Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 24th April 2010, 16:42   #7521  |  Link
soneca

Quote:
Can you see the difference between 16 and 18?
Difficult but depending on the material, yes, there is an improvement.
At least, I notice!
soneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 20:29   #7522  |  Link
stinman

May I ask about ripbot and different ver of x264

I only use your program atak and sometimes BDRebuilder,BDRebuilder will not let you put anything other than BDMV files and will not let you keep HD audio unless you do a BD-25,but I do get faster encodes with it,the difference is BDrebuild uses me-hex and ripbot uses me-umh,which is best? Everything is the same on default settings except the me-xx above and a couple other things like keyint 24 and keyint min-1 for BDreb and keyint-240 and keyint min-24 in RipBot 1.15.1.Does this have anything to do with time and quality?The only other thing is rc-lookahead ripbot is 40 and BDreb is 24,all these are default settings.
Last night I changed the x264.exe's to the latest ver for both x264_x64.exe and the x264_x86.exe and put them in the tools in ripbot264.Is this OK to do or should I leave the one you put in when you updated ripbot, Atak? I'm wondering if I screwed anything up,I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate,Phenom II 965BE AM3 cpu oc 3.8 and Corsair DDR3 XMS3 1600 memory 4GB's.Most the time it takes about 5hrs with both programs.When i use yours I only encode the movie file(no audio)then remux the Hd audio back in with tsmuxer.It took me 7.5 hrs last night, this is a couple hrs out of the norm,should I put the x264.exe's you had in there,or does this matter.Thanks for your program,It has helped save loads of room on my hard drives and keep great quality.

stin
stinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 22:09   #7523  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
the difference is BDrebuild uses me-hex and ripbot uses me-umh,which is best?
me-umh is better

Quote:
couple other things like keyint 24 and keyint min-1 for BDreb and keyint-240 and keyint min-24 in RipBot 1.15.1.
longer gop is better for quality. With ultra short gop like 24 you may noticed unpleasant change in scene details. (encoder is forced to insert keyframe every second). Some people describe this as "frame pulsing". In Constant Quality mode files with shorter gop (24 for example) are always larger.

keyint 24 and keyint min-1
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ylydyz522mk/24.mkv

keyint [fps*10] and keyint [fps]
http://www.mediafire.com/file/znm0ht2zznz/240.mkv

Quote:
Is this OK to do or should I leave the one you put in when you updated ripbot, Atak?
you can always use latest builds from x264.nl because HRD patch has been committed some time ago.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 24th April 2010 at 22:12.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 23:57   #7524  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Custom profiles will be added in v1.1.0.

Simple design will be always kept. That's my goal
x2, i verry like the simple and great design of ripbot264 program. I have tried a lot of h264 gui and this is the most easier and simple to configure and use.
Old 25th April 2010, 00:03   #7525  |  Link
8ternity

@dvgeek:

Any update about my reply and solutions?
Old 25th April 2010, 00:03   #7526  |  Link
stinman

Thank You Atak for your answers

Thanks for the input, and the links for knowledge. I wish I knew how to use x264 from the command line.My Bluray backups always look good.I didn't state that the BDrebuilder back-up I was comparing with was a default BD-5,not sure what it is in BD-9.I had Ripbot set at 7168 bit rate,2 pass because I was going for around 8GB (no audio). The file was 28GB with DTS-MA ,it was 3.47GB.In all I ended with a 11GB HD movie that is as good as the orginal.Thanks!

stin
Old 25th April 2010, 00:31   #7527  |  Link
Cartman

MKV flag for AAC-HE

One question: when finally multiplexing MKV, shouldn't be the HE/SBR/AAC+ flag set for HE-AAC 5.1? It's not the case atm...
Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 11:27   #7528  |  Link
davidsama

When is a new version of ripbot coming out?
davidsama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 14:55   #7529  |  Link
Balthazar2k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsama View Post
Is there something in particular you are looking for? As of now, RipBot is excellent. I don't see Atak adding too many more features in the future, so it might be a while.
Balthazar2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 16:53   #7530  |  Link
thebasa

.ini

is there documentation on what all can be pre-selected in the interface by a setting in RipBot264.ini or are the default settings in there the only ones that are recognized? for example would be helpful for me to have automatically pre-selected all subtitles to demux in the bottom pulldown, and after demux automatically set audio to aften 640, set normalize none and crop automatic.

Last edited by thebasa; 25th April 2010 at 16:55.
thebasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 17:53   #7531  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Atak, why does RipBot require Admin privileges every time it starts? Can it be avoid?
MKVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2010, 21:44   #7532  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
in May

Quote:
One question: when finally multiplexing MKV, shouldn't be the HE/SBR/AAC+ flag set for HE-AAC 5.1? It's not the case atm...
this only works when you don't use copy stream. I will try to fix that in newer version.

@thebasa
whole documentation is in ripbot264.ini

Quote:
Atak, why does RipBot require Admin privileges every time it starts? Can it be avoid?
few reasons why I need Admin privileges
1) in order to set ffdshow as preffered directshow decoder in windows 7.
2) in order to register missing filters

Above tasks could be done by installer (Nevertheless Admin privileges also would be required) but I prefer simpler solutions like .7z file

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 25th April 2010 at 21:46.
Old 26th April 2010, 17:09   #7533  |  Link
Hyrax

I hate asking for new features - this is an excellent program and I really appreciate all the effort you've already put into it. I don't want to add to your troubles, but I'd like to ask for something that would be useful.

