Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 11th April 2013, 15:26   #21  |  Link
LaTo
LaTo INV.

AutoGain beta7

Update Here: AutoGain-beta7

I consider the core robust and stable now, so for next release I will only fix bugs reported by users and some little things.
LaTo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 14:37   #22  |  Link
Reel.Deel

Hi LaTo, I was wondering if you changed the defaults after Beta5 or something internally? By looking at the readme's I see that the defaults are still the same. But, beta5 compared to 6 and 7 behave differently.
Here's the comparison, I used all defaults and for beta 6 and 7 I used chroma_process=0. I like beta5 better.

Also, do you think it would be worthwhile to have U=xx, V=xx parameters instead of chroma_process=xx? I've come across footage where one of the chroma channels seems to be more "saturated" than the other.
Maybe independent parameters can aid those types of situations.

One last thing, AutoGain works fine with 8bit YV16/24 and with 16bit YV12 but with 16bit YV16/24 I get some weird artifacts which seems to only affect the MSB/top half. Here's an example after dithering to 8bit.

Kudos on the debug view. It looks very good!
Thanks again for all your awesome work!
Reel.Deel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2013, 20:50   #23  |  Link
LaTo
LaTo INV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel.Deel View Post
Hi LaTo, I was wondering if you changed the defaults after Beta5 or something internally? By looking at the readme's I see that the defaults are still the same. But, beta5 compared to 6 and 7 behave differently.
Here's the comparison, I used all defaults and for beta 6 and 7 I used chroma_process=0. I like beta5 better.

Also, do you think it would be worthwhile to have U=xx, V=xx parameters instead of chroma_process=xx? I've come across footage where one of the chroma channels seems to be more "saturated" than the other.
Maybe independent parameters can aid those types of situations.

One last thing, AutoGain works fine with 8bit YV16/24 and with 16bit YV12 but with 16bit YV16/24 I get some weird artifacts which seems to only affect the MSB/top half. Here's an example after dithering to 8bit.

Kudos on the debug view. It looks very good!
Thanks again for all your awesome work!
I made a mistake with dark_exclude/bright_exclude, default should be "0.5" and not "0.05"... I will change it in next version, for now use "dark_exclude=0.5,bright_exclude=0.5".

And for 16bits / YV24, this seems a chroma bug (maybe I forgot a shift somewhere... )
Old 14th April 2013, 09:52   #24  |  Link
steptoe

If I click that link, or any other to try and download autogain beta's I just get the '404 error' and had done in the past

Ignore that, must have been in the process of updating it while I was typing this. Just tried searching for another link came back to this one, beta 8 was available like 2 minutes later

Thanks

Last edited by steptoe; 14th April 2013 at 09:55.
steptoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2013, 09:53   #25  |  Link
LaTo
LaTo INV.

AutoGain beta8

Update: AutoGain-beta8
Old 14th April 2013, 09:54   #26  |  Link
LaTo
LaTo INV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
If I click that link, or any other to try and download autogain beta's I just get the '404 error'
Yeah, I was updating
Old 14th April 2013, 16:37   #27  |  Link
ganymede

Your plugins makes wonders on dark scenes with footage from my Canon DSLR. Thank you very much LaTo !
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 12:33   #28  |  Link
PDyksma

LaTo:

Just want to say THANK YOU!

This is the first "autolevel" filter that works for me.
I had some difficult laser-scanned super8's which had varying levels and never succeeded in getting them right.
With your Autogain plugin the result is just amazingly good!

Thanks again!
PDyksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2013, 14:27   #29  |  Link
Motenai Yoda

just a question, how dark_exclude/bright_exclude works?
by percentile of excluded pixel or percentile of dynamic range?
also can be added a parameter that control how heavy and light correctons weighs?
ie if i want that light corrections remains unthouched, and lighting heavy corrections, or viceversa, lighting light corrections and leave heavy corrections unthouched.
I think to an "S" function that, for positive values relieve light corrections and, for negative values relieve heavy corrections (or increase lights ones).
Old 16th April 2013, 12:08   #30  |  Link
LaTo
LaTo INV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motenai Yoda View Post
just a question, how dark_exclude/bright_exclude works?
by percentile of excluded pixel or percentile of dynamic range?
By percentile of excluded pixel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motenai Yoda View Post
also can be added a parameter that control how heavy and light correctons weighs?
ie if i want that light corrections remains unthouched, and lighting heavy corrections, or viceversa, lighting light corrections and leave heavy corrections unthouched.
I think to an "S" function that, for positive values relieve light corrections and, for negative values relieve heavy corrections (or increase lights ones).
You can do that in an avisynth script with lut/mask/merge, but for general purpose I don't see the point to remove small corrections and leave big corrections untouched.
A sort of color vibrance's effect but on luminance?

Last edited by LaTo; 16th April 2013 at 18:39.
Old 17th April 2013, 09:39   #31  |  Link
LaTo
LaTo INV.

AutoGain beta9

Update: AutoGain-beta9
Old 17th April 2013, 18:53   #32  |  Link
Motenai Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTo View Post
You can do that in an avisynth script with lut/mask/merge, but for general purpose I don't see the point to remove small corrections and leave big corrections untouched.
A sort of color vibrance's effect but on luminance?
maybe I did not explain well,
I mean correction by frame, not by pixel.
I notice you have added some limits, in a similar way, when gain of contrast is huge, or small, for some stuff, like night scenes or dark/light scenes (ie a corrected night scene maybe will look like a day scene), may don't require a heavy correction, so in other stuff can be preferable don't touch so much good scenes.