doing this, but something odd started to happen.

If i let LAV only output the Bitstreaming media type, it'll connect to my SPDIF renderer just fine and bitstream AC3 and DTS.
But as soon as i also offer a PCM type as a secondary media type, the DirectSound renderer selects this one and triggers the decoding fallback. Really somewhat annoying, actually.

My guess is that it just prefers the 6 channel float media type over the "2 channel" bitstream type (DTS/AC3 always look like 2 channel to the renderer when bitstreaming). Maybe i can trick it by giving it a "wrong" type and see if it still prefers it, but even if it works, this "trick" would mean that if you do this in WMP for example, WMP locks in on 2 channels, and everything would have to be downmixed (WMP cannot change channel count on the fly) - but then, its their damn fault for misconfiguring things, right?

Can't people just know wtf they are doing when configuring things?

I did implement fallback to DTS core if DTS-HD fails, though.

Edit:
I tried various other things, but the renderer directly lies to me and claims it accepts a bitstreaming type, and then when i try to send an audio packet, it fails. Oh well, won't be changed then.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 6th January 2013 at 01:06.
Old 6th January 2013, 02:17   #13691  |  Link
clsid

Fallback works here in WMP12 with AC3Filter.
In MPC-HC it also works if I disable the internal stream switcher.
Old 6th January 2013, 02:19   #13692  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
In MPC-HC it also works if I disable the internal stream switcher.
Maybe that thing is causing the problem, however if its not reliable in most conditions, i rather have it refuse the decoder completely (and possibly using another one) instead of giving you silence.
I'll look at it again at a later time, maybe a solution will reveal itself that works with all combinations. It had its chance, and it failed, so now it moves to the end of the list.

Last edited by nevcairiel; 6th January 2013 at 02:21.
Old 6th January 2013, 02:35   #13693  |  Link
clsid

The stream switcher problem might be fixable by the MPC-HC devs.
Problem with fallback to another decoder is that it in most cases will be MS decoder, which gives silence as well (at least in MPC, it does work in WMP)
Oh well, knowing what doesn't work is a step forward as well.
Old 6th January 2013, 09:45   #13694  |  Link
jmone

Quote:
I need to establish priorities for the upcoming tasks for LAV again, all i wanted to do on high-priority is about done, so whats next up after 0.55 is still in the air. We'll see.
BD Menu Support
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 09:50   #13695  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmone View Post
BD Menu Support
No, let him implement World Peace first!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 10:16   #13696  |  Link
jmone

World Peace is overrated.... BD Menus are a much higher priority (though may be slightly more complicated!)
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 10:20   #13697  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

You're probably right on all accounts!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 15:59   #13698  |  Link

People want to use menus!?

One of the biggest advantages of using a HTPC for Blu-ray is that I can just start index.bdmv (which I have pinned to MPC-HC on the taskbar) and the film starts immediately. No trailers/ads/anti-piracy warnings (ironic considering you only see them on legitimately purchased Blu-rays) and no waiting for menu animations to load up etc.

I wish there were an easy way to skip menus like that for DVD, but I haven't found anything yet. The closest I've found is to set AnyDVD to "Remove annoying clips from menus" and "Remove annoying titles shorter than 10 minutes" which has a lot of films either start playing immediately, or at least takes you directly to the menu without all the ads. Some discs do crash like this however, and I need to disable the "Remove annoying titles" option.
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 16:07   #13699  |  Link
nussman

Quote:
Maybe that thing is causing the problem, however if its not reliable in most conditions, i rather have it refuse the decoder completely (and possibly using another one) instead of giving you silence.
I'll look at it again at a later time, maybe a solution will reveal itself that works with all combinations. It had its chance, and it failed, so now it moves to the end of the list.
We discuss the same problem here (in german) with dvbviewer sourcefilter: http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/...m/page__st__40

With AC3-Filter there is a fallback to decoding when bitstream is not supported by the renderer and that helps a lot.

Last edited by nussman; 6th January 2013 at 16:12.
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2013, 17:23   #13700  |  Link
oddball

I have a big problem. I want LAV audio to send 7 and 8 channel as 6 channel (5.1) mapping. I know I can do this in the channel mapping tab. But if I enable it then it sends EVERYTHING (including stereo PCM) as 5.1! I just want it to send 7 or 8 channel stuff like DTS-ES as 5.1 PCM so I can use ReClock with WASAPI. My hardware does not support 7 and 8 channel WASAPI it would seem (I just get a 48000 IEEE float 7 channel error).

Is there a way to force LAV audio to always send 7 and 8 channel sources as 6 channel when detected?
oddball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter