Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 2nd September 2006, 16:59   #1  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Yamb 2.1.0.0 beta 2 is out...

Here is Yamb 2.1.0.0 beta 2...The old one is still there.

Just a side note, the only recommended sites to download this preview are : doom9.org, yamb.unite-video.com or my personnal website kurtnoise.free.fr. Don't trust the others...especially with spywares/adwares,etc which can be added.

For those who don't know what Yamb is : this is mainly a GUI for MP4Box but with a lot of features :
  • This GUI is able to mux a lot of Audio (aac, mp4, mp3, vorbis...) & Video Files (3gp, mp4, mpeg, vob, ogg, avi...) with subtitles and chapters support.
  • able to Split/Join mp4/mov/3gp files.
  • able to extract some tracks from AVI files or raw/mp4/3gp streams, subtitles and chapters.
  • Have some infos about your files.
  • able to tag mp4/3gp files.
  • Full Unicode support.

If you are already a Yamb user, bear in mind that 2.0 has been completely rewritten to be more user-friendly. So, I hope you would like it...

Some extra comments for MP4/3GPP Files Creation :
  1. When you drop your files, some streams can be directly unchecked. (AC3/DTS audio streams from VOB/MPEG/AVI or x264vfw streams from AVI). It's not a bug but Yamb's behaviour to avoid mux problems : MP4Box doesn't support these kind of streams.
  2. For VFR Creation :
    • MP4/MOV/3GPP as input files aren't allowed. Anyway there is a warning for that.
    • you have to specify manually the Frame-Rate for each streams via Properties because MP4Box will use a value of 25.000 fps otherwise.
  3. By default, Yamb shows only File & Description Columns for the Input List. You can of course add/remove what you want here (File, Index, Description, Name, Language, FrameRate) via a right-click on the header List. Some note about "Index" : in this are stored tracks IDs for MP4/MOV/3GPP, Index for VobSub files and video/audio type for AVI/MPEG/VOB files...All this is needed for MP4Box.

Extra comments for Yamb Settings :
  • "Enable OnFinish Event" option : when running process is complete and you click on Finish Button, you will have a message which gives you the possibility to quit application (yes) or to return on the main page (no).
  • For the moment, "help" button links to the website. Sorry for people who have a poor internet connection are for whose who prefer to work offline. In the future, this help will link with a .chm file.

If you have found a bug, please follow these rules for bugreports :
  1. Provide the Yamb and MP4Box version or the date of compilation (same things for tagger tools).
  2. Try to describe as clear as possible issues or troubles : needed to reproduce bugs on my side.
  3. (formely named Yamb.log).

Bugreports or anything else can be reported by mail : kurtnoise at free dot fr or directly in this thread.

There will be probably some questions or comments. I'll add them here later but now I let you to find extra goodies by yourself. Enjoy !!!

Bugs Hunting is officially open...

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 29th June 2009 at 13:51.
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 17:25   #2  |  Link
bond

WOW! this really rocks!
the things i tried seemed to work fine.

i noticed the following:
you seem to allow to set the brandname only on video streams. this is problematic as with audio-only mp4 files the user cant set a brand and with mp4 files with more than one video stream he could set more than one.
if possible it might be better to allow setting the brand on the first stream to be added no matter what type it is?

also it might be good to give the user the option to set a brand called something like "MPEG-4 compatible", meaning letting mp4box set the right brand it wants to use (also pointing out that using an own brand is not really mpeg-4 compatible)

MPEG-4 ASP FAQ | AVC/H.264 FAQ | AAC FAQ | MP4 FAQ | MP4Menu stores DVD Menus in MP4 (guide)
Ogg Theora | Ogg Vorbis
use WM9 today and get Micro$oft controlling the A/V market tomorrow for free
bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 18:01   #3  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Truly awesome work mate... will report back soon
Old 2nd September 2006, 21:04   #4  |  Link
emmel

Thanks.

Just did some tests with .264, .aac, and .idx, and everything worked really fine as expected.

Nice work.
emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2006, 23:29   #5  |  Link
anonymez

marvellous work, as always
anonymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 07:56   #6  |  Link
guada2

Quote:
Finally, as promised.

Bye
guada2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 08:08   #7  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

I added some comments in my 1st post :

Some extra comments for MP4/3GPP Files Creation :
  1. When you drop your files, some streams can be directly unchecked. (AC3/DTS audio streams from VOB/MPEG/AVI or x264vfw streams from AVI). It's not a bug but Yamb's behaviour to avoid mux problems : MP4Box doesn't support these kind of streams.
  2. For VFR Creation :
    • MP4/MOV/3GPP as input files aren't allowed. Anyway there is a warning for that.
    • you have to specify manually the Frame-Rate for each streams via Properties because MP4Box will use a value of 25.000 fps otherwise.
  3. By default, Yamb shows only File & Description Columns for the Input List. You can of course add/remove what you want here (File, Index, Description, Name, Language, FrameRate) via a right-click on the header List. Some note about "Index" : in this are stored tracks IDs for MP4/MOV/3GPP, Index for VobSub files and video/audio type for AVI/MPEG/VOB files...All this is needed for MP4Box.

Extra comments for Yamb Settings :
  • "Enable OnFinish Event" option : when running process is complete and you click on Finish Button, you will have a message which gives you the possibility to quit application (yes) or to return on the main page (no).
Old 3rd September 2006, 08:10   #8  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
i noticed the following:
you seem to allow to set the brandname only on video streams. this is problematic as with audio-only mp4 files the user cant set a brand and with mp4 files with more than one video stream he could set more than one.
if possible it might be better to allow setting the brand on the first stream to be added no matter what type it is?
a yes...I didn't think about that. I'll change this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond
also it might be good to give the user the option to set a brand called something like "MPEG-4 compatible", meaning letting mp4box set the right brand it wants to use
I don't get your point...What do you mean by "MPEG-4 compatible" ? Something like mp42/mp41 ?
Old 3rd September 2006, 08:30   #9  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi Kurt,

When attempting to "Add" 1No elementary (MPEG-4 Part2) .CMP stream, a whole load of other streams appeared: -

A similar thing happens when adding elementary (MPEG-1) .M1V and elementary (MPEG-2) .M2V streams...

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2006, 09:45   #10  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Seems like MediaInfo bug...I'm working on it.
Old 3rd September 2006, 09:55   #11  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Fixed. Same link as above.

Thank you.
Old 3rd September 2006, 11:07   #12  |  Link
JoeBG
stupid

Great job

Joe
------------------------
freedom is just another word for nothing left to loose
JoeBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 14:49   #13  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Thanks and a suggestion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtnoise13
Fixed. Same link as above.
Thanks... That nailed it

When importing/adding streams, would it be possible to configure YAMB to display more detailed information about the individual streams from both MediaInfo and MP4Box?

Something like this perhaps: -

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 3rd September 2006 at 15:42.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 15:11   #14  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

Excellent job Kurtnoise13!
Sirber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 16:07   #15  |  Link
ChaosKing

I have found a cosmetic Bug.

I don´t have the Font, that you used in Yamb 2.0
Old 3rd September 2006, 16:17   #16  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

I forgot to mention...

I'm not sure what you mean by the therm "Edition"... Do you mean "Editing"?

Cheers
Old 3rd September 2006, 16:20   #17  |  Link
Sirber
retired developer

@SeeMoreDigital

It's "Editing". "Edition" is bad translation from french, "Édition".
Sirber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 17:05   #18  |  Link
lolent

this new version of YAMB looks awesome
thanks Kurtnoise13 for your work
lolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2006, 17:28   #19  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
When importing/adding streams, would it be possible to configure YAMB to display more detailed information about the individual streams from both MediaInfo and MP4Box?
Well, give me a good reason to include this (i.e try to convince me) because this is not the main purpose of this GUI...

@ChaosKing : ok...I'll change the font.
Old 3rd September 2006, 17:36   #20  |  Link
Mtz

I made a test file MP4 ASP file with subtitles. The subtitles are not working in standalone player. Will be possible this?

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by Mtz; 3rd September 2006 at 17:49.
Mtz is offline   Reply With Quote