Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Hardware players

Old 3rd December 2017, 08:10   #1  |  Link
mr_lou

Which hardware players will play Blu-ray ISO with full Java menus?

My 5-year long Blu-ray project is finally complete and released. See www.8bitMemoirs.com

This is an eBook with lots of music and video. It needs a Blu-ray player to run. So you either burn the ISO to disc and play in any Blu-ray Disc player - or you play the ISO from USB and/or harddisk with another hardware player or software player.

I'm looking to find out which hardware devices will play an ISO like this from USB and/or harddisk. So far I've found a rather surprisingly large list, which is supposed to be able to play it:

Egreat S5A / A1080
Dune HD Base 3.0
Dune HD Prime 3.0
Dune HD MAX
Dune HD Duo
Dune HD Smart B1
Dune HD Smart D1 - confirmed, runs fine
Dune HD Smart H1
Dune HD Solo Lite - confirmed, runs fine
Dune HD Solo 4k
Dune HD Duo 4k
Netgear NTV550
Popcorn Hour A200 / A210
Popcorn Hour A300
Popcorn Hour C200
Popcorn Hour C300

I'm looking for additional devices I can add to this list, and also looking for confirmation that my ISO will run on the other devices.

The ISO is 23 gb though (because of all the music and video), and you probably don't wanna download that much. So here's an alternative ISO that's only 83 mb but contains the same style of Java code:
http://blu-play.com/iso/UkkosJourney-BluPlay.iso
(An old game I ported from cellphone).

If you have one of the above devices (or another device that you think should work), and a few spare minutes, I'd be grateful if you'd test this ISO and share the results.

Thank you!
mr_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2018, 19:09   #2  |  Link
mr_lou

Adding some info to anyone who might find this thread in a search.

The site iboum.com has info on a lot of various hardware media players, and search filters that allows you to specifically find players that'll playback full Blu-ray Java menus:

Click here to see a list of these players.
Old 9th March 2018, 17:40   #3  |  Link
ashlar42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_lou View Post
Adding some info to anyone who might find this thread in a search.

The site iboum.com has info on a lot of various hardware media players, and search filters that allows you to specifically find players that'll playback full Blu-ray Java menus:

Click here to see a list of these players.
Hoped it was better... lots of old models...

Last edited by ashlar42; 9th March 2018 at 17:43.
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2018, 05:39   #4  |  Link
mr_lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post
Hoped it was better... lots of old models...
Yea, I don't know why the list doesn't contain newer models - especially considering that some of these models are shown in advertisements on the same page. I guess they're just behind. or maybe it's just not updated anymore.

Anyway, some newer models are:

Egreat A5 / A10 / A11
Egreat S5A / A1080
HiMedia Q10 Pro
VidOn.me AV200
VidOn.me TV box
Zidoo X9S / X10

Maybe the list doens't contain newer models, because the site focuses on SoC devices. I.e. devices that plays media files that are supported by the hardware chip. Chips like Sigma SMP8642, SMP8643 and SMP8647. and also Realtek RT1185 and RT1186.

Nowadays any Android TV box can play Blu-ray folders and ISO files with full Java menu, as long as you install a media player that supports BD-J. VidOn.me player has been available for this for many years.

I haven't personally tried VidOn though. Would love to, but either my country is blocked or else their website isn't working, because I can't create an account there. It just gives me a blank page when I click the Sign Up link.