Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 28th January 2012, 03:32   #11921  |  Link
FreeFall

woody777,

Can you upload a sample file?
FreeFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 04:43   #11922  |  Link
woody777

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeFall View Post
woody777,

Can you upload a sample file?
Like the MKV file?

I uninstalled mpc-hc, updated Directx, reinstalled mpc-hc and all seems well again. However, it was working fine on my first install - at least for a little bit.
woody777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 04:57   #11923  |  Link
Mangix
Audiophile

rant:

i like how madVR performs faster than vmr9 and evr on this pos machine running xp with a p4 2.6ghz and an hd2400 pro. even with stock settings. really pathetic. or awesome. not sure.
Mangix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 05:43   #11924  |  Link
FreeFall

woody777,

Yeah I meant a sample of the Mkv to test, looks like you managed to sort out the problem on your end.
FreeFall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 06:53   #11925  |  Link
dansrfe

madshi,

Can you please explain to us how to read the log files so that we can attempt to figure out why a certain problem is happening? Thanks.
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 12:10   #11926  |  Link
wanezhiling

"madVR 0.80 + CoreAVC 3.0.1(Hardware)", there's no image output when playing 1080i??
wanezhiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 12:38   #11927  |  Link
phoenixxl

MPC-HC Fullscreen

Hello,

When using mpc-hc in fullscreen mode , then , whilst playing one presses the right mouse button , mpc-hc reverts to desktop frequency before displaying the context menu. The first time clicking , the menu doesn't even appear.

I have no idea if this is a madvr issue or something in mpc-hc , I just know this only happens when using madvr output. Right clicking 24 fps media while playing in EVR , haali , vmr , overlay output in fullscreen , the frequency doesn't change.

I know a lot of changes have been made in mpc-hc where fullscreen custom frequency playback is concerned so i'm not sure where to post about this tbh.

In the end , for me , the fact it takes 3-4 seconds to switch screen mode then 3-4 again to switch back every time the right mouse button is pressed sometimes crashes my player , sometimes de-syncs my audio and has changed the right click from handy to dangerous.

It would be great if you could look into this .

Thank you in advance.
Phoenixxl.

--

PS:

I am using mpc-hc 1.5.3.4006.
My fullscreen config looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Urvi7.png

To avoid all confusion about what I mean , here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWdnBq5PMc&hd=1

At 0:20 I press the right mouse button once , freq goes from 24 to 60 back to 24. The context menu doesn't even appear. This always happens the first time.

At 0:33 I press again , freq goes to 60 , menu appears , I press info , then press cancel , player goes back to 24
phoenixxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 13:12   #11928  |  Link
golagoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixxl View Post
Hello,

When using mpc-hc in fullscreen mode , then , whilst playing one presses the right mouse button , mpc-hc reverts to desktop frequency before displaying the context menu. The first time clicking , the menu doesn't even appear.

I have no idea if this is a madvr issue or something in mpc-hc , I just know this only happens when using madvr output. Right clicking 24 fps media while playing in EVR , haali , vmr , overlay output in fullscreen , the frequency doesn't change.

I know a lot of changes have been made in mpc-hc where fullscreen custom frequency playback is concerned so i'm not sure where to post about this tbh.

In the end , for me , the fact it takes 3-4 seconds to switch screen mode then 3-4 again to switch back every time the right mouse button is pressed sometimes crashes my player , sometimes de-syncs my audio and has changed the right click from handy to dangerous.

It would be great if you could look into this .

Thank you in advance.
Phoenixxl.

--

PS:

I am using mpc-hc 1.5.3.4006.
My fullscreen config looks like this:
http://i.imgur.com/Urvi7.png

To avoid all confusion about what I mean , here's a video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXWdnBq5PMc&hd=1

At 0:20 I press the right mouse button once , freq goes from 24 to 60 back to 24. The context menu doesn't even appear. This always happens the first time.

At 0:33 I press again , freq goes to 60 , menu appears , I press info , then press cancel , player goes back to 24
That's a madVR issue.

You can speed it up by disabling the setting that's called something like 'wait 3 seconds before switching to exclusive mode' that's on by default in the madVR settings.
golagoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 14:12   #11929  |  Link
phoenixxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golagoda View Post
That's a madVR issue.

You can speed it up by disabling the setting that's called something like 'wait 3 seconds before switching to exclusive mode' that's on by default in the madVR settings.
The time it takes to change from 1920x1080/60 to 1920x1080/24 doesn't change by modifying this option.. It just goes to exclusive a bit faster at the very end.

This isn't a windowed vs exclusive mode thing... when disabling exclusive mode in madvr , the fullscreen windowed mode is still at the expected 24 hz. (you can test this by disabling this option http://i.imgur.com/dWcNh.png , madvr will open a "fullscreen windowed" at the asked frequency with a working right mouse button context menu)

It's just that when madvr plays in exclusive mode , somehow when temporarily going back to "fullscreen windowed mode" it opens a screen at desktop frequency (idk , reading what the desktop is at /shrug) , instead of keeping the information what the initial frequency mpc-hc opened the screen at was in some set of variables , and opening the temporary "fullscreen windowed mode" one in that.
Old 28th January 2012, 14:40   #11930  |  Link
golagoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixxl View Post
The time it takes to change from 1920x1080/60 to 1920x1080/24 doesn't change by modifying this option.. It just goes to exclusive a bit faster at the very end.

This isn't a windowed vs exclusive mode thing... when disabling exclusive mode in madvr , the fullscreen windowed mode is still at the expected 24 hz. (you can test this by disabling this option http://i.imgur.com/dWcNh.png , madvr will open a "fullscreen windowed" at the asked frequency with a working right mouse button context menu)

It's just that when madvr plays in exclusive mode , somehow when temporarily going back to "fullscreen windowed mode" it opens a screen at desktop frequency (idk , reading what the desktop is at /shrug) , instead of keeping the information what the initial frequency mpc-hc opened the screen at was in some set of variables , and opening the temporary "fullscreen windowed mode" one in that.
Does disabling the setting under disable desktop composition that makes it only apply when in fullscreen mode make a difference at all? Maybe try disabling the main 'disable desktop composition' setting itself afterwards too, that setting can be problematic both on and off at least when I've personally used it.
golagoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 16:00   #11931  |  Link
Owyn

Bug: minimizing video to 0x0 size in KMPlayer via tilda ` button crashes the player if madVR is used (works fine with all others)
Owyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 16:38   #11932  |  Link
bozokaydin

I used CoreAvc+Lav Filters+Madvr.

Is it better to use Madvr scaling (Chroma upcaling Softcubic 100, Luma up-down spline 4 taps) with 720p or scale with Avisynth and use Avisynth LSFMod for better quality as described in http://www.homecinema-hd.com/avisynt...ws-315_en.html

I have 1080p 60 hertz fixed LG plasma and nvidia gtx 590. I am searching maximum quality for 720p Tv show playback.
bozokaydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 16:52   #11933  |  Link
secvensor

And why it is impossible to give the chance switchings between WASAPI and ASIO in madVR?
6(3x2)GB Transcend 1426MHz
RoyalHD (64MB)[Solo6c][JPLAY]/HD7850DC22GD5V2[EIZOT965]
Seasonic X-750
VelociRaptor WD4500HLHX/16TB_STORE
secvensor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 18:13   #11934  |  Link
shimaflarex

Quote:
Originally Posted by secvensor View Post
And why it is impossible to give the chance switchings between WASAPI and ASIO in madVR?
Video renderer.
shimaflarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 20:04   #11935  |  Link
phoenixxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golagoda View Post
Does disabling the setting under disable desktop composition that makes it only apply when in fullscreen mode make a difference at all? Maybe try disabling the main 'disable desktop composition' setting itself afterwards too, that setting can be problematic both on and off at least when I've personally used it.
Sadly enabling or disabling it changes nothing.
Old 29th January 2012, 07:07   #11936  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Any NVIDIA users that have lip sync problems since 0.80? I m having lip sync issues sometimes. To fix it I need the press pauze and play again (sometimes more then one time) untill it s in sync again. Don t had these problems with 0.79. Did not change any other software (W7 x64, MPC-HC and LAV filters 0.44)
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 14:42   #11937  |  Link
phoenixxl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THX-UltraII View Post
Any NVIDIA users that have lip sync problems since 0.80? I m having lip sync issues sometimes. To fix it I need the press pauze and play again (sometimes more then one time) untill it s in sync again. Don t had these problems with 0.79. Did not change any other software (W7 x64, MPC-HC and LAV filters 0.44)
Yes .. it's less since I installed mpc-hc 4006 . : http://tinyurl.com/latest-mpc

The sync is "still there" internally .. (idk how to explain this any better) .. What you have to do to make it play in sync again is just press space a few times and it will sync up again from then on. Problems start when you pause , go windowed then fullscreen again , basically anything that's not instantaneous .

Also tbh , I was convinced my issues were related to using passthrough spdif audio though...

Last edited by phoenixxl; 29th January 2012 at 14:46. Reason: added url
Old 29th January 2012, 15:34   #11938  |  Link
Owyn

Bug №2: when a video with madVR is open ctrl+R hotkey in browsers (google chrome) doesn't work.
Owyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 15:51   #11939  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owyn View Post
Bug №2: when a video with madVR is open ctrl+R hotkey in browsers (google chrome) doesn't work.
So that's what has been causing it. I've been noticing that recently, and restarting the browser fixed things, so I didn't realise madVR was the cause.

I've also had applications going under the taskbar when you maximise them every so often. This seems to be linked to running madVR in DX11 mode (required for the smoothest playback I can get with 290.53) and toggling fullscreen/exclusive mode a few times.

I have the taskbar at the top of my screen rather than the bottom, which may or may not be related. (might not happen with it at the bottom of the screen?)
6233638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2012, 21:12   #11940  |  Link
LordX2

Hiccup/Stutter issue with later version of MadVR!

I just reformatted my HTPC so I decided to finally upgrade MadVR as well.

I have been running 0.34 since it came out - with NO issues (many people didn't like .34 - but it has worked great for me).

So I got the basics: FFDSHOW latest/MPC-HC latest - and madvr .80.

Not only did I experience the 'lipsync' issue I saw others discussing - I also get a hiccup during playback - the one file I have been using to test this on is Planet Earth Episode 1.

There is no artifacting or tearing - it just looks like what you would experience if your hardware were not up to the job.

This bothered me - so I did some trial and error. EVR and EVR Custom both did the same thing. EVR Sync worked perfectly.

I installed madvr .73 and .79 - both still had the issue.

I installed my old .34 - no problems!

I looked through the changelog for a version a little newer than 0.34 that had subtitles - I settled on 0.50.

0.50 worked too - no hiccups.

I watch 720p or 1080p .MKV files almost exclusively. NO DVDs.

So I guess what I am asking is:

1. Does anyone know what is in the newer versions that it causing them to have this hiccup?

2. Am I missing anything quality wise if I stay with 0.50 given what I watch?

Thanks for any info!

System Specs:
C2D e8500 @ 3.5ghz - Max CPU usage during test file: 35-40%
2GB DDR2 Ram - Max ram used by MPC during test: 300Mb
NVidia GTS 450 - Max GPU load during test file: 50%

So I dont think its a specs issue (especially when 0.34 and 0.50 work fine).
LordX2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling