Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 9th January 2021, 16:53   #1  |  Link
YaBoyShredderson

How to change pixel aspect ratio without encoding - staxrip broke my movie

Im in the process of encoding all my 4k rips, and so far it was going just fine, but i ran into a problem. I was prompted to download the latest version of staxrip, 2.1.7.0 i believe, i was using 2.1.3.0 i think before. I encoded 2 of movies using the new version, and just noticed after i finished the 2nd, that the PAR is way off. I checked the 1st video i encoded with the new version, its also broken. Its squished vertically, so the frame is far shorter (or wider i supose) than its supposed to be.

I used the exact same template i had saved as i used for the old one, so i have no clue why it did this, nor do i lnow how to stop it happening. I also need to know if its possible to correct the pixel aspect ratio without encoding, as the movies take an age to encode and i have far too many for me to have waste another 2 days encoding these ones again.
YaBoyShredderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2021, 17:02   #2  |  Link
YaBoyShredderson

I used mkv toolnix to correct it. I used the header editor and changed video display width to the correct value, it was supposed to be 3840 (same as video pixel width) but was instead 5338 for some reason. Is this change correct? Is the resulting file any different that if staxrip wouldve done what i wanted it to do in the first place? How do i stop staxrip from doing this?
YaBoyShredderson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
compression, encoding, par, pixel aspect ratio, staxrip