I wonder if it would be possible to have options to keep the existing audio extract and another option to keep the existing first pass data?

My workflow is to usually try a single pass, CQ encode first. I then take a look at it and if it looks good and if it will fit on a DVD, I'll keep it. If it looks bad I'll either go to a 2-pass encode or try a better CQ encode. Every time I rerun a Ripbot job, it goes through the creating audio phase, even when the existing audio is fine.

The problem with a 2-pass encode is that it takes a long time. Sometimes I need to shut down my computer in the middle of a 2nd pass. When I restart the computer, I need to go back to the beginning again - wasting an hour or two.

I usually get around this 2-pass problem by running the CMD files created in the job directory, but this seems a little unsafe to me.

Thanks,
Tim
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 20:46   #7534  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The problem with a 2-pass encode is that it takes a long time. Sometimes I need to shut down my computer in the middle of a 2nd pass. When I restart the computer, I need to go back to the beginning again - wasting an hour or two.

Click
Old 26th April 2010, 23:23   #7535  |  Link
stinman

That "click" was a very Kool answer, I wish I new how to do that.I'm sure some would say you was being a smart ass,but i think that was kool.
Old 27th April 2010, 04:35   #7536  |  Link
TheAncientEvil

AppleTV AC3 track

Hi all, just wondering if and how people are encoding 720p content with AAC + AC3 DD for the AppleTV as RipBot doesn't seem to have an option for that that I can find. Do you mux the AC3 track in with some other tool after encoding the h264+AAC with RipBot?

Thanks for any tips..
TheAncientEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 10:48   #7537  |  Link
klopsknoedel

@TheAncientEvil

RipBot-Folder -> Tools -> tsmuxer -> tsMuxerGUI.exe

1. click on "add" and ADD the finished h264+AAC-file wich RipBot generated
2. click on "add" and ADD the AC3-Track
3. Select the Format on the "Output" and click on "Start Muxing"
klopsknoedel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 16:33   #7538  |  Link
mmmmdonut

I just do multichannel AAC and let aTV mix it as prologic for my receiver to split. Keeps things nice and simple.
mmmmdonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 16:38   #7539  |  Link
harrystruman

Problem with VC1 sources

Czesc, Atak!!!

I've been using your tool for a while, and its great, but I have been observing a couple of things that bother me, maybe you can throw me a hand:

1) The PSP profile from 1.14.1 worked for me without problems. But the latest version (1.15.1) has some changes to it that make sometimes the video to "dissolve", like when a codec doesnt have enough bitrate to present the picture, but uglier. Im guessing some x264 option newly introduced (could be even before, 1.14.6) that doesn't always work good on the PSP. Im talking firmware 5.03, you can understand why I wouldnt go higher in this Any option I could turn off? I tried several, but no luck.

2) The second thing bothers me more: Every time I have a VC1 source, I feel a delay in the ripbot generated file. Sometimes its so obvious that is not OK to keep the file. Later I examine the source, and the source goes OK, no delay or anything. The weird thing is, its not constant, its more noticeable in some scenes that others. For example, Nico - Above The Law original UK Bluray: Starts nice, everything in place.About 40 minutes later, you can feel some delay. Around 15 minutes later, a milisecond more. And in the end, everything goes fine again.

My setup:

Windows 7 64 bit, Ripbot 1.14.1 and 1.15.1 (for testing)
ffdshow set to ffmpeg-mt for AVC, set to WMV9 for VC1
MakeMKV for copying from original blurays to HDD.
-NOTE: I tried the demo anydvd to see if the untouched M2TS file did the same, and it did, so I dont think its a problem of container.

Keep up this great work.

Pozdrowienia!!!!!!

Last edited by harrystruman; 27th April 2010 at 16:40.
harrystruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2010, 17:31   #7540  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1) The PSP profile from 1.14.1 worked for me without problems. But the latest version (1.15.1) has some changes to it that make sometimes the video to "dissolve", like when a codec doesnt have enough bitrate to present the picture, but uglier. Im guessing some x264 option newly introduced (could be even before, 1.14.6) that doesn't always work good on the PSP. Im talking firmware 5.03, you can understand why I wouldnt go higher in this Any option I could turn off? I tried several, but no luck.
Nothing has been changed in PSP profile. I also have PSP (that was my main reason to start this project) and I haven't had any problems with quality so far @. BTW I use CQ@22.

Quote:
2) The second thing bothers me more: Every time I have a VC1 source, I feel a delay in the ripbot generated file. Sometimes its so obvious that is not OK to keep the file. Later I examine the source, and the source goes OK, no delay or anything. The weird thing is, its not constant, its more noticeable in some scenes that others. For example, Nico - Above The Law original UK Bluray: Starts nice, everything in place.About 40 minutes later, you can feel some delay. Around 15 minutes later, a milisecond more. And in the end, everything goes fine again.
What's your CPU? I wouldn't be surprised if your cpu is too slow.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360