Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 29th May 2011, 17:10   #1  |  Link
donfrenchiano

Megui Bitrate calculator going wacky

Im not sure what is causing this but recently i just got the die hard blu ray set with all 4 movies. I had trouble ripping them with dvdgab maybe because of the BD+ so maybe thats what the problem is. After creating the avs script and cropping and resizing im ready to go to the bitrate calculator. Im currently on the 3rd movie i finally got the first 2 how i want them. First off when i open the bitrate calculator it takes almost 30 seconds to pop up. When it does come up i select my AC3 audio track i will be using which is about 588MB. Then I choose to set a specific size and on this one i chose around 2.6 GB total for the final avi file. when i do this it droped the vid bitrate to around 300 and says the filesize of the video will be 288MB. so then i decided to set the video bitrate manually and went up to around 2300. Next to video bitrate it says the video file size will be around 2.1Gb which is fine but when i look at the final file size at the bottom its predicting 4.5 GB. I left it this way hoping it will just be the 2.1Gb but im wondering where this discrepancy is coming from.
donfrenchiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2011, 22:54   #2  |  Link
Emp3r0r

Can you post a screenshot?