Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 16th September 2012, 00:56   #15781  |  Link
raul124

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
This might be a silly question... but have you set a working path (the second browse button at the top of the dialog)? You have to select a place for BD-RB to store things before it can import -- otherwise it has nowhere to put the files.
Yes Sir Mr. jdobbs it looks like i needed to select the working folder first and than imports the movie.. thank you BD team.
raul124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 04:12   #15782  |  Link
sytyguy

I had the same problem, but it was obvious to me to direct it to a "working Path". In fact, I put it into the "INI" file, and it worked like a charm. I'm sorry, but I don't understand the problem, it seems so obvious.

And I'm a novice at this.
sytyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 07:39   #15783  |  Link
ps2xbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adbear View Post
If they are web downloads then I wouldn't expect any help here. Not only are they pirated, but you have no idea what pre-processing has been done on the files
Dear jdobbs,
this kind of movie is only decrypt from the commercial disc,
i've downloaded from the same website hundred of this kind and never has this problem.
The problem starts with battleship and so the avengers and cinderella...
Also i've tried to rip this blu ray on my desktop pc and on the notebook with same results..
ps2xbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 08:46   #15784  |  Link
Adbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2xbox View Post
Dear jdobbs,
i've downloaded from the same website hundred of this kind and never has this problem.
Also i've tried to rip this blu ray on my desktop pc and on the notebook with same results..
What difference does that make? You don't have the original discs and therefore you have no idea what pre-processing was done when the disc was ripped. If you read through this long thread he's said many times he will not do bug reports on torrents as you have no idea what's been done to them.

From the very first post in this thread
Quote:
BD-RB is meant as a means of backing up copies of discs THAT YOU OWN

Last edited by Adbear; 16th September 2012 at 08:52.
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 11:50   #15785  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

That and the fact that this is not a pirated movies support forum.

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 13:52   #15786  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Dear jdobbs,
I'm sorry, but I have to go with what the evidence provides. You're convinced it isn't your source or your system that is the root of the problem. Then how do you balance that against the the thousands of thousands of others who are successfully using the software and aren't losing any of the movie? I've personally done way over 3000 encodes (probably closer to 4000) in testing... and have never had your report happen even once. I also have yet to get another report of anyone having that issue -- and that is one that would be pretty obvious.

My rule for only supporting reports from original sources isn't philosophical or judgemental -- it is based on my considerable experience, which has proven to me that 99% of all bug reports that involved preprocessed sources were caused by the preprocessing and not my software. The other 1% will come to light in commercial discs as well.

Please try testing on at least one commercial disc -- and I think you'll find that it works correctly. If not, post your log and let's talk.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th September 2012 at 14:01.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 13:54   #15787  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Dear jdobbs,
@jdobbs--you are a moderator here. Isn't helping this guy strictly against the rules?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 14:10   #15788  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
@jdobbs--you are a moderator here. Isn't helping this guy strictly against the rules?
Here's the rule:
Quote:
6) No warez, cracks, serials or illegally obtained copyrighted content! Links to content of a questionable nature (e.g. anything you don't own and/or have downloaded), asking for, offering, or asking for help/helping to process such content in any way or form is not tolerated.
So, yeah, it is strictly against the rules.

I certainly don't know whare you get the idea I'm helping him. In fact my first response after his revealing the source was downloaded was telling him he wasn't going to get help (after it had already been clearly stated by Adbear). I think it is pretty straightforward in reviewing the posts following that point that no one else has "helped" him in anything related to his downloads or with the problem he reported since it became apparent that it was a download.

But as I said, my refusal to go any further is more from a practical perspective than a philosophical one. I'm don't have to slam him... I'm just not going to accept a bug report against a downloaded source. In other words -- I don't need to be judgmental in this case, because downloaded sources are rejected for a more objective reason.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th September 2012 at 14:25.
Old 16th September 2012, 17:30   #15789  |  Link
omegaman7

Can't seem to get the "IMPORT_FOLDER" option to work. Likely doing something wrong. I also notice it's not in the hiddenopts.txt file.

Could we get a brief description/directions on how this option works? I tried the exact command in the INI file, as well as the directory "IMPORT_FOLDER=(Directory/folder with vid files)". No apparent changes have been made to the GUI to support the importing of a folder?

I suppose since it's a hidden option, you wouldn't update the GUI

Last edited by omegaman7; 16th September 2012 at 17:51.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 18:01   #15790  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

its not a hidden option and works just fine. The GUI HAS been changed and the import feature is under the first menu. "File", you need v42.03 for it
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 18:05   #15791  |  Link
omegaman7

What I meant was, the GUI hasn't been changed to accommodate a FOLDER import. Files work just fine. Have you gotten it to load multiple files simultaneously?

I see Batch queue allows the selecting of multiple files. That may be all I need :S

Blind as a bat!!! Batch Queue is plural. My apologies.

Last edited by omegaman7; 16th September 2012 at 18:07.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2012, 18:45   #15792  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
That's likely in a couple more releases. But first I need to address the bugs being reported.

Frankly, though, I'm doing this for selfish reasons, as I like to combine vintage series discs from DVD into BD format. The import is just the first step into supporting that.
OOoohhh...Awesome! I'm diggin' your selfishness. It's an awesome way to live, and it flows to others. Much more healthy and fun than the other "normal" way. I've noticed something with my DVDs of "The Mentalist", the "Extras", or smaller streams aren't shown in the import list. I'm using HandBrake for them, curently. I haven't tried many DVDs yet..so... Do the smaller "Extras" show for you?

Sweet to know it's a step to more, jdobbs!
Old 16th September 2012, 18:52   #15793  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
OOoohhh...Awesome! I'm diggin' your selfishness. It's an awesome way to live, and it flows to others. Much more healthy and fun than the other "normal" way. I've noticed something with my DVDs of "The Mentalist", the "Extras", or smaller streams aren't shown in the import list. I'm using HandBrake for them, curently. I haven't tried many DVDs yet..so... Do the smaller "Extras" show for you?

Sweet to know it's a step to more, jdobbs!
I put an arbitrary threshold at 15 minutes. Anything less than that isn't included for consideration. That way most DVDs don't require you to decide on a title -- since there is only one that is over 15 minutes. I'll probably add an option in the next release where you can set that threshold to any value.
Old 16th September 2012, 19:00   #15794  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
Can't seem to get the "IMPORT_FOLDER" option to work. Likely doing something wrong. I also notice it's not in the hiddenopts.txt file.

Could we get a brief description/directions on how this option works? I tried the exact command in the INI file, as well as the directory "IMPORT_FOLDER=(Directory/folder with vid files)". No apparent changes have been made to the GUI to support the importing of a folder?

I suppose since it's a hidden option, you wouldn't update the GUI
I'm using it now. Here's how I'm doing it:

I have a D: drive that I used for my encodings. It has a few working folders on it (WORKING1, WORKING2...). If I leave BD-RB at it's default, and I have "D:\WORKING1\" selected -- the IMPORTS folder will be created on-demand in WORKING1 (when I import). But it is faster and more efficient if I keep the imports on another drive. I have a 3TB drive that is referenced as P:\ that I like to use for this kind of purpose. So I added this to the "[Options]" area of my config/INI file:

IMPORT_FOLDER=P:\

So now when I import -- the BD and Psuedo-BD structures will be automatically saved in a folder called "P:\IMPORTS\".

By the way, the intermediate files (.264, .MPV, .AC3, .DTS, etc) that are used when collecting the files/converting, etc. are stored in a folder called TEMPIMPORT in the working folder. But it is removed immediately after it is used.

Last edited by jdobbs; 16th September 2012 at 19:03.
Old 16th September 2012, 19:19   #15795  |  Link
omegaman7

Ok. I believe I understand. Thanks I too have multiple 2/3Tb drives.
Old 17th September 2012, 13:31   #15796  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
I certainly don't know whare you get the idea I'm helping him.
Really? Pretty simple; the post I responded to could/should have simply said "I can't help with your downloaded material" but instead you expended all this energy, which starts with an APOLOGY for cryin' out loud:

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I have to go with what the evidence provides. You're convinced it isn't your source or your system that is the root of the problem. Then how do you balance that against the the thousands of thousands of others who are successfully using the software and aren't losing any of the movie? I've personally done way over 3000 encodes (probably closer to 4000) in testing... and have never had your report happen even once. I also have yet to get another report of anyone having that issue -- and that is one that would be pretty obvious.

My rule for only supporting reports from original sources isn't philosophical or judgemental -- it is based on my considerable experience, which has proven to me that 99% of all bug reports that involved preprocessed sources were caused by the preprocessing and not my software. The other 1% will come to light in commercial discs as well.

Please try testing on at least one commercial disc -- and I think you'll find that it works correctly. If not, post your log and let's talk.
Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean there aren't forces at work to try to put Doom9 out-of-existence!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2012, 14:21   #15797  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Really? Pretty simple; the post I responded to could/should have simply said "I can't help with your downloaded material" but instead you expended all this energy, which starts with an APOLOGY for cryin' out loud:

Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean there aren't forces at work to try to put Doom9 out-of-existence!
Well... I disagree. I'm clearly spending more energy answering your post than his...

I just believe there's never anything wrong with a little common courtesy.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th September 2012 at 15:58.
Old 18th September 2012, 01:24   #15798  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I put an arbitrary threshold at 15 minutes. Anything less than that isn't included for consideration. That way most DVDs don't require you to decide on a title -- since there is only one that is over 15 minutes. I'll probably add an option in the next release where you can set that threshold to any value.
Ahhhh.. I thought it would be something like that. Okay. For now, HandBrake. Thank You.

"I just believe there's never anything wrong with a little common courtesy."

Nice. Agreed.

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 18th September 2012 at 01:32.
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 08:16   #15799  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Revisiting "Toy Story"...before I tested MKV output, and it's been a while since I watched my Blu-ray...I figured I'd make a backup with extras kept except trailers and warnings. The main screen "jerks" a little before the menu shows and the rest of the menu is smooth. Selecting play, the warnings are gone, as checked, but playing from 17 minutes 37 seconds to 17m 54s, I can hear the switch between streams and notice the out of sync with video and audio that happens with my LG (Standalone) Blu-ray player. That's as far as I've watched and listened.

Logs look good, so...not sure what to share other that visual and audio experience. Let me know...and I'll share it. Thanks. Movie & Menus, Edit Mode, Quicker and MULTI-PROCESS active. I disabled MP, same thing. I'll set for full backup next.

Update: I'm attempting a Full Backup with Quick for extras, and BD-RB reports this error: "BD Rebuilder experienced an error 1801 [12:52:27] ReencodeAudio() 00075 1801".
I'll deactivate "Quicker" and see what BD-RB does.

Update: I burned the rip to a RW..same jitter noticed. I'll have AnyDVD HD rip again soon. Some other testing with other stuff..

Last edited by AmigaFuture; 19th September 2012 at 08:39. Reason: Bad rip?
AmigaFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2012, 21:29   #15800  |  Link
omegaman7

Ran AVATAR_CE_D2 And Disc 3 last night in batch mode. D2 came out 2Gb over sized under "Better" quality setting. I used X264 LAVF frame server. I now plan to use DGDecNV for frameserving on this one. I recall it being more intelligent about output sizes

I'm afraid I didn't save any of the output, given I'm coming very close to full hard drives. 13Tb, And I'm close LOL! :S